A club constitution?

I was over on the twitters a few moments ago and I saw a poll by Cairters corner regarding a club constitution.  What a good topic of conversation I thought so popped on here I did and start this very thread so I did.

Anyway with Smisa poised to grasp control of our wonderful club, would you like to see a club constitution?  What should be in it?

Cairters poll was ragarding our strip and I shall steal his suggestion

1)  The Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co shall always play in black and white vertical stripes (maybe a splash of red)

I would also add

2)  This club stadium shall always be in Paisley, Paisley is our home and shall always be.

What else would you like to see in it?  Consider this an opportunity for discussion at least until the rampant name calling descends.

*regarding (what am I like eh, put me in a home they should)

Edited by TediousTom

18 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

The club will always look to maximise game day profits but not to the detriment of St.Mirren Fans i.e. 1 stand for away support

The 2 stands, though leaving a sour taste, is not to detriment of the fans though. 

The fans displaced know about it before they purchase a Season Ticket. We don't fill the ground to capacity regularly and if we did, then we'd be into detrimental territory. 

What I would say though, as I don't want dragged into another Old Firm tit for tat is that fans displaced should be offered alternative tickets at the rate on the season ticket as a fair compromise. 

So for example, if the adult family stand season ticket is £45 cheaper, than a West stand ticket, anyone with a ST for the South stand should be offered chance of purchasing any of the 3 home games vs the arse cheeks for £15 a ticket. That way, no-one is displaced or our of pocket. 

52 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

The club will always look to maximise game day profits but not to the detriment of St.Mirren Fans i.e. 1 stand for away support

Aberdeen have 1 stand for Saturday's game and we currently have 3k unsold tickets. That doesn't make for good business. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Quite right!
What have the club done about selling more tickets to home/neutral/lapsed fans?
Any big push or incentive?

Plenty. 

They have put their big fecking greedy hand out and said... 

TWENTY POUNDS PLEASE THEN WE WILL LET YOU IN.

Alternatively, it can viewed for free on the BBC. 

Club Constitution 

No Celtic and Sevco vermin permitted into our Family Friendly Stadium. 

Scum out permanently. 

Not needed and not wanted. 

Even better, refuse to play these vile Clubs. 

And hope the other 39 Diddy Clubs change their Constitution to suit.

FECKEM  

27 minutes ago, shull said:

Plenty. 

They have put their big fecking greedy hand out and said... 

TWENTY POUNDS PLEASE THEN WE WILL LET YOU IN.

Alternatively, it can viewed for free on the BBC. 

Prices frozen on last round and last season’s cost (last home match)

Tickets cheaper than all league games

Children can attend for only £5

We are the cheapest adult priced Scottish Cup ticket this weekend and cheaper for almost all other ticket options across the board. Some fans having unrealistic expectations regarding us operating as a business is irrelevant in this being a very reasonably priced fixture. 

Edited by bazil85

This is an excellent idea Tom. It would keep the club to it’s core beliefs and values whoever is in charge.

One of your suggestions reminds me of when the Malaysian owners at Cardiff decided to change the club’s colours to red from blue. They played Hull at a similar time where their owners were suggesting the Hull Tigers name change, and in support of each other, Hull fans sang “you’ll always be blue” and Cardiff fans sang “you’ll always be Hull City” or something along those lines.

With that in mind, I’d suggest “The Club Name will always be St Mirren Football Club, and this cannot be changed”

It’s a very good thread though and a great idea, if someone forwarded this idea to SMISA then that would be brilliant.

Well played Tom, well played indeed.