Saint Mirren v St Johnstone March 2020

St.Ricky

Whatever happened to Cody Cooke? Thought he was back from injury at the start of December and he seems to be available for selection but not making the bench most weeks. I don't see much of a difference between Cooke, Mullen, Morias, Andreu in terms of quality or goal threat.

If we'd won tonight you could imagine that would have been a blow to Hearts after a derby win at Easter Road and Accies beating Rangers at Ibrox would still not have made up any ground on us after big wins.

Absolutely shite. Wonder what drugs Goody is on. f**king Andreu and Morias. What a f**king joke. Apart from Wallace Foley and Hladky the rest get 0 out of 10. Oblka back to what he was like V Hibs. Cant win your home games theres only one way your going and that's down. A lot of them will be looking for new jobs. We play Hearts next week play like that and we will lose.

His subs are unfathomable, beyond bizarre. Wallace and McGrath should have been off as we were creating nothing. We needed a midfield spark, can only assume McAllister wasn't fit again. Andreu offers nothing . Scrap well and truly on but we are still in the driving seat.

Posting this with the hope that in 15 minutes I have egg on my face. Jim brings on Andreu and Morais from a bench that also has McAlister (great game at the weekend), Mullen...does Jim really want to win the game or not? Andreu! Morias! Durmus off!

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Whatever happened to Cody Cooke? Thought he was back from injury at the start of December and he seems to be available for selection but not making the bench most weeks. I don't see much of a difference between Cooke, Mullen, Morias, Andreu in terms of quality or goal threat.

Cooke isn't one of Goodwin's boys.

Don't get me wrong CC ain't the man to save our season, but IMO neither are Andreu or Morias. Mullen is there as bench filler - i'd be surprised if we seen him for a grand total of 30 minutes in the remainder of his time at the club.

31 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Two shite teams. Goodwin's substitutions are baffling. Now making more bad decisions than good.

Agreed. 

Was something up with Kyle? Thought he was on the bench, but nowhere to be seen at half time and didn’t warm up the second half. A definite case of two points dropped, and think Goodwin needs to look at himself for the performance. 

5 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Cooke isn't one of Goodwin's boys.

Don't get me wrong CC ain't the man to save our season, but IMO neither are Andreu or Morias. Mullen is there as bench filler - i'd be surprised if we seen him for a grand total of 30 minutes in the remainder of his time at the club.

Opposing managers must be panicking as the 65th minute approaches. Will St Mirren mix things up by bringing on Andreu then Morias... or maybe Morias followed by Andreu. If McAlister wasn't fit to play a 2nd 45 minutes in 4 days he shouldn't be on the bench... Cody Cooke fit and available, Danny Mullen fit and available.

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

His subs are unfathomable, beyond bizarre. Wallace and McGrath should have been off as we were creating nothing. We needed a midfield spark, can only assume McAllister wasn't fit again. Andreu offers nothing . Scrap well and truly on but we are still in the driving seat.

I thought Wallace had a decent game and looks like he will be a good addition. And for all the Waters haters, he ran him close for mom. Hate singling out players but can't fathom why mcgrath survived the full 90 mins. Offered absolutely nothing.

39 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Opportunity missed tonight, ahead of playing Celtic away and some other tough pre-split games it would have been good to make up another 2 points on Ross County and maintain the lead we had over Hamilton and Ross County.

I do think Goodwin's substitutions are costing us. Did no one tell Goodwin the other scores tonight?

But we didn't lose........................:wink:

Ach, we were, overall, the better team tonight.

They looked pretty good against Rangers yet really didn't trouble us at all.

Another opportunity lost, 10 men and at home and we drop another 2 points. 

Fingers crossed Celtic are having a Rangers type dip in form. 

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

I thought we were unlucky tonight, one of our chances could easily have went in, we were definitely the better team. How shite are rangers that they lose to Hamilton? no-one expected that. We must look to the Celtic game and do our best, forget the Hearts game meanwhile.

Aye, Rangers who we gifted the points as we were quite happy losing by a narrow margin. 

The better team again, but unfortunately that counts for nothing as our lack of cutting edge is depriving us of much needed wins. Our midfield as an attacking threat is really tame at times. 

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

6 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

I thought Wallace had a decent game and looks like he will be a good addition. And for all the Waters haters, he ran him close for mom. Hate singling out players but can't fathom why mcgrath survived the full 90 mins. Offered absolutely nothing.

I agree. Thought Wallace had a good game. Most significantly our set piece deliveries which were utterly dreadful against Aberdeen, were considerably better tonight when he was taking them. Sent n some great corners and free kicks. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Aye, Rangers who we gifted the points as we were quite happy losing by a narrow margin. 

Rangers managed 31 shots on goal to Hamilton's 9. It's baffling that they lost especially when you consider they have the 50 million pound man Morelos 😝

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Rangers managed 31 shots on goal to Hamilton's 9. It's baffling that they lost especially when you consider they have the 50 million pound man Morelos 😝

Rangers had 17 shots, 5 on target, against us, we had 1, ZERO on target, can you see the difference? 

It's quite good to laugh at Morelos, he's only scored 20 goals and been injured/suspended. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree. Thought Wallace had a good game. Most significantly our set piece deliveries which were utterly dreadful against Aberdeen, were considerably better tonight when he was taking them. Sent n some great corners and free kicks. 

He rarely put a bad ball in tnite, although according to some, he was poor. f**k knows what they were watching. 

39 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Absolutely shite. Wonder what drugs Goody is on. f**king Andreu and Morias. What a f**king joke. Apart from Wallace Foley and Hladky the rest get 0 out of 10. Oblka back to what he was like V Hibs. Cant win your home games theres only one way your going and that's down. A lot of them will be looking for new jobs. We play Hearts next week play like that and we will lose.

If Foley doesn't get zero out of 10 tonight, it must be because he was on minus 1 or minus 2.

One of my favourite Saints players but he was absolutely rotten tonight.

Why on earth does Goodwin persist with putting Tony f**king Andreu on after an hour.

Literally NO-ONE in the stadium looks at Andreu and thinks 'oh, you're in trouble, here comes Tony to save the day'.

Guy is an empty shirt and the fact that we take an attacking threat off and put on a guy who to be honest, I have no idea what role he's meant to be playing, just baffles me.

Goodwin has made a lot of silly tactical decisions and has cut a lot of slack for it given who he is. This period of grace is coming to a noticable end though.

We give the ball away cheaply too often, we lack quality up front. Pedestrian play allows opposition to get back in numbers. Too many errors when in good positions, bizarre substitutions and more concerned with not losing. Apart from that a good point won. Unfortunately hearts and Hamilton are doing what we fail to do so often and dig out crucial victories. This season is going to a close call attempting to avoid bottom two places. On the plus side possibly have chance to overtake Ross county next week and possibly some distance from bottom two but the number of goals we score tells its own story

Guest TPAFKATS
If Foley doesn't get zero out of 10 tonight, it must be because he was on minus 1 or minus 2.
One of my favourite Saints players but he was absolutely rotten tonight.

I think he was trying to do too much. Missing Cammy or one of the injured midfielders being alongside him.

Guest TPAFKATS
He rarely put a bad ball in tnite, although according to some, he was poor. f**k knows what they were watching. 
He put plenty of shite balls into the box tonight, some barely made it in. He did also put a couple of decent crosses in too.