Thirty Pound Con

Absolutely idiotic St Mirren fans. 

They pay 30 quid into Celtic Park. 

Then demonstrate about the price with a Banner that says £30 CON. 

Then the Stewards remove their banner. 

Why the feck are these dumplings paying in, then fecking moaning about the cost. 

STAY IN FECKING PAISLEY WHEN WE ARE PLAYING AT RIP OFF CELTIC PARK. 

NINE POUNDS IS ABSOLUTELY FINE. 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Absolutely idiotic St Mirren fans. 

They pay 30 quid into Celtic Park. 

Then demonstrate about the price with a Banner that says £30 CON. 

Then the Stewards remove their banner. 

Why the feck are these dumplings paying in, then fecking moaning about the cost. 

STAY IN FECKING PAISLEY WHEN WE ARE PLAYING AT RIP OFF CELTIC PARK. 

NINE POUNDS IS ABSOLUTELY FINE. 

It's a public demonstration. I get it. Also good to flag rip off prices at Celtic Park particularly as their support believe themselves to be quite the political activists themselves.

If nothing else it has made me dislike the Celtic stewards even more and I didn't think that was even possible.

Aye fabulous demonstration. 

Here Celtic. 

Have my hard earned THIRTY FECKING QUID. 

Bye the way Celtic, your prices are very very very very high. But dinnae fret, we will be back and pay even if you charge us fifty pounds. 

FORFUXSAKE 

Brainless buffoons are football fans. 

I know, I used to be one. 

Ice-Tears, Krankies Therapist and myself told you all. 

Do it fecking right and boycott the extortionate cnuts who are ripping you off. 

Our own despicable  Club rip us off and you all fecking pay up. 

Deserve all you get. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Aye fabulous demonstration. 

Here Celtic. 

Have my hard earned THIRTY FECKING QUID. 

Bye the way Celtic, your prices are very very very very high. But dinnae fret, we will be back and pay even if you charge us fifty pounds. 

FORFUXSAKE 

Brainless buffoons are football fans. 

I know, I used to be one. 

Still are 😉

Shull/Krankie/Tears. You’ve been talking about ticket prices for as long as I can remember on here, has it ever changed anything?

A bit of plastic, a few coveralls and some paint has managed to get the national media, social media accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers, and radio stations talking about ticket prices. As far as I can tell, that’s a more positive result than moaning on a forum about it 

13 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Shull/Krankie/Tears. You’ve been talking about ticket prices for as long as I can remember on here, has it ever changed anything?

A bit of plastic, a few coveralls and some paint has managed to get the national media, social media accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers, and radio stations talking about ticket prices. As far as I can tell, that’s a more positive result than moaning on a forum about it 

Prices will go up next Season.

I still will not be contributing

That means I will not be getting ripped off. I am doing my bit. Time for the rest of Scottish Football fans to boycott. . That will make a difference.

Stadiums have to be left empty.

You cant give Peter THIRTY POUNDS, sit in his seats, then FECKING MOAN. Do something constructive.

That was a fecking joke yesterday

LETS SEE THE TWO SETS OF FANS AT THE CUP FINAL THREATENING TO BOYCOTT IF THE PRICES ARENT REASONABLE. 

AN EMPTY HAMPDEN FOR THE SHOWPIECE MATCH OF THE SEASON.  Thats the way to do it.

Dunno about Krankies Therapist and Ice Tears. I speak for myself.

LAWWELL IS LAUGHING AT THE BLACK AND WHITE BRIGADE

Edited by shull

I'm not sure what the crowd was yesterday but looking around it looked almost full. If the crowd was as low as 40.000 and it was probably more and Celtic knocked a tenner of of everyone's ticket price the fans would save £400,000. Multiply that by 19 and the fans could save £7,600,000.

That's a lot of half pint shandies.

19 hours ago, Dickson said:

There is a mantra in business. A product or a service is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

How do you expect this to play out Doakes? Do you think Peter Lawwell will check out his Facebook account this morning and feel as bit guilty over their pricing policy - or do you think he'll look at the revenue from the away end and feel justified in setting the prices as they are? Celtic aren't embarrassed by their ticket prices. In fact they will continue to push prices up as long as they've got full stadiums and waiting lists for season tickets. 

The ONLY action fans should be taking is to stay away if the ticket price is too high. 

So how would you encourage this? Without first drawing attention to the issue with smaller actions

Edited by Doakes

7 minutes ago, Doakes said:

So how would you encourage this? Without first drawing attention to the issue with smaller actions

This is one of those times when there is much to be said for both sides of the argument. Stuart is arguing market forces that currently favour Celtic. I think you are talking about a strategy to bring the prices to wider notice. That's OK and I get that. It might even swell into a country wide movement which causes change but meanwhile, PL won't be put off his cornflakes by this. 

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Gordon Scott taking his seat on Wednesday night. 

Then glancing over to the Away End and seeing an Empty Stand. 

He then gets a text message saying. 

FECK YOU AND YOUR TWENTY TWO POUNDS ADMISSION PRICE. 

Hopefully Home  non Season Ticket holders would do likewise. 

So simple.  

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

This is one of those times when there is much to be said for both sides of the argument. Stuart is arguing market forces that currently favour Celtic. I think you are talking about a strategy to bring the prices to wider notice. That's OK and I get that. It might even swell into a country wide movement which causes change but meanwhile, PL won't be put off his cornflakes by this. 

Have a look through comments under any post about the "con 30" banner - you struggle to find a regular fan (of any club) that doesn't agree that prices are too high. You'd also struggle to find a regular fan (of any club) that would abandon their team based on ticket prices.... which plays into the hands of the rich and greedy. Original northbank statement on twitter set out their plan pretty clearly 

I agree with Doakes. The Northbank have featured in The Sun, The Daily Record, on Glasgow Live and the Glasgow Times.

If the treatment of away supporters wasn't so appalling I would reluctantly return and pay the prices. But I will only go there again if we draw them in a cup.

Edited by W6er

Not just away fans. 

All supporters are getting ripped off. 

North Bank Brigade are doing nothing. They think twenty pound is cool FORFUXSAKE. 

Leave Stadiums empty and refuse to buy Season Tickets next year is the only way. 

Protesting after paying 30 pounds admission fee is lunatic behaviour and fecking pointless. 

LET'S SEE 52000 THREATEN TO BOYCOTT THIS SEASON'S CUP FINAL. 

I would be confident, prices would be slashed.