St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

shull

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hysterical pish?

Iran is shitting itself, as are all its neighbours. Jeez even the guy put on TV to lie about them actually having a f**kin clue was already inflected.

Italy has sent shockwaves across Europe, that wasnt anticipated. And it means now for Europe, like China, Iran and all the other places that didn't have a clue that the virus has spread and its impossible to contain, that it's already out of control. If there ever was a way to control it?

By the time the Italians cottoned on to what was happening hundreds of thousands of people had moved through the infected areas.

People who have just visited Italy are popping up infected. They had the opportunity to infect everyone on the plane, train or coach they were on, and everyone they have come in contact with, directly, or indirectly (door handles, hand rails, restaurant tables, sauce bottles, cups cutlery etc.. etc.. since returning home.

You want proof that leaders are shitting themselves? Watch or listen to Trump's latest statement on it. Fick me even he could not spin one tiny bit of it.

Is Bojo avoiding the public in flood hit areas because theyll give him pelters..,?

Or simply avoiding contact with others?

Watch to see if he, or Trump go walkabout or have a group of the public in close proximity anytime soon!

The government dont want to tell you they cant do a thing to prevent it, other than bit by bit asking you to reduce/give up contact with others.

Face masks dont prevent catching or spreading it. The nearest thing to that is a NBC suit, And even then someone has to help you put it on, and any slip in protocol means you have potentially sealed yourself in a petri dish.

Watch how leaders are now suddenly not "pressing the flesh" or entertaining trade groups from Italy etc...

The best line of defence is how you yourself avoid contact with potential carriers, and personal hygiene.

One to think about when collecting your pie & bovril off the snack bar tomorrow night.

Ach... I'm sure all the pie stall lassies etc haven't been in contact with anyone, are all wearing masks, gloves and washing hands everytime they touch someone's money or hands!

Get some hand gel!

LPM

Not hysterical at all. It pains me to mention this but there is no/less risk for those who have self isolated by not going to the game. By the same token they must be as fit as fleas and free from all viruses. 

I was talking to a guy last night , he told me that there were 6 season tickets in his household , but with the crazy kick-off time and the cold , only 3 of the folk will be attending, the 3 other people will phone in a pizza and watch on TV. I wonder how many others are looking at it this way ? With the poor sales so far , looks like it will be a disappointingly low attendance !

Edited by billyg

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

I was talking to a guy last night , he told me that there were 6 season tickets in his household , but with the crazy kick-off time and the cold , only 3 of the tickets will be getting used, the 3 other people will phone in a pizza and watch on TV. I wonder how many others are looking at it this way ? With the poor sales so far , looks like it will be a disappointingly low attendance !

You'd better tell him it's not on his season ticket! 😉 Seriously though, the club are not responsible for the kick off time. 

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

FB_IMG_1582884792714.jpg

What M.D. doesn't understand is that it isn't the absolute number of deaths between Covid-19 and influenza which is important. He's making the common mistake of following the big shiny headline.

It's the relative rate of deaths between the viruses and how quickly it spreads relative to symptoms showing.

If the first number is very small and the second is very big, then we are in serious trouble, Most research should be focussed on answering those urgent questions.

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

The death rate for the new virus is 100 times higher than the flu and its reckoned that 40-70% of people will get the new virus according to what I’ve been reading

I should have checked the thread before posting above.

You are correct. This is absolutely why medical people are so worried about this.

The headline deaths are not the story right now.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Posted at 9:519:51

Newcastle United ban handshakes over coronavirus fears

Newcastle United have introduced a training ground handshake ban in an attempt to guard against the spread of the coronavirus.
The club has put a stop to a morning ritual of players and staff shaking hands each morning as fears over the spread of the disease increase.
Head coach Steve Bruce said: "There's a ritual here that everybody shakes hands with everybody as soon as we see each other every morning - we've stopped that on the advice of the doctor.
"Were like everybody else. Thankfully, we've got a superb doctor here and he will keep us informed of what we have to do.
"We're like everybody else, we're glued to the TV for where it's going to go next and let's hope it doesn't get any worse in this country."

Lovely story from Bruce there but his players are still going to be breathing in close proximity with each other. They'll still be sharing showers. They'll still be gobbing all over the pitch. They'll still be failing to wash their hands after taking a piss. And in their spare time, they'll be travelling all over the UK and perhaps abroad as well.

17 minutes ago, billyg said:

I was talking to a guy last night , he told me that there were 6 season tickets in his household , but with the crazy kick-off time and the cold , only 3 of the folk will be attending, the 3 other people will phone in a pizza and watch on TV. I wonder how many others are looking at it this way ? With the poor sales so far , looks like it will be a disappointingly low attendance !

We've sold in excess of 5000 tickets with a day to go.

That is not a low attendance by any stretch.

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

FB_IMG_1582884792714.jpg

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

The death rate for the new virus is 100 times higher than the flu and its reckoned that 40-70% of people will get the new virus according to what I’ve been reading

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What M.D. doesn't understand is that it isn't the absolute number of deaths between Covid-19 and influenza which is important. He's making the common mistake of following the big shiny headline.

It's the relative rate of deaths between the viruses and how quickly it spreads relative to symptoms showing.

If the first number is very small and the second is very big, then we are in serious trouble, Most research should be focussed on answering those urgent questions.

MD IS a Medical Doctor.

I think he does understand what he is writing about - and he wrote that about a week ago to point out the media, as usual, was way OTT in reporting this.

He is stressing that blind panic may not be the answer and that EVERY year thousands DO die of an 'ordinary'  flu - without such a fuss and bother from the media.

(It was in the latest Private Eye, where MD writes intelligent, informed articles every fortnight.)

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

England's chief medical officer, Prof Chris Whitty, said on Thursday that transmission of the virus between people in the UK was "just a matter of time".

He said if the outbreak intensifies, it may be necessary to close schools and stop mass gatherings of people for "probably more than two months"....
Might as well take up a cheap flight if you can. The inevitability of catching it off a shopping trolley in aldi will soon be as much of a risk

Excellent the weather is shite just now. Suspend the league for 2 months by all means. In fact after a few seconds thought just call it to a halt now - we are safe !

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

1 minute ago, antrin said:

MD IS a Medical Doctor.

I think he does understand what he is writing about - and he wrote that about a week ago to point out the media, as usual, was way OTT in reporting this.

He is stressing that blind panic may not be the answer and that EVERY year thousands DO die of an 'ordinary'  flu - without such a fuss and bother from the media.

(It was in the latest Private Eye, where MD writes intelligent, informed articles every fortnight.)

If this is a medical doctor, why the obsession over absolute death rates when he must know it's about relative values?

Edited by oaksoft

28 minutes ago, billyg said:

As W6r says, the club isn't responsible for the kick off time. 

The attendance though looks like it might be pretty good. We'll over 5,000 tickets sold by last night, posters referring to queues at the Ticket office.

I go with the mantra that if you can be there then that's the best way to enjoy the match. If you can't then you can't and TV, the reason why we have the odd kick off time, is there to access for free. Very much second best for me. Twitter etc for those working perhaps. 

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If this is a medical doctor, why the obsession over absolute death rates when he must know it's about relative values?

OK that makes more sense than your initial response...   :rolleyes:

(nice, but slow, editing...)

I am assuming you can read and so the answer to your question to me was given by MD himself in his article.

First two sentences, final paragraph.

No need to ask strangers, just read what was written.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Nah, don’t think it will be. I’ve not got tickets yet, can’t make it down to ticket office during the week and refusing to use the website to ‘book’ my season ticket seat.

There might be a few who decide to do as you say, but there might be more encouraged to go along as part of their Saturday day/night out.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, can @div ask the clown to stop posting irrelevant GIF's to add to his already irrelevant posts? 

Jeezo. 

Excuse me. Nothing irrelevant in being there. Now your self isolation sacrifice to stop the spread of the virus is appreciated. I know you will hate having to watch it on TV. 

Lovely story from Bruce there but his players are still going to be breathing in close proximity with each other. They'll still be sharing showers. They'll still be gobbing all over the pitch. They'll still be failing to wash their hands after taking a piss. And in their spare time, they'll be travelling all over the UK and perhaps abroad as well.

Newcastle.. abroad..?
Are we at war?