Season Tickets 20/21

30 minutes ago, W6er said:

So you admit you consider having a devotion to St. Mirren as akin to suffering from a disease!

Heavy duty addiction

Had good points and quite a few horrific ones

Kept coming back for more.

At peace now

An extract from the club's latest statement:

You, the fans, have always been and continue to be firmly at the heart of the club. We asked you to look beyond the uncertainties of what lies ahead and 'Be In That Number' when the Saints go marching in for season 2020/21. The uptake of season tickets continues to amaze everyone and sales have now passed 1200.

(...)

And finally

We have managed our club through this pandemic in a manner we felt was in its best interests both morally and financially.

We continue to monitor our financial model 12 months in advance but, unless we get a clearer picture of what next season will bring, there will come a time when we will be forced to make some difficult decisions to ensure our club survives.

One of these decisions was to put season tickets on sale. We have made it clear that we are unsure what next season will look like but you have responded magnificently by getting behind the club and buying your tickets regardless. Make no mistake, without this support we would be in a much tougher position.

We also have players out of contract next month, many of whom have been pivotal in bringing us to where we are now in the Premiership and helping generate the income over the last four years that will go a long way to seeing us through this. We are still looking at ways of making sure all first team and academy players who would have been out of contract are supported in whatever way we can.

We are all still very hopeful that the season will start as planned and we will slowly but surely get back to whatever the new normal will be but it would be remiss of us to take that for granted.

Source: https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3690-covid-19-week-11-update-26th-may-2020

Obviously some people are unable to help the club out financially at this moment in time, and that's perfectly understandable. But well done to those that have! Let's keep the club alive.

Noticed the club are giving out prizes for their “be in that number” promotion, has anybody yet to get theirs who’s renewed? I renewed fairly quickly but still not received an email just thought it was a bit weird they’re dishing out prizes with people who have spent good money not been added to the competition yet... 🤷‍♂️

On 5/26/2020 at 8:43 PM, W6er said:

An extract from the club's latest statement:

Obviously some people are unable to help the club out financially at this moment in time, and that's perfectly understandable. But well done to those that have! Let's keep the club alive.

Sentiments that myself and the other 5 in our group share. Non of us would consider ourselves to be superfans and I doubt if any of us would describe ourselves as being very well off. What we, and others  have done is put the  club high up on our priority list and  have been able to put our money where our mouths are. I must admit that it is comical to see that the loudest voices against this are those who simply put.. Just don't go to games. Put another way... For many of these (not all) the club is  lower on their priority list. Self segregation? Maybe a wee bit interested but fans... Give us a break. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Lunch at McHargs The Bakers is far more appealing than 90 minutes or so at St Mirren Park. 

Scotch Pie, Tea and a Pineapple Cake - Fecking Yummy and only costing £3.

A disgusting pie at St Mirren Park would cost nearly that itself. 

Rip off. 

7 hours ago, mattman said:

Noticed the club are giving out prizes for their “be in that number” promotion, has anybody yet to get theirs who’s renewed? I renewed fairly quickly but still not received an email just thought it was a bit weird they’re dishing out prizes with people who have spent good money not been added to the competition yet... 🤷‍♂️

Strangely. I renewed our STs using my account and my wife got a notification of her and my grandson's numbers but I received nothing.

Has anybody received a Fixture List yet  ?

" THANKS FOR YOUR SEASON TICKET MONEY, GOOD BUDDIES.

ALL OUR HOME LEAGUE MATCHES WILL BE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.

WE KNOW YOU DONT MIND CONTRIBUTING TO A LOST CAUSE. THANKS. 

MIND AND PAY FOR SKY ALSO AND WATCH YOUR SUPER SAINTS FROM HOME. "

mugs

Edited by shull

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Sentiments that myself and the other 5 in our group share. Non of us would consider ourselves to be superfans and I doubt if any of us would describe ourselves as being very well off. What we, and others  have done is put the  club high up on our priority list and  have been able to put our money where our mouths are. I must admit that it is comical to see that the loudest voices against this are those who simply put.. Just don't go to games. Put another way... For many of these (not all) the club is  lower on their priority list. Self segregation? Maybe a wee bit interested but fans... Give us a break. 

Like I said earlier, there only one or two super fans who also categorise other fans, and number two :rolleyes: has just appeared. 

Trying to shame other fans who don't put a ST at the top of their priorities is utter bawbag behaviour.

Unfortunately life's not like that for many, more so in the current climate with many losing money every week and many have, and will, lose jobs. 

15 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I am far from well off, financially. Even if we could go abroad, I will not be able to afford to as I spent my spare money on season tickets. My choice and I'm not looking for a round of applause, but the club means more to me than a week in the sun. 

8 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Strangely. I renewed our STs using my account and my wife got a notification of her and my grandson's numbers but I received nothing.

That is strange, but you know how it is. 😄

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Like I said earlier, there only one or two super fans who also categorise other fans, and number two :rolleyes: has just appeared. 

Trying to shame other fans who don't put a ST at the top of their priorities is utter bawbag behaviour.

Unfortunately life's not like that for many, more so in the current climate with many losing money every week and many have, and will, lose jobs. 

Some would say coming on to a St. Mirren fans forum and criticising people for encouraging others to support the club in a perilous time is rather abrasive behaviour. As I said above, I'm not looking for a round of applause but the truth is I won't be going abroad this year even if it becomes feasible. If you care to locate my post earlier you'll see I already commiserated those who are experiencing financial difficulties. :)

3 hours ago, W6er said:

Some would say coming on to a St. Mirren fans forum and criticising people for encouraging others to support the club in a perilous time is rather abrasive behaviour. As I said above, I'm not looking for a round of applause but the truth is I won't be going abroad this year even if it becomes feasible. If you care to locate my post earlier you'll see I already commiserated those who are experiencing financial difficulties. :)

You must be the only person that thinks Thicky's post was encouraging other's to support the club, although that's no surprise as you are the other half of the "We're superfans" club. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Some folks just like to make a noise... Anywhere other than at the ground. You have to feel for them. A pretty empty existence. 

You manage something no other poster manages on a regular basis. Making faraway and I agree on something. Your posts come across like a "Look at me, I'm better than him because I herald going to games all the time". rant.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

You manage something no other poster manages on a regular basis. Making faraway and I agree on something. Your posts come across like a "Look at me, I'm better than him because I herald going to games all the time". rant.

You do know that this is a forum for fans of St. Mirren FC, don't you? I mean, watching the team is supposed to be the thing we all have in common and the raison d'etre of the forum. If there's one safe space anywhere on the internet for people to brag about how much they love St. Mirren, and how many games they go to, then this really is that place. Just ignore this part of the forum if you find it so annoying, and stick to arguing about the Coronavirus in General Nonsense.

2 hours ago, W6er said:

You do know that this is a forum for fans of St. Mirren FC, don't you? I mean, watching the team is supposed to be the thing we all have in common and the raison d'etre of the forum. If there's one safe space anywhere on the internet for people to brag about how much they love St. Mirren, and how many games they go to, then this really is that place. Just ignore this part of the forum if you find it so annoying, and stick to arguing about the Coronavirus in General Nonsense.

How about f**k off, Spunk Breath, and go and suck your mum's cock. :thumbsdown

8 hours ago, W6er said:

Being a Saint Mirren FAN is not exclusive to those who go to matches. And. I don't believe it's necessary to use the fact you do as a weapon to brandish at those who don't. It's not the enough for him that he buys a ticket. It's the fact he needs to chastise those who don't. It's sanctimonious claptrap. It's akin to only giving to charity so you can pronounce you're somehow better than someone who didn't

24 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Being a Saint Mirren FAN is not exclusive to those who go to matches. And. I don't believe it's necessary to use the fact you do as a weapon to brandish at those who don't. It's not the enough for him that he buys a ticket. It's the fact he needs to chastise those who don't. It's sanctimonious claptrap. It's akin to only giving to charity so you can pronounce you're somehow better than someone who didn't

This has been covered numerous times, especially in the last few years when Thicky has started numerous threads having a pop.

Let it go, these two are the only ones who think they are a cut above.

The majority just do what they do, support the club in any way they can and don't need to tell the world about it. 

16 hours ago, W6er said:

I know @stucifer can fight his own battles but he's been on this site contributing regularly for more than 10 years.

You've been here less than 4 months.

Who the f**k are you to tell anyone what to do on here?

Oh and FWIW, I agree with Lucy. Your sanctimonious shite about buying season tickets and then using that to attack other posters is absolute first grade cuntery.

Edited by oaksoft

17 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Not at all. I don't think I am better than others. I am on a par with those who actually put their money where their mouth is. No idea about you, I am afraid as to whether you do or not. Doesn't mean those who don't go are inferior. They simply don't prioritise this in the same way. It has a lesser priority for them. Hence, they are a lesser grade of "fan". Of course I wouldn't include people who had financial, illness or caring duties in that. But..when someone posts about their booze, their bets and their luxury breaks away then I think its clear where they have positioned themselves.