St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

shull

Nope barely mustered 3000 home fans. Piss poor and makes the dot counting crowd wankers seem pretty foolish

Did I mishear that or did they announce the attendance as 4479?
If so that is f**kin embarrassing. So much for W6er’s dot count of 5200 or whatever it was.
Alternatively I may have misheard that and am talking shite again. 

Not many spl teams come to st Mirren park and get 11 men behind the ball as often as they did tonight certainly not teams like Aberdeen terrible conditions yet again and we just couldn’t break them down.

Really disappointed to miss out on a wee trip to hampden but some of the reactions on here and social media are way over the top some saying it’s the worst performance of the season away and stop talking shite we have played much worse than that this season.

16 minutes ago, shull said:

Well done the stay away fans

Refusing to get ripped off by greedy fecking football Clubs

Shame on those who bought a ticket

Shull. Your logic is impossible to fathom. Your argument seems to be, charge less, pay players less, accept lower standards of play and amenities. A race to the bottom! 

That was a truly awful game with the score utterly flattering them!

You can see why County & the fakes were able to beat them at Pittodrie recently, unfortunately we were not up to the task.

Hopefully, that's the bad performance out of the way & that we get can back to form against the fakes!

1 minute ago, The77s said:

That was a truly awful game with the score utterly flattering them!

You can see why County & the fakes were able to beat them at Pittodrie recently, unfortunately we were not up to the task.

Hopefully, that's the bad performance out of the way & that we get can back to form against the fakes!

Bad performances out of the way  ?

I have watched us play like that for decades

That is the way we play.

Just more of the same rubbish we're used to at home games. This team know how to zap the passion out of you with their dullness and lack of quality.

What's even more worrying is our manager comes out afterwards and says we were the better team etc etc. He should be saying hes not happy with having all the possession but no quality to create anything and we're not up to the standard he wants us to play at. Seems as if hes happy with borefests.

Been to the recent home Motherwell cup and league games, Hamilton, Hibs, Aberdeen league games all at home and all the same. Boring, no idea how to score, dropping points against poor teams. No wonder people stayed away tonight!

All Goodwin cares about are the 2 goals conceded. That tells you of the negative defensive outlook our manager seems to have.

His 1st thought should've been about our lack of creativity and failure to have 1 shot at goal as the home team in a cup quarter final!!

Edited by Big Yards

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not been any different from the rest of the team tbh,

Respectfully disagree Cornwall.

I’m pretty sure every other member of the team managed to touch the ball during their time on the park.

He may only have been on the park for 20 odd minutes, but he looked absolutely hopeless. He looked like a competition winner. 

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

All Goodwin cares about are the 2 goals conceded. That tells you of the negative defensive outlook our manager seems to have.

His 1st thought should've been about our lack of creativity and failure to have 1 shot at goal as the home team in a cup quarter final!!

Are you feeling better now? 

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Dissapointing on many levels. Firstly, the stay away fans. Secondly, having most possession. Thirdly, More corners but no direct threat. 

We lost a home tie against a mediocre Aberdeen and got knocked out of the Cup yet your biggest disappointment is the “stay away fans”?

We lost a home tie against a mediocre Aberdeen and got knocked out of the Cup yet your biggest disappointment is the “stay away fans”?
Indeed, normally I would make sure I came up for cup games, but a saturday night in weather conditions like that with the prospect of getting home at half past midnight at the earliest too bloody right I stayed away, Ricky do us a favour and drop the super fan nonsense!

If everybody stayed away including all the Aberdeen fans then we would never ever get charged the disgraceful TWENTY POUNDS again for a Cup Tie which is LIVE ON FREE TELLY.

I also blame the dafties with the TWENTY'S PLENTY  Banners.

Get the Cup ties on the SeasonTicket

Home Club keeps Home Fans Cash

Away Club keeps Away Fans Cash ( after suitable expenses are paid to home club)