Thirty Pound Con

Well, we can either get together and boycott. 

Or leave it up to NEDGROUPS , Green Brigade, Union Bears, really Neddy Motherwell Wee Bois and the rest, 

TO TRANSFORM AND SAVE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, shull said:

Or leave it up to NEDGROUPS , Green Brigade, Union Bears, really Neddy Motherwell Wee Bois and the rest, 

You are sooo rattled by this it’s amusing me 😂

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Wee bastarts, how dare they seek fair pricing

Where's big Innes when ye need him?

MV5BOWRhMmU1N2EtZDdlZi00ZGYwLThmNWMtYmFi

Do all 40 Diddy Clubs have Nedgroups, like we have in W7 ? 

If so, why don't they sort themselves into one big Community ? 

They could then organize ways of influencing Scottish Football in ways of booting out Celtic and Sevco.. 

Then we can start having a proper Beautiful Game. 

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

I'd find it almost impossible to stop following St Mirren. The fact you've abandoned supporting our team says to me that you care more about having the moral high ground on a forum than you do about our club. That's your issue, not mine. Other clubs fans are rivals, especially the OF, but we all share a common purpose in making sure that football is affordable for the average person. No one should be put off football by not being able to afford it, meant to be a working class sport

Well said Doakes

Shull doesn't get much apart from being an asshole

3 hours ago, shull said:

All been covered in my previous 40000 plus posts. 

Start at the beginning. 

You will understand eventually. 

Maybe. 

You clearly have no grasp of economics in the 21st century. You will be asking for concert tickets to be £10 next.  Whether football is too expensive or not, clubs in Scotland simply won't take around a 60% cut in income (at least) or they go out of business. Everything is more expensive now - cars, houses, theatre and transport.  If you can afford going to football but choose not to over your 'too expensive' claim then that's your view and choice.  Football clubs will not reduce tickets to your preferred price any more than any other commercial business.

22 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

You clearly have no grasp of economics in the 21st century. You will be asking for concert tickets to be £10 next.  Whether football is too expensive or not, clubs in Scotland simply won't take around a 60% cut in income (at least) or they go out of business. Everything is more expensive now - cars, houses, theatre and transport.  If you can afford going to football but choose not to over your 'too expensive' claim then that's your view and choice.  Football clubs will not reduce tickets to your preferred price any more than any other commercial business.

I agree with Ned. To be honest, I am looking to buy season tickets in the future as it reduces the cost to about £18 a game. I don't begrudge giving St. Mirren my money, as we are a 'diddy', community based club and need it to compete in this league. I do resent going to Celtic Park, Ibrox and Tynecastle and paying £30 though.

Edited by W6er

21 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

As I said, it can be done. All is explained in previous posts over the years. You must have read a few. 

A nine pound admission fee can be achieved. Starting, probably in at least 3 years time. 

Part Time Football for the vast majority of Clubs 

AND ABSOLUTELY NO CELTIC AND SEVCO INVOLVED IN OUR BEAUTIFUL GAME. 

Can be achieved.  

6 minutes ago, W6er said:

I agree with Ned. To be honest, I am looking to buy season tickets in the future as it reduces the cost to about £18 a game. I don't begrudge giving St. Mirren my money, as we are a 'diddy', community based club and need it to compete in this league. I do resent going to Celtic Park, Ibrox and Tynecastle and paying £30 though.

There is no opportunity to compete in our League. 

Only two teams can ever win it 

We are wasting our time and money. 

And £18 is a fecking rip off also. 

15 minutes ago, shull said:

Which begs the question, why do you frequent this forum? Also in what way do you 'support' St. Mirren? 

1 hour ago, shull said:

It's the same in most European leagues Shull. The big clubs with the fan base and income generally win their leagues (German, Spanish and Dutch giants and of course, the English Premiership with the biggest clubs generally winning titles.  Should clubs like Newcastle, Southampton, Everton, Spurs and Crystal Palace just give up and not compete?  Only 2 clubs in our country will win the league as they have the resources and crowds and raid competing clubs of their most talented players.  That will never change so it's all about qualifying for a UEFA spot or staying in the league.

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

It's the same in most European leagues Shull. The big clubs with the fan base and income generally win their leagues (German, Spanish and Dutch giants and of course, the English Premiership with the biggest clubs generally winning titles.  Should clubs like Newcastle, Southampton, Everton, Spurs and Crystal Palace just give up and not compete?  Only 2 clubs in our country will win the league as they have the resources and crowds and raid competing clubs of their most talented players.  That will never change so it's all about qualifying for a UEFA spot or staying in the league.

And the cups! Don't forget the cups! 

10 hours ago, Dickson said:

Interestingly when I was researching an answer for another thread I found a UEFA article that claimed that in 2018 Crystal Palace had the 20th highest wage budget in Europe. Spurs had the 14th highest in Europe and Everton the 13th highest in Europe. However, Newcastle should definitely just give up cause they haven't competed in any tournament in decades. Seriously, whats the point of a team that hasn't won a trophy in 65 years! 

https://talksport.com/football/656238/uefa-wage-europe-manchester-united-chelsea/

However that is all well off topic. 

The protest was futile and counter productive. Staying away would be a far more reasonable course of action if you feel ticket prices are too high. There are plenty of ways for Doakes to get his football fix at far cheaper prices. Try it Doakes. Who knows you might even get addicted to the sport rather than addicted to the attention your pals at W7 crave. 

What evidence do you have that the protest was futile and counter productive? Can you provide evidence of this? 

Also, I've been perfectly respectful towards you.. why the need to be so condescending in return? 

In truth I would suggest it be better to boycott a game away to the bigots than an midweek away match to Livi.

For a start, the media covers anything involving the green bigots and Sevco whereas the Livi v Saints match was barely noticeable. Sending in two guys with a large banner to cover the empty seats displaying a message on pricing would gain so much more coverage across the media. Boycotting the Livi match has had little effect, and wasn’t really going to. Do it on the biggest stage on the game and the campaign has a better chance of making headway.

I do find it pointless that they’ve attended this game in numbers while protesting the price. As I said above, keep it to two guys just so they can display a large banner, it makes more sense and conveys a bigger protest. We need this campaign to gain ground but we need to hit the right places to do it - if there’s another boycott the best thing they can do is to do it at one of the bigotdomes.

@Doakes I genuinely think you guys are brilliant. You create a great atmosphere and don't stop singing throughout the game, which is attractive to younger supporters - the club's future fan base. Your displays are great, too. I think W7 should be converted to a safe standing area to properly accommodate you.

Don't worry about your detractors, as 90% of supporters feel the same way as I do.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In truth I would suggest it be better to boycott a game away to the bigots than an midweek away match to Livi.

For a start, the media covers anything involving the green bigots and Sevco whereas the Livi v Saints match was barely noticeable. Sending in two guys with a large banner to cover the empty seats displaying a message on pricing would gain so much more coverage across the media. Boycotting the Livi match has had little effect, and wasn’t really going to. Do it on the biggest stage on the game and the campaign has a better chance of making headway.

I do find it pointless that they’ve attended this game in numbers while protesting the price. As I said above, keep it to two guys just so they can display a large banner, it makes more sense and conveys a bigger protest. We need this campaign to gain ground but we need to hit the right places to do it - if there’s another boycott the best thing they can do is to do it at one of the bigotdomes.

The Corona virus display got lots of publicity, including in The Sun and The Record. It was a clever idea to feature something topical, and was a job well done.

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

The Corona virus display got lots of publicity, including in The Sun and The Record. It was a clever idea to feature something topical, and was a job well done.

That’s true but it was also at Darkheid so it had a higher chance of gaining coverage from the off.

My concern though is that everyone still paying £30 to get in while protesting the price isn’t going to change anything, a near empty away end would have sent a larger message.

2 hours ago, Ice-tears said:

Why not do protest outside ground? Or go to tv studios?

As I've said before, I don't claim to speak for the group, but there's a variety of protest methods that could be used. Those are both fair suggestions. Outside Hampden is another possibility 

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

Condescending? I didn't think it was but i won't lose sleep if you've taken it that way. I've said many times over that I don't really understand the Ultra experience. I can't grasp why banging a drum and dancing whilst goading the opposition seems more important than the football. Surely you'll admit Doakes that the group seek attention? I don't think that is controversial! 

I've covered the rest. It was counter productive because Celtic sold seats at £30 justifying the price charged. They also have the money in the bank. And it was futile because apart from a little attention it isn't going to force any club directors to consider a price drop. Do I need evidence? AFAIK Celtic have not cut prices. 

I thought it was but won't lose sleep over it either. :lol: 

I guess it falls under a similar category to visual art - if you create your design, you want people to look at it? So by definition, you are wanting to draw attention to it. 

You could say that about many things though - street art, graffiti, architecture, film-making, photography etc.

For me, I'd rather see young fans putting effort into some of the fantastic displays that we've seen in recent seasons. If it's not your thing, fair enough, it's not for everyone. It's meant to be subjective.

Not sure how many we took to Celtic Park, and I'm equally unsure how many of the usual Northbank guys/girls traveled. As for me personally, I boycotted due to the price - but the visual display they created grabbed headlines and has created discussion on many popular forums, as well as the media. In isolation it won't do much, but I'm sure the protests are going to ramp up from now until the end of the season. Hopefully see other clubs getting involved too, they have been invited to get involved.

Nothing to do with the Media. We don't need their publicity. 

Go after the fecking Clubs who are ripping everybody off. 

Both sets of fans boycott the Cup Final due to high prices. 

Then action will be taken. 

Saturday at Parkhead was a fecking joke. 

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That’s true but it was also at Darkheid so it had a higher chance of gaining coverage from the off.

My concern though is that everyone still paying £30 to get in while protesting the price isn’t going to change anything, a near empty away end would have sent a larger message.

No, it wouldn't have. An empty away end wouldn't have attracted any media coverage. Hamilton took less than one hundred fans to Ibrox, and it looked very empty. I didn't read about that in the papers.

Clubs like Celtic and Rangers won't be reducing their prices anyway, why would they? There was a waiting list to get a season ticket at Ibrox, and I read on Reddit that the St. Mirren game was sold out for Celtic fans. If anything, they're likely to put the price up a little. Meanwhile, clubs like St. Mirren already charge considerably less and attract far, far fewer spectators. Furthermore, it might well hit clubs like ours to charge less.

Let's assume the Saints charge an average of £20 per ticket, when taking concessions into consideration, and attract an average of 5,500 fans:

5,500 x £20 = £110,000

Now let's assume they drop the average price to £15 and attract another 1,000 spectators:

6,500 x £15 = £97,500

One could argue these new fans might buy scarves and pies, which is true, though the former are one-off sales - few people will buy a scarf every week. Furthermore, there will be additional overheads to accommodate them, for example additional stewarding costs.

Now, obviously the example used above is hypothetical. Football is considered to be fairly price-inelastic. In fact I think the club's success will have a far greater impact on numbers. We could do as Shull says, and reduce the price to £9, pay our players part-time wages and see if that attracts the masses through the turnstiles. My feeling is that if people were concerned with the price over the product, Junior football grounds would be packed to the rafters.