Jump to content

Season Tickets 20/21


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Helmettroll said:

😂 He says hes looking for an excuse to support a winning team then hopes to secure a season ticket for Ibrox, the only team in the premiership thats never won a major trophy....What a Walloper.🤣

Don't let him kid you - he's already got one.  🥶

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Ur saying u wanted to but u don’t know what ur renewing for, ur saying u hope it’s not Buddievision, so what are u expecting? I find it absolutely extraordinary that anybody would renew just now without having a clue what you are buying...

Correct I wanted to , my money to do as I please and if it is on Buddievision (still hope it’s not) then so be it . If the season starts with no fans allowed then that’s how it goes , I will be able to ask about a rebate on my early bird tickets and I’m also helping the club out financially at a time there is no cash flow.Does that make me a super fan🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Ur saying u wanted to but u don’t know what ur renewing for, ur saying u hope it’s not Buddievision, so what are u expecting? I find it absolutely extraordinary that anybody would renew just now without having a clue what you are buying...

Its called supporting the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leatherface said:

So do u go and give money to ur local shops, bookies etc that aren’t open to support them?

Fans have an emotional connection to a football club. Thats the point of supporting a club.

If my relationship with football was purely transactional like it is with local shops and bookies I'd support Barcelona. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Fans have an emotional connection to a football club. Thats the point of supporting a club.

If my relationship with football was purely transactional like it is with local shops and bookies I'd support Barcelona. 

It's sad that you even have to explain that, on what's purported to be a forum for St. Mirren fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

This is not about being a fan, it’s about being gullible and parting with money because somebody is pulling on ur heartstrings, it’s a shame ur not a stronger person!

Admittedly I was going to buy season tickets anyway, but I bought them especially because the club needs me too, now. I like to keep my good deeds to myself, and usually feel it's a bit crass to publicise them, but I think we should all be encouraged to do our bit to ensure the club's survival. If you don't care about St. Mirren, then what are you doing on a St. Mirren fans' forum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, W6er said:

Admittedly I was going to buy season tickets anyway, but I bought them especially because the club needs me too, now. I like to keep my good deeds to myself, and usually feel it's a bit crass to publicise them, but I think we should all be encouraged to do our bit to ensure the club's survival. If you don't care about St. Mirren, then what are you doing on a St. Mirren fans' forum?

Absolutely sentimental bollocks...look at you supefan!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well why did u renew when u don’t know what u are renewing for? A bit fecking stupid!

What’s it got to do with you, Shull or GMan who buys a ST? I’ll be stupid like a couple of thousand including my son & granddaughter & purchase mine. I know why I’m renewing mine. Now go have a Chinese with Shull keep quiet & be a good boy !!!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ged62 said:


What’s it got to do with you, Shull or GMan who buys a ST? I’ll be stupid like a couple of thousand including my son & granddaughter & purchase mine. I know why I’m renewing mine. Now go have a Chinese with Shull keep quiet & be a good boy !!!

He can purchase his own Chinese and mine if he insists. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

£480 now... £540 after early bird.
Value for money? For what?

I'm basically being asked to donate to the club to help keep it afloat...

With the threat of losing seats we have held since the first full season if we don't snap them up.

I get that. To those who can afford it... Great stuff.

I'm currently furloughed.

No idea when or if I will be able to return to work.

Come August, almost certainly on reduced wages.

Taking a step back and being totally rational... I genuinely cannot justify buying season tickets at this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

£480 now... £540 after early bird.
Value for money? For what?

I'm basically being asked to donate to the club to help keep it afloat...

With the threat of losing seats we have held since the first full season if we don't snap them up.

I get that. To those who can afford it... Great stuff.

I'm currently furloughed.

No idea when or if I will be able to return to work.

Come August, almost certainly on reduced wages.

Taking a step back and being totally rational... I genuinely cannot justify buying season tickets at this time.

The club should do something about this point. They should make the exception that people done lose their seats if they don't buy a season ticket this season. It may be worth bringing it up with the club, they need to show flexibility as much as they can in a time like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprise gifts for SOME lucky fans! This looks and sounds like a cheap marketing ploy seen between the adverts on travel programmes. ALL the season ticket holders should be recompensed for the season finishing early. I had suggested in a earlier post that the club could give a 25% discount towards the new strip. Come on saints your better than this. 

8D1B8077-023B-4E78-9793-57FE92C7B9B9.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading some of these posts. I think some people think its compulsory to renew their season ticket right away. Your not. The club is saying if you can please do. I'm sure they understand some are struggling money wise. Nobody is a superfan like someone said cos they bought theirs early. All Saints fans are Superfans. They support their hometown team without question. Dont think it's time for bickering. Rant over. Coys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Reading some of these posts. I think some people think its compulsory to renew their season ticket right away. Your not. The club is saying if you can please do. I'm sure they understand some are struggling money wise. Nobody is a superfan like someone said cos they bought theirs early. All Saints fans are Superfans. They support their hometown team without question. Dont think it's time for bickering. Rant over. Coys.

What I will say, the early bird discount should be the flat season ticket price for this season.

This would at least serve a couple of purposes. Firstly, It wouldn't make anyone feel pressured into buying a ticket just now when financial uncertainty is still a very real threat for a lot of people.

Secondly, people don't know what they are getting in terms of number of games they can attend (or even how many games will be in the season) for next season regardless. It would be a decent gesture to announce the early bird price is actually being extended out to just being the full season ticket price this year. It is highly unlikely that we will get to our full allocation of 18/19 home games anyway.

I don't have a problem buying my ticket and have already done so, but I'm not keen on the whole 'buy early, guarantee your seat' campaign in current times.

If ticket is set at £303 (adult, west stand), then it should be out there at that price until the season starts - that way folk can choose if they want to invest/donate or not instead of feeling they need pony up just now. Several folk will likely be back at work by late July/early August...I don't like idea of them missing out on their seats or having to pay extra  because they couldn't do so in May or June.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

£480 now... £540 after early bird.
Value for money? For what?

I'm basically being asked to donate to the club to help keep it afloat...

With the threat of losing seats we have held since the first full season if we don't snap them up.

I get that. To those who can afford it... Great stuff.

I'm currently furloughed.

No idea when or if I will be able to return to work.

Come August, almost certainly on reduced wages.

Taking a step back and being totally rational... I genuinely cannot justify buying season tickets at this time.

I don't think anyone should feel obliged to buy a ST. Some of us are lucky enough to still be working in the sense that we have a continuing full wage. It would be a shame if you were to lose out on having your seats for next season. It may not come to that assuming you decide you are able and are willing to renew at a later date. Our support is at a level where there are still many seats not allocated so the extended period may be increased if enough people put it to the club

7 hours ago, LargsBud said:

The club should do something about this point. They should make the exception that people done lose their seats if they don't buy a season ticket this season. It may be worth bringing it up with the club, they need to show flexibility as much as they can in a time like this.

They already have and I hope they can further this. I don't think it feasible to guarantee to keep the ST holders' seats for a complete season. If someone wants to buy a ST and, at the appropriate time, picks the empty seat then it wouldn't sell to that person. Even through these unprecedented times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Absolutely sentimental bollocks...look at you supefan!

I'm just a fan, a supporter of the club, not a superfan. There are still some of us on this forum, which i supposed to be  'for St. Mirren fans', as per the banner in the top-left hand corner.

 

9 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

£480 now... £540 after early bird.
Value for money? For what?

I'm basically being asked to donate to the club to help keep it afloat...

With the threat of losing seats we have held since the first full season if we don't snap them up.

I get that. To those who can afford it... Great stuff.

I'm currently furloughed.

No idea when or if I will be able to return to work.

Come August, almost certainly on reduced wages.

Taking a step back and being totally rational... I genuinely cannot justify buying season tickets at this time.

Aye, that's basically what the club are asking. If you can afford a season ticket, they're asking that you buy one to ensure the club has an income, and therefore remains in existence. I'm one of those still able to buy one. I previously didn't have a season ticket, so my options were limited and I didn't get a seat right at the back, which is what I wanted.

I'm sorry you're facing an uncertain future and fear losing your job. Best wishes for the future, and I hope you're soon in a position to renew. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, W6er said:

I'm just a fan, a supporter of the club, not a superfan. There are still some of us on this forum, which i supposed to be  'for St. Mirren fans', as per the banner in the top-left hand corner.

 

Aye, that's basically what the club are asking. If you can afford a season ticket, they're asking that you buy one to ensure the club has an income, and therefore remains in existence. I'm one of those still able to buy one. I previously didn't have a season ticket, so my options were limited and I didn't get a seat right at the back, which is what I wanted.

I'm sorry you're facing an uncertain future and fear losing your job. Best wishes for the future, and I hope you're soon in a position to renew. 

Let me ask you this, say football didn’t start back for 3 years. Would you continue to pay for a season ticket every year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe the club could preserve the seats of all of last seasons ticket holders and the early bird prices until a date for the new season can be confirmed in stone. That would seem reasonable to me. Not that I'm a fan of people having allocated seats.

Edited by oaksoft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, W6er said:

I'm just a fan, a supporter of the club, not a superfan. There are still some of us on this forum, which i supposed to be  'for St. Mirren fans', as per the banner in the top-left hand corner.

 

Aye, that's basically what the club are asking. If you can afford a season ticket, they're asking that you buy one to ensure the club has an income, and therefore remains in existence. I'm one of those still able to buy one. I previously didn't have a season ticket, so my options were limited and I didn't get a seat right at the back, which is what I wanted.

I'm sorry you're facing an uncertain future and fear losing your job. Best wishes for the future, and I hope you're soon in a position to renew. 

 

16 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Let me ask you this, say football didn’t start back for 3 years. Would you continue to pay for a season ticket every year? 

This is a hypothetical question. The club is unlikely to survive for a year, far less 3 years, without a source of income!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...