Saint Mirren v St Johnstone March 2020

St.Ricky

I kinda get what you mean with Wallace, neat and tidy but we needed spark, drive and energy at that stage. Waters good again, been saying that for weeks. Anyone see the 2 total roasters giving Goodwin pelters at the front of the West when he came over at FT. Goody just stared them out but they were going Tonto !

I thought Wallace had a decent game and looks like he will be a good addition. And for all the Waters haters, he ran him close for mom. Hate singling out players but can't fathom why mcgrath survived the full 90 mins. Offered absolutely nothing.

It’s going to be between us and Ross County for bottom and second bottom. Unless we can pull off some big results before the split. I thought Chabbi looked good in the air tonight, nearly scored with his first touch of the ball. Disappointed with Hodson, he looks very indecisive at times going forward. Has Gerrard been sacked yet ? 

Guest TPAFKATS
But we didn't lose........................:wink:
Ach, we were, overall, the better team tonight.
They looked pretty good against Rangers yet really didn't trouble us at all.
Another opportunity lost, 10 men and at home and we drop another 2 points. 
Fingers crossed Celtic are having a Rangers type dip in form. 
10 men for only 15 minutes, though we shouldve had enough against 11 as they are f**king awful.

24 minutes ago, munoz said:

The better team again, but unfortunately that counts for nothing as our lack of cutting edge is depriving us of much needed wins. Our midfield as an attacking threat is really tame at times. 

Correct about our midfield and I can't argue on the lack of cutting edge but, small margins. We hit the post twice, their keeper had a superb save. And.. Importantly, we didn't lose and closed the gap on Ross County on whom we still have a game in hand and a vastly superior goal difference. 

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It’s going to be between us and Ross County for bottom and second bottom. Unless we can pull off some big results before the split. I thought Chabbi looked good in the air tonight, nearly scored with his first touch of the ball. Disappointed with Hodson, he looks very indecisive at times going forward. Has Gerrard been sacked yet ? 

I’m not a big fan of Hodson at all, but credit where credit’s due, he saved us at the back post a couple of times tonight. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
24 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:
He rarely put a bad ball in tnite, although according to some, he was poor. f**k knows what they were watching. 

He put plenty of shite balls into the box tonight, some barely made it in. He did also put a couple of decent crosses in too.

I don’t know if “plenty” is a fair description, but no one is suggesting he’s going to get it right all the time. He’s not Pirlo.

The point I was trying to make about our set piece deliveries is that generally good (which Wallace’s were tonight) is better than consistently shite (which everyone else’s were on Saturday). 

Poor, pedestrian and predictable.

Fakes could tell exactly how we were going to play and knew how to counter it.

No urgency until the last ten minutes.

Unacceptable.

That first substitution in particular was bizarre.
è
Jakubiak was the only forward looking capable of scoring and aszrputting some effort in.

To replace him with our hide and seek champion was criminal.

That left us with a lone striker upwho had hardly touched the ball before then!

Not good enough.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t know if “plenty” is a fair description, but no one is suggesting he’s going to get it right all the time. He’s not Pirlo.

The point I was trying to make about our set piece deliveries is that generally good (which Wallace’s were tonight) is better than consistently shite (which everyone else’s were on Saturday). 

A case of marginal improvement. 

46 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

The Rangers managed 31 shots on goal to Hamilton's 9. It's baffling that they lost especially when you consider they have the 50 million pound man Morelos 😝

31 shots is great going for a new club.  Cut The Rangers some slack.  They had a hard match at the weekend.

There was too much looking on the bright side by Buddies before this match.  A point is still an improvement- can’t ever rely on other clubs.

you all mock Hearts fans for doing that- relying on St Mirren - when they couldnae manage a draw to win the league, a few years ago.

tonight’s was a worthwhile, useful point.

Guest TPAFKATS
McGrath again, must be superb in training but did nothing all night, again. How we can make three subs and he stays on is baffling. Very disappointing tonight.
I thought that on Saturday, he was better tonight though

Yeah not doing a lot to be fair but no doubt like many he will be playing out of position. Morias too isn’t a right mid . We were told to expect a reaction..... wow was that it ? We’ll lose to Celtic and hearts and could be bottom by next Wednesday. I think we will get a draw at county and not much else before split 

4 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

It's funny how things work out. Had we drawn with Motherwell then beaten St Johnstone, the team would have been cheered off the park after a crucial week that kept us ahead of Hamilton and Hearts.

Switch the results and we're doomed.

Aye, don't mention Hearts and Hamilton closed the gap.

A great result against Motherwell, a poor performance and result last night takes the shine off it. 

Getting 3 points unexpectedly then not beating St Johnstone, who were there for the beating and down to 10 for part of the game is disappointing any way you like to tart it up. 

29 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

It's funny how things work out. Had we drawn with Motherwell then beaten St Johnstone, the team would have been cheered off the park after a crucial week that kept us ahead of Hamilton and Hearts.

Switch the results and we're doomed.

Correct. We also got closer to Ross County. Well done to Hearts and Hamilton. No complaints there but we are still above them as things stand and have a game in hand on two of the three teams mentioned and a much better goal difference. We took 1 rather than three points by the width of a post (twice). Let's keep some perspective. 

Edited by St.Ricky

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, don't mention Hearts and Hamilton closed the gap.

A great result against Motherwell, a poor performance and result last night takes the shine off it. 

Getting 3 points unexpectedly then not beating St Johnstone, who were there for the beating and down to 10 for part of the game is disappointing any way you like to tart it up. 

On the upside, I think the last time Hamilton won at Ibrox they were relegated the same season by a handsome margin.