St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

shull

16 minutes ago, pod said:

Only one answer to that and it involves Aberdeen or Kilmarnock. 

The perfect answer would be to win.the Cup. 

Too many folk thinking a Cup Run is great. It is not. 

A Cup win is great 

Absolutely shite to go on a Cup Run , only to lose. 

We're still in it, we can win it. 

The build up to the first goal last night was stunning, really excellent. We played some fantastic football. We can beat anybody in Scotland playing at our best. The next round will be tough, and on paper we shouldn't win it, but we've still got a great opportunity of reaching Hampden...and for now I can dream.

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

We're still in it, we can win it. 

The build up to the first goal last night was stunning, really excellent. We played some fantastic football. We can beat anybody in Scotland playing at our best. The next round will be tough, and on paper we shouldn't win it, but we've still got a great opportunity of reaching Hampden...and for now I can dream.

Reaching Hampden is not an Open Top Bus moment. 

Would only be a Semi Final. 

Winning the Final at Hampden is what its all about. 

Semi Finals are chronic when we lose. I was at all three in the 1980's. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Reaching Hampden is not an Open Top Bus moment. 

Would only be a Semi Final. 

Winning the Final at Hampden is what its all about. 

Semi Finals are chronic when we lose. I was at all three in the 1980's. 

It's a day out at the national stadium, and usually attracts many folk who don't usually watch us. If you want the club to grow we need these kinds of matches - ones that create lasting memories. It's also more money for the club.

Would you not go to the semi-final, Shull?

29 minutes ago, shull said:

The perfect answer would be to win.the Cup. 

Too many folk thinking a Cup Run is great. It is not. 

A Cup win is great 

Absolutely shite to go on a Cup Run , only to lose. 

I've got more pressing perfect answers and it doesn't involve winning cups. 

36 minutes ago, W6er said:

It's a day out at the national stadium, and usually attracts many folk who don't usually watch us. If you want the club to grow we need these kinds of matches - ones that create lasting memories. It's also more money for the club.

Would you not go to the semi-final, Shull?

How the feck was your day out at Hampden in 2010 ? 

Who would you prefer, Aberdeen or Killie?

I'd prefer Killie.
1) They're not as good as Aberdeen.
2) If there's a replay I don't fancy going to Aberdeen. 

Thoughts?
All as above as well as Wankfoot getting sent off or carries off with an end of season injury.

1 minute ago, W6er said:

So far so good... 

Indeed. My preference is to play Kilmarnock. Firstly. I think their fans will fill the away end. Secondly as Kilmarnock is closer if there is a replay. Neither matters much if you are watching it on TV I guess. Thirdly, Burke is in great form and a pleasure to watch but we can beat Killie. Slightly less physical than Aberdeen. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, a better side are winning, just what we want.

FFS. :hammer

Allow me to introduce you to the concept of a league table, whereby each team is ranked based upon their results this season:

1761425730_SPTableFeb2020.jpg.29ef24d3c82dc75559fbf7dbd8248159.jpg

Third is a better position than seventh. You will notice that Aberdeen have won 11 games this season, compared to Kilmarnock's 9. Furthermore, Kilmarnock have lost 13 games, whilst Aberdeen have lost just 8 times.

17 minutes ago, W6er said:

Allow me to introduce you to the concept of a league table, whereby each team is ranked based upon their results this season:

Third is a better position than seventh. You will notice that Aberdeen have won 11 games this season, compared to Kilmarnock's 9. Furthermore, Kilmarnock have lost 13 games, whilst Aberdeen have lost just 8 times.

You're not very bright.

Allow me to introduce you to the team on form. 

Aberdeen have won 1 from the last 5, losing 2 and drawing 2. (5 points)

Kilmarnock have won 3 and lost 2. (9 points)

Add into that I have watched both teams over the last few weeks and, as I've already explained, Kilmarnock look a more dangerous prospect.

So much so I stuck cash on them tonight to beat the team that are above them on the league. 

Correction, never confirmed bet.......................FFS! :lol:

The game isn't done yet, best not to count any chickens. 

You stick to counting dots, anything outside that will surely give you a headache. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, W6er said:

Absolutely but expect some TV fan to spout nonsense. COYS 

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're not very bright.

Allow me to introduce you to the team on form. 

Aberdeen have won 1 from the last 5, losing 2 and drawing 2. (5 points)

Kilmarnock have won 3 and lost 2. (9 points)

Add into that I have watched both teams over the last few weeks and, as I've already explained, Kilmarnock look a more dangerous prospect.

So much so I stuck cash on them tonight to beat the team that are above them on the league. 

The game isn't done yet, best not to count any chickens. 

You stick to counting dots, anything outside that will surely give you a headache. :byebye

Form is the result of a myriad of factors, for example: injury, illness, team morale, dressing room spats,  or simply a run of easier fixtures. A dip in form or a purple patch doesn't prove much, and indeed the game against ourselves could be the beginning of five or ten straight wins for Aberdeen, or several consecutive losses for Kilmarnock.

Whilst I do enjoy counting dots, I feel you need a little free education. And really, there's no need to thank me! 🙂

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Indeed. My preference is to play Kilmarnock. Firstly. I think their fans will fill the away end. Secondly as Kilmarnock is closer if there is a replay. Neither matters much if you are watching it on TV I guess. Thirdly, Burke is in great form and a pleasure to watch but we can beat Killie. Slightly less physical than Aberdeen. 

Ach the better side has turned it around, despite being away from home...