shull

St Mirren v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Quarter Final 29/2/20

6 hours ago, shull said:

If everybody stayed away including all the Aberdeen fans then we would never ever get charged the disgraceful TWENTY POUNDS again for a Cup Tie which is LIVE ON FREE TELLY.

I also blame the dafties with the TWENTY'S PLENTY  Banners.

Get the Cup ties on the SeasonTicket

Home Club keeps Home Fans Cash

Away Club keeps Away Fans Cash ( after suitable expenses are paid to home club)

Not unreasonable suggestions Shull but would kill big pay days for smaller teams going to Ibrox or Parkhead. 

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

The Stevie Mallan delivery.

Unless you are a ridiculously big side and float it to the back stick it's a waste of time. Generally I think our set pieces have been better lately than they've been for a long time with young Cammy taking them. Last night the standard slipped a little, perhaps conditions related

I’ll give Cammy his due - he had a cracking delivery first half which we just couldn’t get a touch on and the ball landed nicely for the keeper. A different bounce and McCarthy could have levelled.

16 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I'd love to know why Danny Mullen has been overlooked.  He has determination and has scored important goals for us.  No doubt he'll be off at the end of the season and given the present squad we have it would be a loss.

I don’t rate Mullen as a starter, but he is a good impact player. In last season’s relegation battle he scored some goals out of nothing. He’s wasted if you start him but get him on when the opposition is tiring. I’m far from his biggest fan but when we need a goal I say get him on - anything has to be better than f**king Andreu.

28 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I'd love to know why Danny Mullen has been overlooked.  He has determination and has scored important goals for us.  No doubt he'll be off at the end of the season and given the present squad we have it would be a loss.

Our final substitution last night should have been either Mullen or Morias, at that point we desperately needed an 'impact' player with a goal threat. Certainly not Tony Andreu.

19 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’ll give Cammy his due - he had a cracking delivery first half which we just couldn’t get a touch on and the ball landed nicely for the keeper. A different bounce and McCarthy could have levelled.

This sums up what I felt watching us last night, we needed LUCK, almost incapable of producing any quality. 

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Our final substitution last night should have been either Mullen or Morias, at that point we desperately needed an 'impact' player with a goal threat. Certainly not Tony Andreu.

I guess the manager was looking for a player who might just pick out a killer pass or take a late free kick. 

On McGrath, he definitely looked much better when he came inside

Thought McAllister looked good on the right wing, sharper, swung in some good crosses

I'd like to see this lineup/formation 

Obika

Durmus McGrath McAllister

Foley MacPherson

Waters Famewo McCarthy Hodson

Hladky

As Shull says can never win league so don’t see big deal about staying in it, our best and most enjoyable seasons have always been in 1st division, premier league is shite..

Agree it is shite but the championship was only great when we won it. By the way of course I wanted to beat Aberdeen hopefully progress to the final but we didn’t so time to concentrate on the league & staying in it.

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Why ? 

Because given Celtics cup record in recent years, it's not the semi final draw I'd have wanted had we gotten through.  

We would have stood a better chance against the 2 Edinburgh teams. 

Ok ? 

Just now, munoz said:

Because given Celtics cup record in recent years, it's not the semi final draw I'd have wanted had we gotten through.  

We would have stood a better chance against the 2 Edinburgh teams. 

Ok ? 

We would have drawn Hibernian, not Celtic. 

17 minutes ago, munoz said:

Highly unlikely given the difference in our team now compared to the 2013 team. 

Rose tinted specs , people forget how mediocre our team was for the bulk of that season until Isma:wub: arrived - IIRC (and I do) Ross County beat us 4-1 here in Paisley the week before we beat Celtic in the S/F. Outside of Isma's:wub: sweet period we were pretty woeful finishing 11th in the league even with a squad that (not even in hindsight) looked  pretty amazing on paper.