Home Game v Rangers moved to Sunday

Game scheduled for Saturday 21st March has been moved to 12 noon on Sunday 22nd.

Unless I'm missing something, that means...

between the start of October 2019 and the split in mid April 2020, we will have had the grand total of three home league games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday!

19th October 2019 St Johnstone.

23rd November Ross County.

14th December 2019 Livingston.

That's it!

What is the point in buying a season ticket any more?

Three games in six months!

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Game scheduled for Saturday 21st March has been moved to 12 noon on Sunday 22nd.

between the start of October 2019 and the split in mid April 2020, we will have had the grand total of three home league games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday!

That's it!

Aye, you're missing summat. 

That you can use a Season Ticket any day or night of the week. :byebye

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's it!

BEK

You make a good point. 

20 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's it!

I agree that we have played very few games with the traditional kickoff time of Saturday, 3 pm. However, as Shull has cheekily pointed out, I don't understand why that would prevent you from using your season ticket.

Personally I have never bought a season ticket as like you I don't live in Paisley and can't make every game, however I have been to so many games this season I think it would have worked out cheaper, plus I like the idea of having my seat. Do you get a reserved sticker on it? Can you pay by instalments?

26 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's it!

Yipee, another game for me. :thumbs2

If it had been the Saturday it would have been that shite St MIrren TV. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

I agree that we have played very few games with the traditional kickoff time of Saturday, 3 pm. However, as Shull has cheekily pointed out, I don't understand why that would prevent you from using your season ticket.

Personally I have never bought a season ticket as like you I don't live in Paisley and can't make every game, however I have been to so many games this season I think it would have worked out cheaper, plus I like the idea of having my seat. Do you get a reserved sticker on it? Can you pay by instalments?

Watch out for season tickets going on sale. They have gone out in two stages. Renewals and new season ticket holders at lower prices until a set date. After that the prices rise. I believe there are facilities to pay by installments. The ticket office could tell you more. Seats are marked reserved but there was also an initiative where you could pay to have your name added to the seat. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Watch out for season tickets going on sale. They have gone out in two stages. Renewals and new season ticket holders at lower prices until a set date. After that the prices rise. I believe there are facilities to pay by installments. The ticket office could tell you more. Seats are marked reserved but there was also an initiative where you could pay to have your name added to the seat. 

That's impressive. I'm getting one next season.

I work 5 out of 12 Saturdays.
I'm also out most nights midweek.

I have to make up a staff rota in advance to make sure I'm free to attend home games.

Changing a fixture with less than three weeks notice shows no consideration to fans.

Three games in six months at home, 3pm on a Saturday.

That's outrageous.

I actually enjoy a night game... But a wee bit of notice wouldn't go amiss.

Sunday games are shit for those of us who have to drive to games. [emoji850]

14 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I work 5 out of 12 Saturdays.
I'm also out most nights midweek.

I have to make up a staff rota in advance to make sure I'm free to attend home games.

Changing a fixture with less than three weeks notice shows no consideration to fans.

Three games in six months at home, 3pm on a Saturday.

That's outrageous.

I actually enjoy a night game... But a wee bit of notice wouldn't go amiss.

Sunday games are shit for those of us who have to drive to games. emoji850.png

I can see how that would be hard on you. I suppose the club are obligated to accommodate TV, and seeing its Rangers I'm surprised that it wasn't earmarked to be shown from the very beginning.

6 minutes ago, W6er said:

I can see how that would be hard on you. I suppose the club are obligated to accommodate TV, and seeing its Rangers I'm surprised that it wasn't earmarked to be shown from the very beginning.

You make a good suggestion. I can see nothing to stop schedule's being drawn up at the start of the season. Only one of our group of 5 live within 35 miles of Paisley and one lives in Leeds. BEK makes a valid case imo as do you. 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

That's it!

If I have counted right, we have been on tv 5 times at home in the league  ( 6 if the Hearts game had gone ahead) plus 2 cup games against the Pars and the Dons.  Is there not a limit on how many times home games are shown ?

Not 1 away game of ours been on the tv and as you said, 3 weeks noticed is shite. 

Might be better in the championship since games are only moved to Friday nights.

This was brought up in November some bright spark realised that Dec 24th v Livingston would be our last home Saturday 3pm before the split.

It amazes me how after all these years quite alot of Saints fans do not realise that every single Rangers and Celtic away match is live on TV so when fixtures come out it isn't really difficult to figure out it will be moved.

That's it!

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

This was brought up in November some bright spark realised that Dec 24th v Livingston would be our last home Saturday 3pm before the split.

It amazes me how after all these years quite alot of Saints fans do not realise that every single Rangers and Celtic away match is live on TV so when fixtures come out it isn't really difficult to figure out it will be moved.

I see where you are coming from but even if that was true, BEK and others, including myself still wouldn't know the date or time of kick off. That is one of the issues he raises. 

54 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

To be fair this match was moved due to Sevco’s Europa League involvement. They are playing in Germany on the Thursday.

It could have been moved to 3pm on the Sunday and not shown on tv. 

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

That is true what you say about the bigots games always on tv.

But when you add in all our the other moved games for tv, it clearly becomes unfair for saints fans. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That is true what you say about the bigots games always on tv.

But when you add in all our the other moved games for tv, it clearly becomes unfair for saints fans. 

Also the local Saints pubs must have taken a hit with the lack of Saturday games.