Douglas Murray

shull

I bought his book, The Strange Death of Europe. I've never been convinced by the supposed benefits of mass-immigration, and unfortunately agreed with a lot of what he wrote. I stopped reading about half way through as I found it too depressing. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to things one cannot change. Politics is a rigged game.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, shull said:

Good to see justice finally being done in the case of Shamima Begum, as ever the choleric Mr. Murray displays an inverted view of the real world - I'll bet you more British citizens died fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq than have been killed by ISIS.

It's interesting to note that the article by Ms. Khan was published in The Times, no left-wing publication, he's preaching to the fanatical readers of The Spectator - a gammony,  ghastly, ghostly. ghoulashy (sic), gloomy, gouty, grim,  grisly and quite frankly gruesome lot.

I'll repeat what I said in Feb 2019 

I am that bleeding heart liberal who thinks we should re-admit her to the UK - she was a brainwashed child when she left and is now a brainwashed young adult with a tragic history of having lost two children - if we're not willing to accept her return and try to rehabilitate her are we any better than ISIS, if we're not prepared to take that risk and be better than ISIS what is the point in it all?

On a more practical note I think refusing her return and demonising her will push young Muslims on the cusp of being "radicalised" further down that route.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...