Thirty Pound Con

2 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

I think st mirren should reimburse everyone who went on Saturday for that spineless, gutless performance.

Whoever paid THIRTY POUNDS on Saturday deserve all they get. 

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Have a look through comments under any post about the "con 30" banner - you struggle to find a regular fan (of any club) that doesn't agree that prices are too high. You'd also struggle to find a regular fan (of any club) that would abandon their team based on ticket prices.... which plays into the hands of the rich and greedy. Original northbank statement on twitter set out their plan pretty clearly 

I'm not arguing with you Doakes. 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not arguing with you Doakes. 

Fair Ricky. Young fans / ultras often get a bad rep in Scotland, but when people find a way to voice their opinions through art / culture - positive changes can happen. Moaning about it on forums doesn't really do much other than echo 

13 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Fair Ricky. Young fans / ultras often get a bad rep in Scotland, but when people find a way to voice their opinions through art / culture - positive changes can happen. Moaning about it on forums doesn't really do much other than echo 

Best of luck. 

9 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Not just moaning. 

Personal boycott. 

Also, being constructive in what is needed. 

I AM NOT PAYING THIRTY POUNDS INTO A STADIUM THEN MOANING ABOUT PAYING THIRTY POUNDS INTO A FOOTBALL STADIUM. 

I AM NOT HOLDING A BANNER UP SAYING TWENTY'S PLENTY WHEN TWENTY POUND IS FECKING EXTORTIONATE. 

NINE IS FINE. 

A threatened mass boycott of Scottish Football is required through refusal to purchase Season Tickets would help. 

Black and White Brigade would be better just singing their songs, clapping their hands and beating their fecking drum. That's what they do best. 

Shite at reducing admission prices 

So shut the feck up and listen to wisdom. 

18 minutes ago, shull said:

A threatened mass boycott of Scottish Football is required through refusal to purchase Season Tickets would help. 

Northbank are in a position where they could easily link up with likeminded groups around the country and call for something like this... don’t think any statement they’ve put out says that something like this would be off the table

10 minutes ago, shull said:

Black and White Brigade would be better just singing their songs, clapping their hands and beating their fecking drum. That's what they do best. 

Shite at reducing admission prices 

So shut the feck up and listen to wisdom. 

Just stop going to football if you don’t like the prices is your idea of “wisdom” :lol:? Nae bother 

Fan led protest against prices with public support given from our current manager and players, or throwing your toys out the pram on a supporters forum and refusing to go to a game.... Tough one

24 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Ofcourse. Particularly in football. The only thing football club Chairmen will listen to is thousands of empty unsold seats. 

Right now Celtic know that if away fans didn't turn up they could sell that section to Celtic fans who would pay more and pay for the full season to see their team break Scottish records. You haven't damaged or hurt them in the slightest. Instead you've given them money to help them on their way. 

Or, further raised awareness of the campaign with a view to future actions

Vast majority of the usual group that go weren’t at Celtic Park on Saturday 

Celtic filled half the away bit on Saturday with their own supporters. they could not give a toss if we turned up or not. Same for Rangers. they can both fill their grounds with their own muppets. The £30 payers were joined by the ones who had paid less as we were shoehorned into one small bit. Therefore it would not bother them if all other clubs boycotted them. As long as their supporters cough up nothing will change.

54 minutes ago, shull said:

Not just moaning. 

Personal boycott. 

Also, being constructive in what is needed. 

I AM NOT PAYING THIRTY POUNDS INTO A STADIUM THEN MOANING ABOUT PAYING THIRTY POUNDS INTO A FOOTBALL STADIUM. 

I AM NOT HOLDING A BANNER UP SAYING TWENTY'S PLENTY WHEN TWENTY POUND IS FECKING EXTORTIONATE. 

NINE IS FINE. 

Good luck with that

Sevco fans are paying £49 for a ticket for their home European game

Unless their and Sellic start doing boycotts nothing will happen

23 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Good luck with that

Sevco fans are paying £49 for a ticket for their home European game

Unless their and Sellic start doing boycotts nothing will happen

Agree. The other main issue is that clubs still need to pay wages and other expenses. Cutting the cost to £9 as Shull keeps saying will simply make it unaffordable for clubs to pay current contract salaries and survive.  Today's footballers simply won't play for so called professional clubs with reduced/lower wages when they possibly can earn more in the non football environment.

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Northbank are in a position where they could easily link up with likeminded groups around the country and call for something like this... don’t think any statement they’ve put out says that something like this would be off the table

Just stop going to football if you don’t like the prices is your idea of “wisdom” :lol:? Nae bother 

Fan led protest against prices with public support given from our current manager and players, or throwing your toys out the pram on a supporters forum and refusing to go to a game.... Tough one

Or, further raised awareness of the campaign with a view to future actions

Vast majority of the usual group that go weren’t at Celtic Park on Saturday 

Keep paying in dafty and sucking up to the vile Green Brigade and others. 

18 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Agree. The other main issue is that clubs still need to pay wages and other expenses. Cutting the cost to £9 as Shull keeps saying will simply make it unaffordable for clubs to pay current contract salaries and survive.  Today's footballers simply won't play for so called professional clubs with reduced/lower wages when they possibly can earn more in the non football environment.

All been covered in my previous 40000 plus posts. 

Start at the beginning. 

You will understand eventually. 

Maybe. 

:lol:

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Keep paying in dafty and sucking up to the vile Green Brigade and others. 

I'd find it almost impossible to stop following St Mirren. The fact you've abandoned supporting our team says to me that you care more about having the moral high ground on a forum than you do about our club. That's your issue, not mine. Other clubs fans are rivals, especially the OF, but we all share a common purpose in making sure that football is affordable for the average person. No one should be put off football by not being able to afford it, meant to be a working class sport

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

I'd find it almost impossible to stop following St Mirren. The fact you've abandoned supporting our team says to me that you care more about having the moral high ground on a forum than you do about our club. That's your issue, not mine. Other clubs fans are rivals, especially the OF, but we all share a common purpose in making sure that football is affordable for the average person. No one should be put off football by not being able to afford it, meant to be a working class sport

Better off ignoring him bud, for a man who’s “abondoned” football but spends 99 percent of his life on this forum spouting shite, you’re wasting your time.

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

I kind of thought you shared a common purpose with the vile Green Brigade and the horrific Union Bears. What a shower of cnuts to affiliate with. 

Keep paying your 30 quids and kiddy on crying about prices. 

2 minutes ago, mattman said:

Better off ignoring him bud, for a man who’s “abondoned” football but spends 99 percent of his life on this forum spouting shite, you’re wasting your time.

You're part of the problem also. 

46 minutes ago, Dickson said:

And the ones that did go give Celtic £30 each to help them on their way. 

If there are like minded groups why not start there? Get together and issue a statement saying that you call on all football fans not to buy season tickets until clubs set their admission prices to a fair level and then back that up by showing intent and boycotting all away matches between now and the end of the season. That would be a proper statement of intent that would grab the attention of those sitting in boardrooms who never pay admission. It was exactly that kind of action that made clubs sit up and take notice back in 2012 when fans threatened to boycott season ticket sales if their chairman didn't vote to boot Sevco down the leagues. 

Ten or twenty dafties dressed in paper overalls and a mask holding up a banner saying that the £30 they have just paid to get in is expensive isn't doing anything! 

45 minutes ago, Dickson said:

And Doakes, there lies the problem. You are addicted and you are willing to pay whatever Celtic or any of the other clubs charge. 

You aren't the solution, you are part of the problem. 

You're basing all of this on a very black and white view of one situation. If you take that one action on Saturday in isolation, I'd agree, all it really did was raise awareness and turn it into a talking point in the national media.

You've got to remember that a lot of these groups hate each other. They don't usually talk to each other. There is no forum other than watching each others actions from afar. Imagine a campaign spreading from Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen as well as St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hamilton, Hibs, Hearts, Livingston, Ross County and St Johnstone fans at the same time? That would be a very rare thing. We're lucky that we have quite a forward thinking group. If more clubs get involved, at that point we would really have an opportunity to do something

Edited by Doakes

If you bring it down to £9 you are basically going to end up like the Juniors. See how many people watch that. All you would have was 42 even smaller teams than now.

£20.00 is , I think, a reasonable amount for working adults with reductions for unemployed, children , OAPs etc.

1 minute ago, guinness said:

If you bring it down to £9 you are basically going to end up like the Juniors. See how many people watch that. All you would have was 42 even smaller teams than now.

£20.00 is , I think, a reasonable amount for working adults with reductions for unemployed, children , OAPs etc.

I'm not sure what the final figure should be. No doubt the various groups involved have or could have independent research to establish the facts. I'm afraid though that Stuart makes a valid point in that fans of Celtic snd Rangers Fans are filling their stadiums at these prices and have reduced seats available to opposition fans to a nominal number. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm not sure what the final figure should be. No doubt the various groups involved have or could have independent research to establish the facts. I'm afraid though that Stuart makes a valid point in that fans of Celtic snd Rangers Fans are filling their stadiums at these prices and have reduced seats available to opposition fans to a nominal number. 

One other point. How many of us on Saturday paid £30.00?  Lot of people I know got in for £17 as an OAP/ child/ student or whatever

1 minute ago, guinness said:

One other point. How many of us on Saturday paid £30.00?  Lot of people I know got in for £17 as an OAP/ child/ student or whatever

Decent point. Had I gone then I would have paid £17. I think Saints £12 is OK. 

12 minutes ago, guinness said:

Keep paying it then. 

Juniors is £6

NINE IS FINE FOR THE SENIOR SHITE 

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

SEVENTEEN POUNDS FOR A CHILD ???? 

Fecking insanity paying that.