A club constitution?

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

This is an excellent idea Tom. It would keep the club to it’s core beliefs and values whoever is in charge.

One of your suggestions reminds me of when the Malaysian owners at Cardiff decided to change the club’s colours to red from blue. They played Hull at a similar time where their owners were suggesting the Hull Tigers name change, and in support of each other, Hull fans sang “you’ll always be blue” and Cardiff fans sang “you’ll always be Hull City” or something along those lines.

With that in mind, I’d suggest “The Club Name will always be St Mirren Football Club, and this cannot be changed”

It’s a very good thread though and a great idea, if someone forwarded this idea to SMISA then that would be brilliant.

Well played Tom, well played indeed.

It was a good thread but as usual it is being ruined by the usual suspect. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It was a good thread but as usual it is being ruined by the usual suspect. 

You just made an irrelevant post above as did I. 

Stay on topic please. 

I will try and do the same. 

Some decent ideas, predictably some people have used this as a way to express decisions they don't like about the club more than what should be in a constitution. Personally I would include from the suggestions

- Always home in Paisley

- Always be known as St Mirren Football Club

- Home strip black and white 

- Always aim to balance the books (something about never taking financial decisions to jeopardise the club) 

- Focus on youth development or committed to development of young players  

I would also like something about 

- Serving the Renfrewshire community 

- Ethically and commercially striving to progress the quality of the product on the park

- Aim to be innovative leads of Scottish football. 

51 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Some decent ideas, predictably some people have used this as a way to express decisions they don't like about the club more than what should be in a constitution. Personally I would include from the suggestions

- Always home in Paisley

- Always be known as St Mirren Football Club

- Home strip black and white 

- Always aim to balance the books (something about never taking financial decisions to jeopardise the club) 

- Focus on youth development or committed to development of young players  

I would also like something about 

- Serving the Renfrewshire community 

- Ethically and commercially striving to progress the quality of the product on the park

- Aim to be innovative leads of Scottish football. 

Will openly combat any form of racism or bigotry.

5 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

If all supporters of all non Old Firm clubs boycott every game with the demand that they start a new league without the Old Firm, then it will happen.

It’s entirely in the hands of supported to do this

If supporters won’t do it then they can’t complain about the Old Firm

I think the problem with this is the unrealistic nature that all fans will get behind the idea. It may work if it actually happened but it’s never going to (not anytime soon anyway) as such fans have every right to complain about these teams.

It’s a bit like saying we could end capitalism if everyone in the world rallied behind it, also true but it won’t happen.  

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

The first round of all major competitions should be included in the Season Tickets as a free incentive.

Thinking before posting seems quite a way out of your comfort zone Pricky.

Lol. 

Perhaps so but I like your idea. 

Not sure that should be in the constitution though. 

3 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

If all supporters of all non Old Firm clubs boycott every game with the demand that they start a new league without the Old Firm, then it will happen.

It’s entirely in the hands of supported to do this

If supporters won’t do it then they can’t complain about the Old Firm

What has this to do with the constitution? If it is then are you suggesting that the company redraw its memorandum and articles of association to contain a section which states that the club will not engage in matches with clubs where the supporters of these clubs are considered by the board to be sectarian or politically orientated. 

Would that be ‘apart from the family stand?’

We should set the trend ( with exception of 2 clubs ) to start mixing fans home & away in our family stand making the visiting families involved as well.

Face painting for the kids : colours for us & visiting clubs kids get the away fans ( in our new mixed family stand ) involved in half time entertainment etc etc

4 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

We should set the trend ( with exception of 2 clubs ) to start mixing fans home & away in our family stand making the visiting families involved as well.

Face painting for the kids : colours for us & visiting clubs kids get the away fans ( in our new mixed family stand ) involved in half time entertainment etc etc

Great idea. You can do some of the face painting. 

16 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Would that be ‘apart from the family stand?’

Maybe the family stand would be the ideal location for it for all league games?

As for the further suggestion of it being for families of all teams, I think it is an idea worth exploring, I’m not totally convinced it would work, but I’d be in favour of trialling it. 

26 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

There should be a designated family area for all games. 

You would have thought that this would have been a given but apparently not. 

The whole Stadium is a  Family Area except when the sectarian scum visit