Aliases on The Forum

This seems to crop up in a number of topics. Time perhaps for it to be a topic on its own. Quite why someone would bother to have one defeats me. Its clear however that both Shull and Faraway Saint have these. Maybe they can explain the advantages other than the dubious "benefit" of adding to their "likes". 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

This seems to crop up in a number of topics. Time perhaps for it to be a topic on its own. Quite why someone would bother to have one defeats me. Its clear however that both Shull and Faraway Saint have these. Maybe they can explain the advantages other than the dubious "benefit" of adding to their "likes". 

Since joining the forum I have been accused of being an alias, which, to me, seems a wee bit bizarre. I would love to know the benefit of having an alias, too.

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Name any aliases myself and Smokie have posted with in the last few months. 

No fecking about. 

Just tell us now. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Name any aliases myself and Smokie have posted with in the last few months. 

No fecking about. 

Just tell us now. 

Read your first sentence. You clearly support my point that both yourself and Faraway use / have used Aliases. The question is... Why? Do tell. 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

See above. Thanks again for confirmation. The question remains. Why would anyone use an Alias. So why? 

Have you not worked it out.? 

Because I was in the SinBin .

I have not been in Bin for a while so I have not been using an alias for months. Neither has Smokie. So it has not been a problem for months. So why have you started a Thread now when nobody has been using aliases for months ? 

42 minutes ago, shull said:

I have not been in Bin for a while so I have not been using an alias for months. Neither has Smokie. So it has not been a problem for months. So why have you started a Thread now when nobody has been using aliases for months ? 

Well, Shull, if you read what I wrote at the start of the thread you would know why. Thanks again for confirming that both yourself and Faraway are using or have recently used an Alias. The question was why. In your case you wanted to circumvent the rules. 

Edited by St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, Meiksyboy said:

Shull has so much time on his hands to come up with aliases, because he’s only a part time supporter

I could produce an alias while at my seat in the Stadium. Only takes a minute. 

Not this Season though. 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well, Shull, if you read what I wrote at the start of the thread you would know why. Thanks again for confirming that both yourself and Faraway are using or have recently used an Alias. The question was why. In your case you wanted to circumvent the rules. 

Hardly a reason for a Thread now since we haven't used them for months. 

Start a Thread about all your houses. It would interest most of us. 

Somebody else's head would explode with jealousy and rage. 

Go for it, describe all your abodes. 

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Hardly a reason for a Thread now since we haven't used them for months. 

Start a Thread about all your houses. It would interest most of us. 

Somebody else's head would explode with jealousy and rage. 

Go for it, describe all your abodes. 

Lol. I like your sense of humour Schull. I wouldn't like to further enrage the man. In any case, I only have one now. A modest place in the Centre of Stirling. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

That's a good reason to be fair.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If only there was some moderation it would be deleted with the fool who started it. 

As I don't use any other Alias but you do, I Think you protest too much. You also keep bleating about mods and run to them whenever challenged. Fool is more apposite for you than myself.  Why, might I ask, is it inappropriate to open a discussion on multiple aliases on the forum.. Answers please. Oh and why do you use them! 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

Alias ? 

what is this alias thing ?

KT. 

Assuming this is a serious question. We all use an Alias on here. Some however have a history of using more than one, giving themselves in effect two identities on the forum. 

My question applies particularly to Shull.. In fairness Shull admits he has.... And Faraway... Who so far hasn't but has been confirmed by others. 

Why is the question. 

3 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

Go away ya silly Auld fool . 

Cannae be bothered with you anymore 

boring and stoopit are not good traits 

Ah well. Thank you for that. 

Boring and stupid you may be but far from me to suggest it