Reasons to be cheerful

This is the thread for only positive thoughts. It's an elvis free zone. So, off the top of my head -

1. There's more pressure on Hearts than there is on us on Wednesday. They lose, they are six behind us.

2. There's no reason we can't win both our games this week.

3. In Obika, Jakubiak and Chabbi, we have players who look like they can score goals.

4. Durmus is a match winner and was rested on Saturday.

5. Eight of our last nine games are against bottom six sides, with the other at home to an out of form Rangers.

6. Ross Wallace looks like he has a decent dead ball delivery on him.

7. McCarthy and Famewo have generally looked solid.

8. We have Vaclav.

9. We have survived relegation in 2 of the last three seasons from much worse positions than this.

Edited by Hendo

1 hour ago, the barrhead teacher said:

I might get a two week holiday because of attempts to contain corona virus. Then saints will have time to win the league on football manager and l can dream of beating hearts, drawing at Kilmarnock and against rangers, followed by dramatic winner in Dingwall. All before the spring break.emoji2.png

I have a dream. I think someone already said that but I like yours! 

The scale of Saturday's defeat was a blow but up until then our post-split results had seemed, erm,  adequate, what has changed is Hamilton's two big "results" - to state the bleedin' obvious what we really need is a big "result" of our own hopefully against Hearts on Wednesday.

We're getting to the stage of the season where it' mostly about "charachter" let's show some on Wednesday - COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

37 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The scale of Saturday's defeat was a blow but up until then our post-split results had seemed, erm,  adequate, what has changed is Hamilton's two big "results" - to state the bleedin' obvious what we really need is a big "result" of our own hopefully against Hearts on Wednesday.

We're getting to the stage of the season where it' mostly about "charachter" let's show some on Wednesday - COYS!

Bud. I know you mean post break and agree with you. Bottom line is that this is very much a results business and we are still very much in contention for anywhere up to 9th place. We haven't been in the habit of doing better than that. No time to feel sorry for ourselves. COYS

• 2 weeks later...

This break in the league give us a chance for McCarthy. Durmus and McPherson to recover from their injuries. And Wallace look like he took a knock towards the end of the Hearts game. I think hes still a good player. We should have signed him in November when we had the chance. Anyway let Hearts and Accies worry. Coys.

PS. I was in the main stand for the Hearts game. The atmosphere from the West Stand was amazing. Really were the 12th man. [emoji469][emoji469][emoji469][emoji469]