Me Too - I'm part of the B&W Army

No it's not about Harvey Weinstein type behaviour. The Me Too I'm talking about is the Me Too for Fans in favour of Attending Live Football and supporting their team both financially but just as importantly through their noisy involvement in the ground as the B & White Army in the ground. As East eloquently explained, this is an emotional as much as a financial involvement which can only be experienced by those who do attend. 

Of course those who live in places outside Scotland will find it more difficult to attend regularly. Of course some people's finances might mean they have to pick and choose. Of course some might have work commitments. But for the stay away watch it on the TV brigade who sit alone in front of a screen, come along, risk your financial and emotional involvement and say. Me Too.. I'll be there. 

For those who can't, sorry bud. 

For those won't... You are missing out. 

Ricky being a supporter is far more than going to games..... I mean who chooses to be a Saints fan. Its Real V Man City tonight , I will watch but not have any great thoughts in who I want to win, just be entertained. I haven't been entertained at Saints since we beat Ayr 6-2, because its a life choice.

Saints have a fantastic away support, a solid home support and def 1000-1500 have gone our gate since the dark days 4 years,  5 years,15 years and 30 years, ago...………...

Anyway who posts on here, bar the obvious Sevco WUMs , is daft, i mean you don't just support Saints, you go through an experience, where winning a game is a great big rollercoaster.

We have won 6 League games this season- 1-0, 1-0,2-0, 2-1,2-1, 1-0, so nothing is for granted with Saints, we normally win at top level between 9 and 11 times out of 38 games, so that's a lot to support. I go about 15 times a season, but I live and support the team in every game.

So mate bollocks to this thread, some of us work hard, or live far away, or do work,life, Saints balance...……….. 35000 v Utd in 87, 17000 v Hearts in 2013, shows a hell of a lot of true supporters don't go to all , some , many of the games .

Doesn't mean those who can go the every game are better supporters...……. just means they can

No it's not about Harvey Weinstein type behaviour. The Me Too I'm talking about is the Me Too for Fans in favour of Attending Live Football and supporting their team both financially but just as importantly through their noisy involvement in the ground as the B & White Army in the ground. As East eloquently explained, this is an emotional as much as a financial involvement which can only be experienced by those who do attend. 
Of course those who live in places outside Scotland will find it more difficult to attend regularly. Of course some people's finances might mean they have to pick and choose. Of course some might have work commitments. But for the stay away watch it on the TV brigade who sit alone in front of a screen, come along, risk your financial and emotional involvement and say. Me Too.. I'll be there. 
For those who can't, sorry bud. 
For those won't... You are missing out. 
By going to away league games, you actively invest finances in the opposition, allowing them to strengthen in their battle against us!

That makes the stay away supporters better than you for St Mirren! [emoji23][emoji12]

28 minutes ago, shull said:

Why ? 

For a number of reasons, such as using the name of a campaign formed about the sexual harassment and assault to encourage people to go to games, and mentioning people’s finances. People make decisions to go to games based on a number of reasons, not just financial or emotional.

Who’s he to tell people to invest financially or emotionally?

Who appointed him the superfan spokesperson?

Above all, he just comes across as a pompous bellend in the post.

If you want to see the problem with using the phrase Me Too for something trivial like this, this try running this idea past your grand-daughter Ricky - the one about to start university.

I honestly don't know if this was an attempt at humour on your part but FFS man, have a word with yourself.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, aldo_j said:

For a number of reasons, such as using the name of a campaign formed about the sexual harassment and assault to encourage people to go to games, and mentioning people’s finances. People make decisions to go to games based on a number of reasons, not just financial or emotional.

I agree, to quote the forum fool. 😉

59 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ricky being a supporter is far more than going to games..... I mean who chooses to be a Saints fan. Its Real V Man City tonight , I will watch but not have any great thoughts in who I want to win, just be entertained. I haven't been entertained at Saints since we beat Ayr 6-2, because its a life choice.

Saints have a fantastic away support, a solid home support and def 1000-1500 have gone our gate since the dark days 4 years,  5 years,15 years and 30 years, ago...………...

Anyway who posts on here, bar the obvious Sevco WUMs , is daft, i mean you don't just support Saints, you go through an experience, where winning a game is a great big rollercoaster.

We have won 6 League games this season- 1-0, 1-0,2-0, 2-1,2-1, 1-0, so nothing is for granted with Saints, we normally win at top level between 9 and 11 times out of 38 games, so that's a lot to support. I go about 15 times a season, but I live and support the team in every game.

So mate bollocks to this thread, some of us work hard, or live far away, or do work,life, Saints balance...……….. 35000 v Utd in 87, 17000 v Hearts in 2013, shows a hell of a lot of true supporters don't go to all , some , many of the games .

Doesn't mean those who can go the every game are better supporters...……. just means they can

Already covered most of that DJ. I wouldn't consider one fan to be better than another. I also said that there are a number of reasons why fans can't go. This isn't about fans who can't go. This is about fans who choose not to go and in the process lose the benefit (doubtful tho it may be) of Attending Live games. As you say, the finals are a good example. Having said that in 1987 I ran a bus from Houston to the game. More than half of the people on the bus supported the OF but were happy to support the local team on the day. So... If you can't go.. Enjoy the limited pleasures of TV. If you can but perhaps have just fallen out of the habit.. Then why not give it a go and Join Goody's Black and White Army on Saturday night. No better night out in Paisley imo. 

41 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

That campaign don't own it. 

I could use it also. 

Yes, me too. 

The rest of your post doesn't concern me and not relevant to what I asked. 

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Already covered most of that DJ. I wouldn't consider one fan to be better than another. I also said that there are a number of reasons why fans can't go. This isn't about fans who can't go. This is about fans who choose not to go and in the process lose the benefit (doubtful tho it may be) of Attending Live games. As you say, the finals are a good example. Having said that in 1987 I ran a bus from Houston to the game. More than half of the people on the bus supported the OF but were happy to support the local team on the day. So... If you can't go.. Enjoy the limited pleasures of TV. If you can but perhaps have just fallen out of the habit.. Then why not give it a go and Join Goody's Black and White Army on Saturday night. No better night out in Paisley imo. 

Well I am going with the missus on Sat, but that's not the point. Your being presumptuous about attending live games... mid week travel is impossible for many, and weekends can have plans, but having your phone on score alert, staring at the game and waiting for the 94th minute showing to go end of play, hey there is a thrill in that....

Take a wider view mate- with only 3750 STHs holders you have to 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, not another "look at me I'm great, I go to games" thread.

For the love of.....the tooth fairy. 😴😴😴

I agree with your sentiment

For no reason whatsoever other than maybe boredom I shall relate your statement to myself

1)  Look at me - If you wish you can, whatever floats your perverted boat

2)  I'm great - Yeah I am very much so

3)  I go to games - Yes I do, I go to all home games and the very occasional away game.  I used to go home and away for many years but I am no longer able to and I may as well as when the michty Mirren are playing I sit at home nervously watching the score!

4)  For the love of the ......tooth fairy.  She doesnae exist if she did the cow would owe me a fortune.  Unexisting bitch!

Again your statement was not aimed at me and I had no reason to reply but alas it would seem you don't need a reason to start a bloody thread never mind reply to one!!!

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Well I am going with the missus on Sat, but that's not the point. Your being presumptuous about attending live games... mid week travel is impossible for many, and weekends can have plans, but having your phone on score alert, staring at the game and waiting for the 94th minute showing to go end of play, hey there is a thrill in that....

Take a wider view mate- with only 3750 STHs holders you have to 

Again DJ. I agree with and said the same thing in essence. Those who can't. More than fair enough. Those who could but don't? Well, they are clearly able to make their own choices. All I have done is say.. Why not make it a case of Me Too and be part of the live experience on Saturday.. 

40 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I agree with your sentiment

For no reason whatsoever other than maybe boredom I shall relate your statement to myself

1)  Look at me - If you wish you can, whatever floats your perverted boat

2)  I'm great - Yeah I am very much so

3)  I go to games - Yes I do, I go to all home games and the very occasional away game.  I used to go home and away for many years but I am no longer able to and I may as well as when the michty Mirren are playing I sit at home nervously watching the score!

4)  For the love of the ......tooth fairy.  She doesnae exist if she did the cow would owe me a fortune.  Unexisting bitch!

Again your statement was not aimed at me and I had no reason to reply but alas it would seem you don't need a reason to start a bloody thread never mind reply to one!!!

😍😍😍