Pro-Life v Pro-Abortion

shull

3 hours ago, Dickson said:

It's not an issue I have strong views on either way and I think in general I would agree. However would you also agree that if a man wishes to have a vasectomy that he should be able to get one without the need for the consent of his wife / partner as currently happens? 

Yes because it's his body but that's irrelevant to a discussion on abortion.

2 hours ago, Dickson said:

From the NHS24 website. 

Capture.PNG.40f22a9b534a4b386f92bdfb507d385c.PNG

It might not be a legal requirement to get your partner's permission but many GP's insist on getting your partners permission before agreeing to refer you for the procedure. 

It's nearly 22 years since I had mine and my GP insisted on my wife, at that time, signing a document saying that she consented. It's not the only account to this effect that I have heard. 

It is relevant because it's quite clear that many people in society quite rightly, IMO, take the view that if a woman wishes to abort her pregnancy she should be able to do it on the NHS without any block from a GP, but a man is not afforded the same respect over his own body. 

Stuart, I said before that the days of you blatantly lying over stuff like this are well and truly over.

You don't need permission from a wife or partner to have a vasectomy and what the hell would you know about what "most GPs" do or don't do regarding this?

Just go away FFS. 🤣

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Oh no it wasn't, that's two strikes for you today emoji14.pngA mate had been talking about having one recently and I was intrigued enough to have looked it up then. Its not for me after I read the disclaimer. emoji54.png

Nope, nope, nope, nope.

Good luck to anyone doing this but it's 4 Nopes from me.

I'd rather abstain than have anyone come at me with a pair of scissors. 

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

4 minutes ago, Dickson said:

https://goodmenproject.com/newsroom/are-men-legally-required-to-ask-their-spouses-permission-for-a-vasectomy/

1429023259_Annotation2020-03-05234904.PNG.jpg.6f0277931b5e7263233e429507e3cb1d.jpg

Just a few of the thousands of articles that prove that there are many, many accounts similar to mine. 

You have one anecdote as evidence and you've decided that everyone elses experience is the same as yours. 

So you're prepared to ignore what they say at the NHS but you will instantly believe what John Smith says on a random blog.

You're not exactly helping yourself here. :lol:

ETA. Hang on. That's an American website you utter spangle. :lol:

I thought it was a bit odd when I saw the phrase "state law".

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, Dickson said:

So you've no experience whatsoever of the vasectomy process yet you want to pontificate on what it is. 

Talk about arguing from a position of complete ignorance. At least Slartibartfast found a GP who had clearly read his posts on here and decided regardless of what any woman thought, the world would be a better a place if he wasn't to procreate any further. 

You see Stuart, this is why you struggle to succeed with things in your life.

You say stupid stuff, you get caught out and then you act like a total twat about it.

It's all about your attitude.

It's your problem bud, not mine.

I have no stake in this game. (NOT a humorous euphemism.)

but Scottish v engerlish practice on this MAY differ.

last week(I think) Ed Byrne (in hosting a Live at the Apollo show)riffed about “going for the snip”... and his doctor insisted his wife show up and give her permission.

the doctor was firm about it.

He made it all very funny. 😁 

however.... thinking further....  I have/had an idea that he now lived in Scotland?  A Scots doctor?)

12 hours ago, Dickson said:

So you've no experience whatsoever of the vasectomy process yet you want to pontificate on what it is. 

Talk about arguing from a position of complete ignorance. At least Slartibartfast found a GP who had clearly read his posts on here and decided regardless of what any woman thought, the world would be a better a place if he wasn't to procreate any further. 

What a ridiculous statement. I also have no experience whatsoever of the process of jumping off a cliff onto a spike but I think I can safely say it's not a good idea.

4 hours ago, Dickson said:

Thanks for your concern but from where I sit it doesn't feel like I'm struggling at all. 

For once in all the years I have seen you posting, go away and find something or someone to be entirely positive about that doesn't involve you and then come back and tell me you don't feel better about yourself.

You can put on a good face all you like but I can taste your crushing negativity and resentment every time you post another diatribe about yet another successful person who isn't doing things as well as you would do them.

Edited by oaksoft

Mothers are complicit in killing babies via abortion done by doctors in Clinics, Hospitals, etc. 

Dickson is not the baby cuddler 

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't think that he's making stuff up, it's just his ability to understand English that's the problem.  When he can post something that contradicts him while claiming that it backs him up, can we really expect him to understand what others post?

He was wrong to claim you must have your wives/partners consent for a vasectomy and he posted a quote which proved it legally.

There's no mileage in conversing with him further on this point.

5 hours ago, antrin said:

I have no stake in this game. (NOT a humorous euphemism.)

but Scottish v engerlish practice on this MAY differ.

last week(I think) Ed Byrne (in hosting a Live at the Apollo show)riffed about “going for the snip”... and his doctor insisted his wife show up and give her permission.

the doctor was firm about it.

He made it all very funny. 😁 

however.... thinking further....  I have/had an idea that he now lived in Scotland?  A Scots doctor?)

I think Ed, like all comedians, is exaggerating for comedic effect.

It's clear in this link that there is no legal obligation to have your wife or partner agree before you can have the operation.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/vasectomy-male-sterilisation/

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Looks to me like he put an appointment on, it was suggested that he bring his wife (or she decided she was going - my partner wanted to go, but I told her exactly where she could go) and the rest was embellished for comedic effect.

Nobody is saying that doctors never suggest bringing the partner to the consultation, but what baby cuddler said was fact, at this time, definitely isn't, no matter how he tries to twist things.

Anyway, I'm not discussing it with him anymore since, like Baz, he will never admit when he is wrong even when presented with proof that he is. Two of a kind.

Read the thing.  It was very funny.   It was from years ago....   just repeated, I guess.

i never suggested it was a manual about how to slice and dice testicles. Nor protocol for such defenestration. I bet that’s the first use of that word on this forum.  :)

(goes to check the search....)

31 minutes ago, antrin said:

Read the thing.  It was very funny.   It was from years ago....   just repeated, I guess.

i never suggested it was a manual about how to slice and dice testicles. Nor protocol for such defenestration. I bet that’s the first use of that word on this forum.  :)

(goes to check the search....)

15 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I did read it. Even used his voice "in my head". It was funny.

Must only be 2 years old. In it he said he was 45 and, according to wiki, he's 47 now.

I'm pretty sure you've used it on here before. emoji38.png

Believe it or not, the word HAS been used on here before.

It was Cornwall Saint who first used it.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Believe it or not, the word HAS been used on here before.

It was Cornwall Saint who first used it.

:)

cheers.  I got distracted.  Didnae search.

gave CS an uptick for it.  That’ll be baffling...

it was in a thread, started by a wanker, which I mostly shunned.

Edited by antrin

15 hours ago, shull said:

Mothers are complicit in killing babies via abortion done by doctors in Clinics, Hospitals, etc. 

Dickson is not the baby cuddler 

I never wrote cuddler. 

Killer has been automatically changed. :lol: