Celtic v St. Mirren - SPFL Premiership, Sat. 7 March 2020

W6er

My tickets arrived the other day, so I thought I would start the match thread in anticipation. Normally I'd want to give this fixture a miss, especially as it costs £30 a ticket! However, it's part of a birthday celebration. 

Obviously I'm not expecting anything, but we've never lost to Celtic on March 7th! Anyone else going?

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

My tickets arrived the other day, so I thought I would start the match thread in anticipation. Normally I'd want to give this fixture a miss, especially as it costs £30 a ticket! However, it's part of a birthday celebration. 

Obviously I'm not expecting anything, but we've never lost to Celtic on March 7th! Anyone else going?

Dinnae forget to fly your TWENTY'S PLENTY banner. 

That will fecking show them. :lol:

17 minutes ago, W6er said:

I sure intend to be but haven't bought my tickets yet. Like you, I don't have great expectations but of the two big Glasgow Team's Stadiums, I prefer Celtic Park. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Fabulous big stadium. Not a bad team there at the present time either. Some great players in recent times which have gone on to bigger things.

Without a doubt both the Old Firm stadiums are world class, and their European achievements over the last couple of seasons demonstrate their ability to compete with some of the best. But £30 for that view is just taking the mickey. I have been told their stewards are likely to treat us like cattle, too.

I love supporting the underdog, though. There's something noble about supporting the Saints when faced with opposition like that. I'd just love it if we beat them, but realise that's extremely unlikely.

4 minutes ago, shull said:

The IRA appreciation society above. 

Shameful 

Not at all. But.. If you mean.. Should the Irish determine their own status.. Whether that be United or in Two Parts is up to them. I have no Irish lineage so I have no axe to grind either way. History is littered though with Freedom Movements prior to Independence from colonial powers, whether that be from Britain or any others. 

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

Without a doubt both the Old Firm stadiums are world class, and their European achievements over the last couple of seasons demonstrate their ability to compete with some of the best. But £30 for that view is just taking the mickey. I have been told their stewards are likely to treat us like cattle, too.

I love supporting the underdog, though. There's something noble about supporting the Saints when faced with opposition like that. I'd just love it if we beat them, but realise that's extremely unlikely.

Not the best of views from there. Agreed. I've found the stewards to be OK. Never personally had a problem with them. That doesn't mean that nobody has. I've been lucky enough to see us win there a few times. The most memorable for me was with a late winner scored by Alex Beckett who was a full back. A screamer. 

Just now, Yflab said:

Like Motherwell this week, will this be your first visit to this hovel? What world class stadiums have you visited?

No, it won't be my first. I've been to Hampden, Ibrox, Celtic Park, Villa Park, Tynecastle and Easter Road! 😂 So point taken, but it is considered a fine stadium. Of all of those, Tynecastle's my favourite because of the steep slope and closeness to the pitch.

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

No, it won't be my first. I've been to Hampden, Ibrox, Celtic Park, Villa Park, Tynecastle and Easter Road! 😂 So point taken, but it is considered a fine stadium. Of all of those, Tynecastle's my favourite because of the steep slope and closeness to the pitch.

Agree about Tynecastle. A full house there creates a terrific atmosphere. I like Villa Park too. The Holt end physically moves when it is full and has a noisy crowd in there. 

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

If you have been to Sellic Park before how come you said previously “I have been told their stewards are likely to treat us like cattle, too.”

Is this the first time going as a St Mirren supporter?

I went to watch Scotland beat the Faroes 6-0 about 12 years ago.

10 hours ago, Yflab said:

Like Motherwell this week, will this be your first visit to this hovel? What world class stadiums have you visited?

A few.. Parkhead, Ibrox, Wembley, Villa Park, Chelsea, PSG, Roma, Galatasary, Cape Town World Cup Stadium, Ellis Park, Johannesburg, Pretoria World Cup Stadium, Durban World Cup Stadium and Natal Sharks, Bloemfontein Celtic, Rustenberg World Cup Stadium, World Cup Final Venue, Soweto. 

My favourite was the Paris World Cup Stadium in St Denis, Paris. Of the UK ones then Celtic Park. Of the African ones, Cape Town World Cup Stadium. 

Got to admit that I had great fun at these and others not on the list. 

Edited by St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What I get is you avoiding answering a simple question. Are you incapable of coming up with a positive thought? 

Where, in this thread, did you ask a question of me?

Well until that stupid one of course.

Just asking.

Edited by stlucifer