IF remaining games are played behind doors (solution)

The Scottish Government's decision on curtailing crowds over 500 is nothing to do with the potential risks of the virus spreading.
1) Quote from the BBC online news reporting First Minister's Questions today (Thursday 12th March) in the Scottish Parliament. 
During First Minister's Questions on Thursday, Ms Sturgeon said the scientific advice suggested that cancelling mass gatherings
"will not in itself have a significant impact on reducing the spread of the virus".  

2) The First Minister's reasoning for the move is, and I quote, 
"Mass gatherings require to be policed, they require to have emergency ambulance cover, they require the services of voluntary health services.

At a time when we need to be reducing the pressures on these frontline workers - in order to free them up to focus on the significant challenge that lies ahead - I do think it's inappropriate that we continue as normal."

2 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:
2) The First Minister's reasoning for the move is, and I quote, 
"Mass gatherings require to be policed, they require to have emergency ambulance cover, they require the services of voluntary health services.

At a time when we need to be reducing the pressures on these frontline workers 

Aren't they also under pressure when they have those silly walks every other week in Glasgow and surrounding areas and that also includes her followers.

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'm sure the Centralised Police Scotland can cope magnificently!

All those improvements they have undergone! emoji850.png

Like closing down police stations and making police constables invisible,(not invincible) I presume.     

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or..... if it came to pass remaining fixtures were going behind closed doors. Then thrash out a deal with tv companies to have super weekends, or midweeks. With multiple games hosted at same venue.
Costs shared, pump tv for emergency extra sponsorship, access through club portals.
Perhaps even shorten the season by conducting play offs BCD to determine who ends up in Europe, and in the regular playoffs...
Top six/ bottom six play offs (as it stands) to get to the final..?

Actually some good ideas in there. 

If the playoffs carry of as well, they should be one off affairs at neutral venues. 

I'd also go for a nationwide scrapping of the Saturday 3pm broadcast ban, allow any club who wants to, screen all games home and away without restriction from now until end of the season. 

Now call me a cynic but with 5 premier league footballers (at Man City, Chelsea and Leicester) and a manager (Arteta) now testing positive or having to self isolate as a precaution in England, this is likely going to stop the weekend fixtures going ahead down south. 

I'm sure that delaying this 'until Monday' in Scotland is just a coincidence and has no bearing on the fact that the old firm game is on Sunday. We've seen how fast things are happening.... the lay of the land has changed pretty drastically in the last 4 or 5 days.... in a weeks time, the decision to let these fixtures go ahead is going to look naive at best and pretty reckless at worst. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Now call me a cynic but with 5 premier league footballers (at Man City, Chelsea and Leicester) and a manager (Arteta) now testing positive or having to self isolate as a precaution in England, this is likely going to stop the weekend fixtures going ahead down south. 

I'm sure that delaying this 'until Monday' in Scotland is just a coincidence and has no bearing on the fact that the old firm game is on Sunday. We've seen how fast things are happening.... the lay of the land has changed pretty drastically in the last 4 or 5 days.... in a weeks time, the decision to let these fixtures go ahead is going to look naive at best and pretty reckless at worst. 

How do you know where these players/managers caught the virus?

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How do you know where these players/managers caught the virus?

You don't for sure.

Arteta, likely as a result of contact with the Olympiakos chairman who has it, Mendy.... Family member apparently. 

That's the issue with a large gathering of people in the grip of a pandemic. There are likely several carriers who do not display any symptoms. 

My point anyway is that without a doubt, if the Old Firm wasn't this weekend, this would not even be discussed. We'd have shut it down there and then. Stating your intentions publicly the immediate seriousness of the situation and saying 'but only from Monday' is totally absurd. 

33 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Didn’t someone say the other day that if the season was abandoned, the league positions at the point of abandonment would stand?

I think something similar happened in Chile a few years ago but there is no precedence for this in modern European football and certainly not at this stage in the season.

It's really the only way if it gets cancelled. For me it's far more palatable than null and voiding the entire season of football, though I do admit, I'd probably have a different viewpoint if Wednesday had gone differently and we were currently bottom. :lol: 

Edited by djchapsticks