Season Tickets 20/21

Not at all. I don't think I am better than others. I am on a par with those who actually put their money where their mouth is. No idea about you, I am afraid as to whether you do or not. Doesn't mean those who don't go are inferior. They simply don't prioritise this in the same way. It has a lesser priority for them. Hence, they are a lesser grade of "fan". Of course I wouldn't include people who had financial, illness or caring duties in that. But..when someone posts about their booze, their bets and their luxury breaks away then I think its clear where they have positioned themselves. 

Still surprised someone showed you how to set up an initial username almost as much surprised that you remember to log out as W6er before putting your Fricky comments on.

Not at all. I don't think I am better than others. I am on a par with those who actually put their money where their mouth is. No idea about you, I am afraid as to whether you do or not. Doesn't mean those who don't go are inferior. They simply don't prioritise this in the same way. It has a lesser priority for them. Hence, they are a lesser grade of "fan". Of course I wouldn't include people who had financial, illness or caring duties in that. But..when someone posts about their booze, their bets and their luxury breaks away then I think its clear where they have positioned themselves. 
Why are you even discussing grades of fan unless you are supporting the view that some are better than others?

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I know @stucifer can fight his own battles but he's been on this site contributing regularly for more than 10 years.

You've been here less than 4 months.

Who the f**k are you to tell anyone what to do on here?

Oh and FWIW, I agree with Lucy. Your sanctimonious shite about buying season tickets and then using that to attack other posters is absolute first grade cuntery.

I expected better from you, Oaksoft. Surely you can articulate yourself without resorting to profane abuse. Oh, and will you please provide me with some examples of me 'attacking other posters' and my 'first grade c***ery', as I genuinely don't have a clue what you're referring to.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely.

33 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Why are you even discussing grades of fan unless you are supporting the view that some are better than others?

So the guy who doesn't get a season ticket, and cannot be bothered going if it's raining is exactly the same calibre of fan as a guy who buys second hand clothes and eats beans on toast to buy a season ticket, then?

1 minute ago, W6er said:

I expected better from you, Oaksoft. Surely you can articulate yourself without resorting to profane abuse. Oh, and will you please provide me with some examples of me 'attacking other posters' and my 'first grade c***ery', as I genuinely don't have a clue what you're referring to.

Absolutely.

So the guy who doesn't get a season ticket, and cannot be bothered going if it's raining is exactly the same calibre of fan as a guy who buys second hand clothes and eats beans on toast to buy a season ticket, then?

You might try the "Get a Life" shop....................I heard they are open as of today. :lol:

Superfan. :moony2

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You might try the "Get a Life" shop....................I heard they are open as of today. :lol:

Superfan. :moony2

Obviously I used hypothetical examples. However, there are gradients of supporters:

e,g, 1 - Fans who will watch the club if we get to a final or perhaps if we're on the TV. They might well own a club scarf or other merchandise.

e,g, 2 - Similar to the above, but this fair-weather supporter might watch a few games every season, but only if the club are doing well.

e.g. 3 - A frequent spectator, who might watch a few games each season - the big games, plus others if nothing better to do. Might buy the shirt.

e.g. 4 - A serious fan - will watch most home games. Buys the shirt each season.

e.g 5 - Proper fanatic. Season ticket holder and also attends some away matches. 

Not all fans have the same level of interest in the club. However, I'd expect those who spend an hour or so each day on a fans' forum would be pretty fanatical about their support. :)

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Firstly. I am a season ticket holder and am happy to say so. It doesn't make anyone who isn't , in your words, a lesser grade of fan.

Secondly. I think you should read your post back, realise you're sounding like a sanctimonious git, then delete the sh!te. 

Obviously I used hypothetical examples. However, there are gradients of supporters:
e,g, 1 - Fans who will watch the club if we get to a final or perhaps if we're on the TV. They might well own a club scarf or other merchandise.
e,g, 2 - Similar to the above, but this fair-weather supporter might watch a few games every season, but only if the club are doing well.
e.g. 3 - A frequent spectator, who might watch a few games each season - the big games, plus others if nothing better to do. Might buy the shirt.
e.g. 4 - A serious fan - will watch most home games. Buys the shirt each season.
e.g 5 - Proper fanatic. Season ticket holder and also attends some away matches. 
Not all fans have the same level of interest in the club. However, I'd expect those who spend an hour or so each day on a fans' forum would be pretty fanatical about their support. [emoji4]

My category didn't make the list. [emoji23]

Not all fans have the same level of interest in the club. However, I'd expect those who spend an hour or so each day on a fans' forum would be pretty fanatical about their support. [emoji4]

Asking for a friend

e.g 5, does that cover season ticket holders that only let them in for a certain amount of games and they dont pay entry for the other games. [emoji378][emoji1633]

1 hour ago, W6er said:

So you want to follow a sanctimonious post with condescending one and expect to be treated with respect?

Go f**k yourself and stop telling other posters what opinions they are and are not allowed to post on here.

There's probably not a single poster on here who doesn't think you are Ricky so do us all a favour, pick one alias account and stick to it.

Get out of the hole you are digging and give your head a shake!

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Firstly. I am a season ticket holder and am happy to say so. It doesn't make anyone who isn't , in your words, a lesser grade of fan.

Secondly. I think you should read your post back, realise you're sounding like a sanctimonious git, then delete the sh!te. 

People have different priorities. Nothing wrong with that. It's a matter of self selection. The club wouldn't survive without those of us. Including you, who put our money where our mouth is.  Clearly, some on here don't. Some, it seems, in their own  words like a bet (many do), like a drink (many do) and like "luxury weekend breaks" (many do). I don't generally do any of these. Nothing wrong with that either. So how do "they"  differentiate themselves as fans. Simply put, they demote themselves by not contributing financially. Now.. I last year suggested that a fund was stated to privately help those who had a hard time financially to be able to obtain a season ticket or even just a game or several games. I'm still happy to chuck a bit of cash into that. After all, I don't spend it on bets, drink or holidays. I just waste it in St Mirren

Edited by St.Ricky

54 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So you want to follow a sanctimonious post with condescending one and expect to be treated with respect?

Go f**k yourself and stop telling other posters what opinions they are and are not allowed to post on here.

There's probably not a single poster on here who doesn't think you are Ricky so do us all a favour, pick one alias account and stick to it.

Lol. You are so wrong. Tut, tut on your use of profanity. You know that you can do better than that. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

My dad went to most home matches between 1935  till 2008, when he passed away.

Unfortunately, not a real fan as he never once purchased a St Mirren Top..

Shull! :lol: Give me a break, please!

Right, well I know when I'm not wanted.

Just a wee reminder, before I disappear, that the 50/50 Lotto starts tomorrow. First prize is half the takings. 

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

Just a wee reminder, before I disappear, that the 50/50 Lotto starts tomorrow. First prize is half the takings. 

Cheerio :double

10 minutes ago, W6er said:

Bet 365 say you'll be back............................like you did last time you made a dramatic "I'm Away" post, ya walloper. :lol: