Season Tickets 20/21

I've had a season ticket since Love Street days.

I've been in the same seat since our first full season in the "new" stadium.

I have bought two tickets since then... Initilly adult and child... More recently for two adults.

I have supported Saints for almost 50 years.

What we are all experiencing right now is unprecedented.

If you can afford to support the club through this then great.

I'm furloughed. No idea if or when I will be able to return to work. No idea what my income will be a month from now far less when "the season starts".

I genuinely cannot justify spending around £500 on season tickets just now.

As a result...

No early bird discount... Which I've had for years.

Possibility of losing seats that we have had since the first full season.

Probably having to visit the ticket office before every match when things resume just to buy a ticket.

Not looking for sympathy.
Not looking for favours.

Just hope the club can look after the people who have looked after them for decades by showing a bit more flexibility!

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I have bought two tickets since then... Initilly adult and child... More recently for two adults.

I'm furloughed. No idea if or when I will be able to return to work. No idea what my income will be a month from now far less when "the season starts".

As a result...

Probably having to visit the ticket office before every match when things resume just to buy a ticket.

Not looking for favours.

Just hope the club can look after the people who have looked after them for decades by showing a bit more flexibility!

Good post and it shows how detatched the club are from reality. By doing the nonsence of the early bird the club will prob find a lot of people dont take season tickets when season restarts. Will prob cost themselves money with the greed shown,

19 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Good post and it shows how detatched the club are from reality. By doing the nonsence of the early bird the club will prob find a lot of people dont take season tickets when season restarts. Will prob cost themselves money with the greed shown,

Sure Shull

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

As a result...

Not looking for favours.

On reflection I agree that the club should attempt to reward those who have supported them. Perhaps SMISA rep could suggest to the club that they look back on their records and allow those who have regularly paid early to keep their early bird discount in place until the new extended deadline expires and, IF possible, beyond this period to allow the maximum time for loyal, valued fans to purchase the ST for the stand they usually sit. Even if their particular seat is taken.

ETA

I thought more about this so I decided to write an Email to the club suggesting this. It may well fall on deaf ears but I hope not. Below is the Email I sent.

Hi all

May I say up front that we have already purchased our season tickets so this will not impact on us personally.

As this is, as we’re constantly reminded, unprecedented times and many of your loyal supporters are furloughed and don’t know when, or even if, they will return to work which restricts their ability to pay for their STs, taking advantage of the early bird offer as they would normally, can I suggest the club look back on their records and allow those who have regularly paid early to keep their early bird discount in place until the new extended deadline expires and, IF possible, beyond this period to allow the maximum time for loyal, valued fans to purchase the ST for the stand they usually sit at the early bird prices. Even if their particular seat is taken.

I firmly believe this would be fair and would be widely recognised as the right thing for a community based club to do. As it would only involve those who did take advantage I would think it should not impact too much on the clubs finances.

Edited by stlucifer

33 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It might help if other like minded folk sent a wee Email request too. To be cheesy. One voice is a whisper. Many becomes a roar.

Did you send to Ticket Office or Upstairs?

Daft Lucy.  :lol:

Supporters willnae be skint if they are being furloughed.

Probably saved plenty as they have nowhere to go to spend their money.

I would up the price of Season Tickets for the numpties.

Email the Club and tell them they are complicit in the corruption and destruction of Scottish Football, but here's my Season Ticket money anyway.

Love 

Fecking Muggins  xxx

10 hours ago, shull said:

Daft Lucy.  :lol:

Supporters willnae be skint if they are being furloughed.

Probably saved plenty as they have nowhere to go to spend their money.

I would up the price of Season Tickets for the numpties.

For the more stupid among us, and I'm surprised that I have to explain this. (Nope. Not when they're are total idiots like shurly around).

Supporters who are furloughed and don't know when or even if they will be able to return to work will be very reluctant to spend money they may need medium to long term on season tickets. When their situation is resolved and IF they are back in a position to buy a ticket I'm asking the club to allow them to buy it at the rate they have historically bought it.  Only an fool would not be able to work this out without being spoon fed.

Hope this helps.