Is The Forum Deid?

Lord Pityme

Just now, bazil85 said:

Lol 

You're that fecking thick you completely miss the context of my reply to the Village Idiot. Check out his posts today and for the last two years. Just look at his first post on this thread then feck off you boring cnut. 

No 10 pager 

Sorry

This thread is a great example of what has killed this forum.

No normal person wants to spend their precious time wading through this type of  nonsense on every thread and who can blame them.

A handful of posters have systematically destroyed it over the last few years.

Some might wonder if it was deliberate. If so, well done chaps. I think you've finally succeeded.

17 minutes ago, shull said:

Ha ha ha ha ha 

What an incredible post from a weirdo stalker. 

Now he is completed routed and humiliated. 

Cock 

Again, who are you talking to ?, looks like Betty you are full of air....

Should charge you £20 a shite post, you would have been bankrupt after one thread

48 minutes ago, shull said:

You're that fecking thick you completely miss the context of my reply to the Village Idiot. Check out his posts today and for the last two years. Just look at his first post on this thread then feck off you boring cnut. 

No 10 pager 

Sorry

“Shut up for once in yir fecking life.”

“The Forum Idiot”

“ye stalking weirdo.” 

“ye fecking thicko”

“Cock” 

“You're that fecking thick”

“Village Idiot

“boring cnut

Moans about abuse because someone used the word “prick” haha

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

“Shut up for once in yir fecking life.”

“The Forum Idiot”

“ye stalking weirdo.” 

“ye fecking thicko”

“Cock” 

“You're that fecking thick”

“Village Idiot

“boring cnut

Moans about abuse because someone used the word “prick” haha

I thought you had been struck down with turetts syndrome for a moment there Baz 

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This thread is a great example of what has killed this forum.

No normal person wants to spend their precious time wading through this type of  nonsense on every thread and who can blame them.

A handful of posters have systematically destroyed it over the last few years.

Some might wonder if it was deliberate. If so, well done chaps. I think you've finally succeeded.

Yup.

'Stop moaning and make the forum better', they'll say.

Anyone who does is met with exactly what we see on this thread.

Guest TPAFKATS
Yup.
'Stop moaning and make the forum better', they'll say.
Anyone who does is met with exactly what we see on this thread.
Agreed.
Although it's amazing how quick this thread can be read when the ignore function is utilised.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Agreed.
Although it's amazing how quick this thread can be read when the ignore function is utilised.

Yes but the problem with the ignore function is that the continuity of the thread is lost.

You can't follow the conversation when you are only seeing the odd post.

You also get other posters quoting those on ignore.

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes but the problem with the ignore function is that the continuity of the thread is lost.

Life does get complicated. 

But it is.... 

images.png

Edited by St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah, but you get the gist of it from what is quoted.

3 hours ago, Dickson said:

It's definitely dying a death. 

I've been around these online things for over 20 years. The old Saints Online guestbook was the Wild West. It was a bit like going into an over populated pub where everyone is already way too drunk and where all thought their point of view was the most important. Incredibly, perhaps because it was new, it worked really well and little real life social groups happened. 

Then we had SFO which put some structure into the whole thing. A mix of weird and wonderful characters, some superb arguments and meltdown moments. It was great fun until the platform it was on got heavily attacked with spam. The Official St Mirren forum was like a sanitised version of that. Organised, and it felt like when you posted on there you were actually posting to the people running the club - the webmaster even made a bit of a fool of himself claiming that he had been asked for the views of the online madmen before Tom Hendrie got sacked. Unfortunately it also became very cliquey and some of the moderation was done by absolute zealots who were a bit too trigger happy with the ban hammer and something that felt like a line of communication between the fans and the directors, players and management of the club got ruined. 

When Div set up Pie and Bovril and BAWA it just looked like an attempt to steal other peoples ideas, traffic and advertising revenue. The sites were definitely prettier and slicker but at it's heart it was still mostly copied or purchase scripts and web tools lumped together on a server. The characters moved over and initially the chat was good, entertaining and funny but bit by bit that has been moderated out and the balance has become f**ked these days. Guys who could argue to death, but in a way that was generally enjoyable and readable - like St Sid and Captain Sensisble, were chased off the site, and replaced by the likes of Baz, Slartibartfast and Cockles who like to post their abuse and threats with impunity but who absolutely cannot take it back and who go running to Div or to the moderators when it happens. 

There is a reason why still some of the most popular and unpopular posters on P&B still include names and aliases that haven't visited that forum for 9, 10, 11 years. The success of these online communities was built on the back of those characters and yet Div and his moderators have chased them away to play to a more dull and more easily offended clientele. Sadly along with the chasing of those characters who made good salient arguments, also went the directors, players and management of the club - even SMISA switched off - and these days you are left wondering what the point of it all is. 

Facebook to me is a return back to the days of the Saints Online Guestbook. You're back in a busy pub where everyone is shouting at each other. There's bigger numbers and more people who think they need to be heard and there's definitely a problem trying to keep up. Sadly Bazil operates on those pages too. 

It's sad really. St Mirren's online community used to be quite a vibrant place to be. Murdered by those who became it's custodians. 

Jeezo Stuart, you have WAY too much time on your hands.

Without pouring over every bit I'll give my view on a couple of points.

The "everything was better back in the day" idea is simply that, a myth that lots of people fall back on.

I also don't agree Div and the moderators have chased anyone away.

People drift away for many reasons, life changes and they don't see the need to spend time on here.

That combined with other platforms, well, that, IMO, is a major reason the forum is used by less people. 

I do think the forum has been allowed to deteriorate due to the LACK of moderation.

There is next to nothing, other moderators have gone, why is anybody's guess.

Leaving Div who, IMO, has lost interest and effort over the last few years and we're left with the forum that's a mess.

Threads duplicated, started in the wrong sections, match day threads started weeks before the game for no real reason, no action on members who are just posting for the sake of it and a threads allowed to go on and on with only long running personal issues keeping them "alive" and totally pissing of other members.

The "ignore" function is a lazy option offered, as has already been mentioned.

The Sin Bin is a joke, no real reason given and no consistency and the amount of obvious aliases could easily be nipped in the bud.

Long overdue that their needs to be new people in charge, people who have the the inclination to look after the forum.

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

What I find funny is that baby cuddler is accusing others of running to the mods because they are too easily offended when he was the very one to do that very thing when given that nickname. You gotta laugh. emoji38.png

Edit: I only know what he said because you quoted him. I've taken the "lazy option" with him too.

There's different levels of offence, that's the difficult bit for any moderator.

Plenty on here, myself included, have overstepped the line at times.

When you get constant baiting by others it's difficult to say who the culprit is.

Is the instigator or the person who responds?

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Long overdue that their needs to be new people in charge, people who have the the inclination to look after the forum.

Correct.

Unfortunately, I think a select few on here would make the job of moderating the forum more hassle that it's worth.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of confrontation and debate (you know you and I have had more than a few down the years, but never resorted to abuse) but some of the nonsense from folk who then claim to hate abusers and bullies is brilliant irony.

The thing is, removal from the forum of 2 or 3 folk tops would see most of the shite stop. It's usually instigated in the same way, and then everyone just seems to pile in.

Edited by djchapsticks

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Correct.

Unfortunately, I think a select few on here would make the job of moderating the forum more hassle that it's worth.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of confrontation and debate (you know you and I have had more than a few down the years, but never resorted to abuse) but some of the nonsense from folk who then claim to hate abusers and bullies is brilliant irony.

The thing is, removal from the forum of 2 or 3 folk tops would see most of the shite stop. It's usually instigated in the same way, and then everyone just seems to pile in.

Exactly.

PS You're still a fud. :wink: