Cars.

St.Ricky

I changed to automatics during a spell with lower back trouble and have never gone back to manual. A far cry from the Morris Minor where the heater worked if I wrapped two pieces of wire together. 

The first was the CD Version of the Vauxhall Vectra. A very well built car and good to drive. Lots of bells and whistles for its time. The only difference between that particular car and BMW's I would later own was the badge. 

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Only the ability to pay is needed for Waitrose. 

Unfortunately as I rent, I am unable to remortgage my flat so I can nip into Waitrose and buy some quail eggs.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm no mechanic but quite honestly that looks like a death trap. It doesn't even have brakes and I'd astonished if it had airbags installed as standard. The less said about the lack of a glove compartment the better.

The reliability is fantastic though. I’ve never, ever had the engine die on one of these. 

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

Too tiny for a senior like myself, but ok for a Toy Boy like you.

Is it green enough? It looks like pedal power is needed for propulsion. My shoes would wear out and need to be replaced often and the exercise might lead to more flatulence and air pollution. Unless it's a Hybrid.. Leg Power and Self Charging Battery. Does it come in black and white? 

13 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Just ordered one of the tri-motor, fully self driving ones for you. That's £100 you owe me for the deposit. Cash is fine. :)

Great thanks. Good to be able trust a fellow buddie and pretty sure you are not a nigerian scammer so have put 2 x £50 notes inside your get well soon card. Hope the postie delivers it ok.

My first car was a hand down Audi 100 GL 1974 Grey

On my first driving test, that I failed ( Taylor the failer - Glenburn circa 1981) I knocked down an old woman, she just appeared between 2 cars. Taylor got out, helped her to her feet, and then gave her a verbal doing, for just appearing in front us. I was a nervous wreck..... Taylor got back in, and the said " Now please just carry on and put that to the back of your mind ". The phucker failed me for not looking in my mirror enough- presuming he expected me to go into reverse and finish off the old woman...

Ah fond memories...………………..

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Is it green enough? It looks like pedal power is needed for propulsion. My shoes would wear out and need to be replaced often and the exercise might lead to more flatulence and air pollution. Unless it's a Hybrid.. Leg Power and Self Charging Battery. Does it come in black and white? 

Just think of the wear on shoes as the equivalent of your brake pads.

Found this one for you

0B8DA9D4-7DCC-41AF-BAC4-2C4AB5278F89.jpeg

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
5 hours ago, antrin said:

Too tiny for a senior like myself, but ok for a Toy Boy like you.

Course it does, carn't ave the Polis warking carn we?   LARGE opppp's cornwell beat me to it 😬

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by jaybee

54 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Had the misfortune of having Taylor the failer for my first test as well (1986) Was failed for incorrect positioning at a right hand turn (Stanley Drive on to Stanley Road) and incorrect use of the gears (I went into 4th going up Neilston Road which was too high a gear and dropped back into 3rd) Did all the maneuvers perfect and answered all the questions correctly. Passed a couple of months later, took 3 attempts to reverse round a corner, was asked when I should put my lights on, my answer as I couldn't really remember was it was to something to do with the street lights. Was shown a road symbol that i said looked like two hump back bridges, examiner asked what I could see, I said two bumps, he then said so what is it, I replied bumpy road (uneven road).

Congratulations you've passed emoji23.png

My old  mad mate Gordie, had him around 1982, first test for Gordie, who had actually been driving since he was 15. Taylor pulled him over in Neilston Rd, told him to head back to centre as no point in continuing he had failed . Gordie said " Get out my f??king car, you can f??king walk back to centre". He then left him drove home and got a visit from the police about 3 hours later. Lost his provisional for a year :lol: