Jim Goodwin and Danny Mullen

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye... that's the position he thinks he's best at. But he invariably ends up running out to, and tries to run back in from the wing before being dispossessed, or fluffing it.
The reason we, and Obika are scoring and picking up more points is simply that Obika can hold it up, and bring others in to play.
With Mullen he just runs till he loses it or on the odd occasion gets a shot away.
He wastes way too much possession.
That's why Goody doesn't rate him.
OK, so you don't like Mullen. You need to stick to the points being discussed though.

OK, so you don't like Mullen. You need to stick to the points being discussed though.
Actually I do like Mullen, he is an out and out tryer, always puts in a shift. But he simply isnt a striker, he never holds the ball up.

That's why Obika has been so important for us, and why Danny is bench warming at best.

Danny runs till he loses it, Obika is a handful for any defender, holds it up, and gets in the box to finish.

Actually I do like Mullen, he is an out and out tryer, always puts in a shift. But he simply isnt a striker, he never holds the ball up.That's why Obika has been so important for us, and why Danny is bench warming at best.
Danny runs till he loses it, Obika is a handful for any defender, holds it up, and gets in the box to finish.

I dont think the thread is about Danny v Obika, it's about whether he should at least feature. I would see it more as Danny v Andrue or Morias

Andrue is frustrating because we expect to see the type of goal(s) he scored against us but we haven't. He's missed 2 pens (1 that mattered) so a lot of people question his desire and mentality. What isnt recognised is that he has set up most of our goals. People remember the missed sitters that have cost us points rather than assists.

Morias seems to be a good honest pro. He is small strong and tries hard. He has had a lot of chances to shine and hasnt really done that, maybe due to where he is played ie like being played on his own up front against Hamilton.

Mullen, carries a lot of favour in a similar way Billy Mehmet did in that he may not score v often but when he does it's a cracking goal that generally meant something. Like mehmet he also has a lot of weaknesses to his game. Where Billy didnt pass Mullen does the same. The slight difference iscwhere billy kept running until he ran it out of play or was tackled Danny falls over and is very rarely awarded a freekick.

I doubt anyone thinks Danny should start ahead of Obika but bringing him on when we need an unexpected goal from somewhere should be an option.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:23 PM, proudtobeabuddy said:

At the moment we’re in a better position than last year. That may change. I think Chabbi is going to get more game time now so it’s up to him to get on the scoresheet. I don’t think any of our strikers are bad but Jim mostly gets it right IMO.

Another 21 minutes game time for Chabbi to-day. He will soon be "match fit!!! 

Remind me, did we sign him in January? Cannot understand signing a player and not having him on at the start.

IMO our Manager with his team selections and especially with his choice of substitutes is the reason we have not

picked up more points.

2 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Another 21 minutes game time for Chabbi to-day. He will soon be "match fit!!! 

Remind me, did we sign him in January? Cannot understand signing a player and not having him on at the start.

IMO our Manager with his team selections and especially with his choice of substitutes is the reason we have not

picked up more points.

I agree with you Chabbi should be fit enough to play a whole game by now. I'd start him against Hearts rather than end the game with him, he looks a good player.

• 3 months later...