Goalscorer charged for assaulting police

Guest TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS
There's a video going about , taken from a decent angle , so you can have a good look. The player definitely turns and scoops the cop. Be interesting to see the outcome !
This one?

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

This one?

What was the cop even doing trying to get involved there in the first place? There was nothing being done in terms of a crime.....guy scores goal, leaves field of play. A bookable offence, not a criminal one.

Any resulting fracas was purely of this police officer's doing. 

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What was the cop even doing trying to get involved there in the first place? There was nothing being done in terms of a crime.....guy scores goal, leaves field of play. A bookable offence, not a criminal one.

Hopefully it was the Celtic loving ex ref Eddie Smith who got clattered  :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

This one?

No. The one I saw is taken from the other side of the pitch at the corner flag , the whole incident , involving several players,  can be seen. Looks like one cop trying to prevent the goalscorer from joining the fans , and the other guy hits the cop. 

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Seen this type of thing before at Parkhead. Forget which of the German sides it was, but there was a totally avoidable fracas when they went to to their fans at the end of the game, which apparently they always did. Not allowed to at Parkhead seemingly.

9 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

The players are told not to approach the fans because it has the chance of supporters being injured.

I believe the criminal action is covered in Section 38, that he acted in a manner that his reckless behaviour could cause fear or alarm.

Meanwhile in a parallel pragmatic universe, they celebrate in front of the fans, then turn and head back to restart the game with no incident having occurred.

Guest TPAFKATS
Meanwhile in a parallel pragmatic universe, they celebrate in front of the fans, then turn and head back to restart the game with no incident having occurred.
Meanwhile the rest of Scottish football shrugs at news of heavy handed policing and stewarding at celtic park.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

The players are told not to approach the fans because it has the chance of supporters being injured.

I believe the criminal action is covered in Section 38, that he acted in a manner that his reckless behaviour could cause fear or alarm.

If that is true then it's ridiculous and he won't end in court IMO.

The guy had scored the winning goal in a major tournament. You keep out of the way of them when they celebrate and in 20 seconds it's all over and the game resumes.

Piling in to try and stop them? The officer deserves everything he got there unless there has been a bit of footage I've not seen which shows a deliberate pre-meditated attack.

Guest TPAFKATS

Let me try and get this correct, are you trying to say that if someone has had an instruction not approach a crowd of folk because they may cause a disturbance that could cause folk getting injured, it means I can then physical push a police officer without fear of further punishment. [emoji54]
You are being rather obtuse.
Worse than that you are getting me to agree with oaksoft. Thank f**k its Friday [emoji482]

Guest TPAFKATS
If that is true then it's ridiculous and he won't end in court IMO.
The guy had scored the winning goal in a major tournament. You keep out of the way of them when they celebrate and in 20 seconds it's all over and the game resumes.
Piling in to try and stop them? The officer deserves everything he got there unless there has been a bit of footage I've not seen which shows a deliberate pre-meditated attack.
No need for him to do anything. There's loads of stewards, including Copenhagen stewards.
Spur of the moment rash act after his team concede a goal that pumps them out of Europe?

26 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Let me try and get this correct, are you trying to say that if someone has had an instruction not approach a crowd of folk because they may cause a disturbance that could cause folk getting injured, it means I can then physical push a police officer without fear of further punishment. emoji54.png

Your post makes no sense.

28 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

What part doesn't make sense to you?

Would it be easier if I was to have written a pal of his instead of I.

I'll make it even easier, you assualt a police officer you'll get done no matter who you are.

In the first part you talked about some general person being told not to do some general thing.

In the second part you personalised it to the consequences of you personally doing something specific.

That made no sense whatsoever

33 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

What part doesn't make sense to you?

Would it be easier if I was to have written a pal of his instead of I.

I'll make it even easier, you assualt a police officer you'll get done no matter who you are.

Now that you phrase it that way, I agree.

What we need to discover though is whether what happened amounted to assault or just a stupid twat in a police uniform deliberately running into a pack of charging, celebrating bison and then crying about how he got pushed over and trampled underfoot. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

21 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
Your post makes no sense.

Haw'd the bus, the BotP i referenced was against the goalscorer not the player who allegedly assaulted the Police Inspector.

So are you saying that the goalscorer who did NOT assault the police officer is being charged with assaulting the police officer, but the player who DID assault the police officer is not being charged with assaulting the police officer?

We're verging into Charlie Chaplin territory here are we not? :D

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

No my reference of BotP was to DJ. If you had bothered to read that you'd have understood who where and when the rest. Sorry for your inadequacy to read, I'm now heading out. Ciao papa emoji14.png

Then why post it in response to one of my posts? You can see why I might be confused by that.

You're not having your finest day are you?🤣