Saint Mirren v St Johnstone March 2020

St.Ricky

15 hours ago, paul torfason said:

The bit a don't understand is clearly Goodwin isn't going to play mullan again: so it's a total waste having him on bench,get a youngster on bench who young and hungry,co andrue and junior terrible and McAllister injured again so absolutely no options on bench,and guaranteed McKenzie will turn up before split just when his contract needs renewed 

Though Mullen is clearly down the pecking order, he may still get game time - especially with Andreu and Morias offering so little.

MacKenzie may be fit for the split, but no way will his contract be renewed or our management and BOD are insane...

McAllister can be a game changer, so he needs to be protected with games at weekends and midweek it is time to rotate the squad and get more players match fit for the run in - with him it is a take as little a risk as possible... he may keep us up..

I just don't think Goodwin knows what he wants on a matchday, during the transfer window he stated he was happy with his 4 strikers.

That interview coincided with Obika's shocker of a first half v Broxburn and the sitter v Aberdeen suddenly we then sign another 2 strikers maybe this contributed to Obika suddenly looking good.

If Mullen or Cooke had been given the same game time as Andreu or Morias imo they would have contributed more than they have but every week they sit on the bench for no reason whatsoever.

As it is both will leave in summer without us really knowing if they could have been good for us especially this season.

I look at the Danny Mullen of last season his 3 goals in last 6 games v Livingston, St Johnstone and Dundee United how we could do with that now.

Looks to me like the manager is utilising his squad as he needs them all match fit for the run in and also does not want any players burning out with weekend and midweek games coming thick and fast. I suspect that MacPherson was rested for that reason and even if McAllister was on the bench for cover reasons, that is fine by me (i.e. could come on but better to rest him)
However, like many on here I totally agree that Andreu is a luxury we don't need or benefit from very often. Morias tried hard but only occasionally has a decent game.  Cooke and Mullen can offer a bit but not a whole lot either, except occasionally too.
So really hoping Chabbi gets up to speed and starts scoring... we need goals much more often in the run in...

16 hours ago, Ronnie said:

1. I just don't think Goodwin knows what he wants on a matchday, during the transfer window he stated he was happy with his 4 strikers.

That interview coincided with Obika's shocker of a first half v Broxburn and the sitter v Aberdeen suddenly we then sign another 2 strikers maybe this contributed to Obika suddenly looking good.

2. If Mullen or Cooke had been given the same game time as Andreu or Morias imo they would have contributed more than they have but every week they sit on the bench for no reason whatsoever.

As it is both will leave in summer without us really knowing if they could have been good for us especially this season.

3. I look at the Danny Mullen of last season his 3 goals in last 6 games v Livingston, St Johnstone and Dundee United how we could do with that now.

1. Goodwin says things he does not mean (shocker) He plays things down to support the players he has, but when he thinks better are available and funds are there, then of course he signs them if he can.  The total goals scored for us from these 4 strikers at that point was not that great, so you can understand getting others in.

2. You justify this by saying "imo" which is fair enough, but its not possible to prove this as they did not get the opportunity. Like you though I would bring on Mullen or Cooke before Andreu and at least sometimes in stead of Morias. The later two I would try to offload in the summer (Andreu's contract is up then anyway I believe TF)

3. DM did score important goals, just like Obika has this season to win us vital points - I hope JG is not too pig headed not to give him a chance to do it again before the season is over - the guy would literally be playing for a contract elsewhere and keen to score and impress...

We need to beat Hearts in at least 1 of the 2 games we have still to play them and minimum 4 points against RC.