Jim Goodwin Is Like Jack Ross

shull

100% agree. Winning this cup is far better than staying in the league.

Really? Make more money in the top league, making more money gets us better players. Top league better crowds better atmosphere. Staying up more important IMO Winning a cup is a bonus & something to brag about.

8 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Really? Make more money in the top league, making more money gets us better players. Top league better crowds better atmosphere. Staying up more important IMO Winning a cup is a bonus & something to brag about.

I don't think you can trivialise a major cup win in that way. Given our history you could make a case for staying in the top league as a bonus. Both are important. It's plain, however, that without the latter we would be much less likely to achieve the former.

15 minutes ago, ged62 said:

A bonus to what  ?

49 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Making more money for who exactly? Not more money for my pocket so I don't care.

I've been following St Mirren for over 25 years. The 3 best years for crowds and atmosphere were all title wins in the 1st division/Championship

Where did JG say the Scottish Cup isn't important?  he's absolutely correct saying it's irrelevant when asked just

before a big league game, the cup had nothing to do with last nights game,...

Every manager from smaller clubs says the leagues there bread and butter while cup runs are just a bonus, it 

doesn't mean he wont have his team giving it 100% on Saturday because he will, and we'll pump the Dons..