Season Tickets 20/21

Never thought I would ever write these words but I agree with Shull. 

I’ve supported St Mirren home and away for over 50 years and I have never had a season ticket.  I do not believe people who choose to buy season tickets are “better” supporters than me. 

Coincidentally, I have just retired and I had intended to buy two season tickets.   I think that will have to wait until next season.  

12 minutes ago, shull said:

All are Saints fans whether they purchase a Season Ticket or not. 

Aye, you're correct, Shull. I didn't mean to suggest that one has to buy a season ticket to be a fan, but rather there are a lot of posters on here who definitely aren't fans. I can see how what I have written can be misconstrued though, so fair point.

3 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

I’ve supported St Mirren home and away for over 50 years and I have never had a season ticket.  I do not believe people who choose to buy season tickets are “better” supporters than me. 

Coincidentally, I have just retired and I had intended to buy two season tickets.   I think that will have to wait until next season.  

It's your money, of course. However if you can spare it, the club probably need it now more than ever.

1 minute ago, W6er said:

Aye, you're correct, Shull. I didn't mean to suggest that one has to buy a season ticket to be a fan, but rather there are a lot of posters on here who definitely aren't fans. I can see how what I have written can be misconstrued though, so fair point.

All on here are Saints fans and they can portray their support  in  whatever way they like. 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

Are you a Saints fan, Shull? 

All on here are Saints fans, including me. 

My whole family throughout the generations are /were Saints fans and nearly half of them were never ever in a football stadium ever. 

Whit ye saying ? 

Just now, shull said:

All on here are Saints fans, including me. 

My whole family throughout the generations are /were Saints fans and nearly half of them were never ever in a football stadium ever. 

Whit ye saying ? 

You're saying there are Saints fanatics (I acknowledge that you have used the abbreviation, 'fans'), who have never stepped foot inside St. Mirren Park?

I would suggest a fanatical follower of the club would purchase a season ticket, unless they're unable to do so for financial, geographical or family reasons. I'm saying that posting on this forum does not qualify one to call themselves a Saints fan. 

19 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

It's only one or two that push this idea of trying to categorise fans.

There's plenty of fans who have supported St MIrren for many many years and have attended whenever they can.

When I was in Paisley I never considered buying a season ticket, preferred to just turn up, pay my cash and have a day or night out.

11 minutes ago, W6er said:

You're saying there are Saints fanatics (I acknowledge that you have used the abbreviation, 'fans'), who have never stepped foot inside St. Mirren Park?

I would suggest a fanatical follower of the club would purchase a season ticket, unless they're unable to do so for financial, geographical or family reasons. I'm saying that posting on this forum does not qualify one to call themselves a Saints fan. 

You are wrong.  Probably best not to make judgements on thousands of people you do not know. 

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, the criteria to be a "genuine" fan is to buy a season ticket? :blink:

Away and play on the railway line ya roaster. :lol: 

He's trying to be a superfan. Div should ban him for being a superfanny, and causing trouble on the forum. :thumbsdown

9 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

You are wrong.  Probably best not to make judgements on thousands of people you do not know. 

I should have also added work commitments.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

When I was in Paisley I never considered buying a season ticket...

I rest my case. :lol: :wink:

Edited by W6er

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I've just gone through some of the pages of this thread to see how many potential fans might have purchased a season ticket, and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of actual supporters on here! It's a shame, because when I think of the forum only a couple of names come to mind. But in no particular order, thank you to:

@BuddieinEK - I hope you're in a position to purchase one soon, pal. :thumbs2

@djchapsticks, @aldo_j, @stlucifer, @foxbar_bud, @Stegman, @santaponsasaint, @jaybee, @munoz, @TediousTom, @linwood buddie, @Yflab, @Helmettroll, @rabuddies, @LargsBud, @ged62, @ALBIONSAINT, @StanleySaint, @smcc, @guinness, @nedflanders123, @Danny, @Cookie Monster, @E=Mc2, @oaksoft, @mattman, @portmahomack saint, @St.Ricky and of course @div

There are definitely a few more who might not have replied to this thread, or who I have just missed, but it seems the majority on here are genuine Saints fans after all, and there's just a small, vocal minority who aren't. 

I don’t know about being a genuine fan, I am 100% genuine tight arse, buying a ST is cheaper than paying at the gate. Paisley through and through 👍🏻

Just now, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t know about being a genuine fan, I am 100% genuine tight arse, buying a ST is cheaper than paying at the gate. Paisley through and through 👍🏻

It gives the club money up front, means that you don't have to queue for tickets and have a guaranteed seat in a place you feel comfortable., too. 

56 minutes ago, W6er said:

Not up to you.

Anybody can say they are a fan / supporter and there is nothing you can do to stop them being one.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Not up to you.

Anybody can say they are a fan / supporter and there is nothing you can do to stop them being one.

You do make me laugh, Shull. You are, of course, correct that anybody can say they're a fan. Anyone can say they're the Laird of Brigadoon, too; or that they're 9' 7" or that they own a unicorn. 

I never want to stop anybody being a Saints fan, either. On the contrary, I actively encourage it! Last season I bought tickets for a wee guy who supports Rangers, as I believe he can be converted. However, one needs more than an account on this forum to be a fan or a supporter. 

6 minutes ago, W6er said:

You do make me laugh, Shull. You are, of course, correct that anybody can say they're a fan. Anyone can say they're the Laird of Brigadoon, too; or that they're 9' 7" or that they own a unicorn. 

I never want to stop anybody being a Saints fan, either. On the contrary, I actively encourage it! Last season I bought tickets for a wee guy who supports Rangers, as I believe he can be converted. However, one needs more than an account on this forum to be a fan or a supporter. 

Most St Mirren fans do not contribute to the Forum .

Brigadoon dude is a fervent Buddie but he aint logging on here

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Most St Mirren fans do not contribute to the Forum .

Brigadoon dude is a fervent Buddie but he aint logging on here

That's true. You contribute a lot to the forum, Shull, nobody can deny that. Some people might dispute whether your contributions are positive, but you're undeniably prolific.

15 minutes ago, W6er said:

That's true. You contribute a lot to the forum, Shull, nobody can deny that. Some people might dispute whether your contributions are positive, but you're undeniably prolific.

I may well be 100% negative on here.

I am still a St Mirren fan though.

9 minutes ago, shull said:

I may well be 100% negative on here.

I am still a St Mirren fan though.

You're a St. Mirren fanatic? 

I thought you considered supporting the club an addiction, from which you have recovered?

7 minutes ago, W6er said:

You're a St. Mirren fanatic? 

I thought you considered supporting the club an addiction, from which you have recovered?

Recovered addict , yes. 

Will always be a supporter, fan, fanatic , whatever.

A alky who has stopped drinking will always be an alcoholic.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Recovered addict , yes. 

So you admit you consider having a devotion to St. Mirren as akin to suffering from a disease!

Will always be a supporter, fan, fanatic , whatever.

Just to clarify, your idea of supporting St. Mirren is to encourage people to boycott matches? You actually set out to deprive the club of income, is that not correct, Shull?

30 minutes ago, W6er said:

Just to clarify, your idea of supporting St. Mirren is to encourage people to boycott matches? You actually set out to deprive the club of income, is that not correct, Shull?

Of course 

Means to an end

Edited by shull