IF remaining games are played behind doors (solution)

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

BBC News - Coronavirus: UK deaths double in 24 hours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51889957

It's only my thoughts on this but I think logic tells us that It's highly likely that the number of people to contract the virus will rise, possibly exponentially. I also believe that those who claim  trying to contain the virus by quarantining is "kicking the can down the street". No matter what we do the virus is already in circulation and no doubt will have a major impact. How many die is open to debate. The number already infected is open for debate. What is for sure is, for younger healthier people, the best thing for them would be to get infected  and allow their immune system to do its job.

What I ask is, is this just natures way of weeding out due to excessive population?

Just think of it this way and it is a horrible thought. This is more efficient than a world war as it culls due to infirmity and age. If it goes the course it will leave the world with a nett younger, fitter population and reduce the need for state help. 

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
6 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Are you running out of toilet rolls? 
Give up the emotional blackmail, it doesn't wash...........:thumbsdown
The facts, remember them, don't back up your rambling dramatic drivel. 
You post so many lies you have no credibility at all. 
Stick to the numbers that are real......................worldwide, that's the whole wide world, 5,436 deaths and you still persist with 300,000 - 500,000 in the UK? emoji38.png

That what the govt say, I have no idea how right/wrong there estimates are. But I know when an asshole like Trump goes from declaring the whole thing is a Hoax, to declaring a National Emergency... shits happening.

Gov says 80% of us will  get it ,with1_3% dying could amount to at least 1 million!

Compare that to China which had complete lockdown in areas and you will see our so called plan is nonsense 

2 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Gov says 80% of us will  get it ,with1_3% dying could amount to at least 1 million!

Compare that to China which had complete lockdown in areas and you will see our so called plan is nonsense 

FFS, they say UP TO 80%, worst case scenario, depending on what time scale you put on it. 

The world has, tragic as it is for each and every one, seen 5,617, do you, or any sensible person REALLY see 1m in the UK?

Also, "lock down", how many emotive words can people come up with? 

Jeezo, anyhow, the local supermarket had nutters queuing up at 7:00am this morning.

Aye, no hysteria right enough. 

It's only my thoughts on this but I think logic tells us that It's highly likely that the number of people to contract the virus will rise, possibly exponentially. I also believe that those who claim  trying to contain the virus by quarantining is "kicking the can down the street". No matter what we do the virus is already in circulation and no doubt will have a major impact. How many die is open to debate. The number already infected is open for debate. What is for sure is, for younger healthier people, the best thing for them would be to get infected  and allow their immune system to do its job.
What I ask is, is this just natures way of weeding out due to excessive population?
Just think of it this way and it is a horrible thought. This is more efficient than a world war as it culls due to infirmity and age. If it goes the course it will leave the world with a nett younger, fitter population and reduce the need for state help. 
I am self isolating now. Showing a couple of possible symptoms. And I have been very careful. So doubt it can be checked at all now.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:
2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I am self isolating now. Showing a couple of possible symptoms. And I have been very careful. So doubt it can be checked at all now.

Oh, how funny is this, runs around screaming and now, somehow, has got it. :lol:

Nature doesn't have an "aim" to do anything. The fact is that diseases/viruses spread quicker in higher density populations and so, generally, the higher the population, the more "crowded" it will be and the quicker the disease/virus will spread, infecting a higher number of people.

Now, if you believed in some sort of divine being, then this pandemic would no doubt be this being's will, some sort of punishment for our evil ways. After all, all these divine beings have master plans that can't be changed.
Feckin knew Kibble were behind it.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's funny that someone in the vulnerable group has possibly caught coronavirus?

Do you take sandwiches and go watch funerals too?

It's just ironic that the biggest drama queen says he's got symptoms.

Probably the sniffles.

Nice of you to let everybody know, more "look at me" behaviour. :byebye

It's just ironic that the biggest drama queen says he's got symptoms.
Probably the sniffles.
Nice of you to let everybody know, more "look at me" behaviour. :byebye
Sorry wheres the drama in repeating what the govt have put out on all media channels, compared to someone screaming blue murder like Trump that is all a Hoax..!
Feck me that's some own goal. lol

This is what happened to me today at the shops. I think that one of the most unreported side effects of this Coronavirus situation is that it's making people incredibly rude.

I was in Waitrose this morning when I asked a lady working there,

“Is there any more toilet paper?”

She screamed,

“GET AWAY FROM ME!!”

before running off, and fetching security.

To make matters worse I then had to shuffle all the way back to the toilets with my trousers and pants round my ankles whereupon I had to wipe my arse with a sock.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

This is what happened to me today at the shops. I think that one of the most unreported side effects of this Coronavirus situation is that it's making people incredibly rude.

She screamed,

“GET AWAY FROM ME!!”

To make matters worse I then had to shuffle all the way back to the toilets with my trousers and pants round my ankles whereupon I had to wipe my arse with a sock.

Deleted the first but, more shite.

Faintly amusing the rest, keep it up, ya walloper. :wink:

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry wheres the drama in repeating what the govt have put out on all media channels, compared to someone screaming blue murder like Trump that is all a Hoax..!
Feck me that's some own goal. lol

She screamed,

“GET AWAY FROM ME!!”

That's all very believable, apart from the bit where you shop in Waitrose.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Interesting post, and I'd say you pretty much express my thoughts on the matter.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I too have been self-isolating, bar a couple of naughty trips to the shop. Not all of my symptoms are consistent with those of the Coronavirus, as I have been sneezing and have a blocked nose, but I also have a dry cough, fever and a headache. The NHS advice line told me to self-isolate as a precaution. 

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
10 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Are you running out of toilet rolls? 
Give up the emotional blackmail, it doesn't wash...........:thumbsdown
The facts, remember them, don't back up your rambling dramatic drivel. 
You post so many lies you have no credibility at all. 
Stick to the numbers that are real......................worldwide, that's the whole wide world, 5,436 deaths and you still persist with 300,000 - 500,000 in the UK? emoji38.png

That what the govt say, I have no idea how right/wrong there estimates are. But I know when an asshole like Trump goes from declaring the whole thing is a Hoax, to declaring a National Emergency... shits happening.

Ach LPM you know the Wee man doesn't have either a clue or an opinion but merely wants to keep his post count up. By the way, I agree with you on Trump

I too have been self-isolating, bar a couple of naughty trips to the shop. Not all of my symptoms are consistent with those of the Coronavirus, as I have been sneezing and have a blocked nose, but I also have a dry cough, fever and a headache. The NHS advice line told me to self-isolate as a precaution. 
Same as me bud. Hopefully that's it.

Ok, so some of these numbers sound big and scary, but for me they need context. 
Let’s say the govt estimate is right, and over the duration of this epidemic, 1,000,000 people in the UK die.

What I’d like to know (and I could probably just google it if I wasn’t such a lazy f**ker) is how many people die in the UK every year? Secondly, how many “extra” people will die as a result of CV (so I guess what I’m really saying  is how many of the folk who will die from CV, would’ve died this year anyway?). Answers to those two questions would possibly make those big scary numbers a little bit less big and scary.

As for the self isolating thing, I’ve been doing it for the last week having returned from France with mild symptoms (fairly persistent cough). Last night it got much worse and I spent an hour with my head down the bog as my coughing had become so bad it was making me sick. This morning I phoned the Jersey helpline and they have said that I need to self isolate for another 7 days and they will be calling me on Monday with a view to getting tested. The rationale for the testing is apparently the France angle rather than my symptoms. 
Now, other than the obvious boredom, the self isolating thing is not a big deal for me. I have full remote access to all my work systems and can work from home pretty much as if I was in the office.

Without wanting to sound all holier than thou, my rationale for self isolating is not to protect myself. I’m fairly ambivalent to catching the virus.  Without wanting to tempt fate or take anything for granted, I’m a fairly healthy 53 year old man and hopefully I’d cope with it just fine. What I don’t want to do is infect some poor f**ker who might not be so lucky. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Let’s say the govt estimate is right, and over the duration of this epidemic, 1,000,000 people in the UK die.

5,814 have died in the world, including China and Italy, what makes ANYBODY think 1,000,000 will die in the UK? 

I'm aghast people can see this as a possibility. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What I’d like to know (and I could probably just google it if I wasn’t such a lazy f**ker) is how many people die in the UK every year? Secondly, how many “extra” people will die as a result of CV (so I guess what I’m really saying  is how many of the folk who will die from CV, would’ve died this year anyway?). Answers to those two questions would possibly make those big scary numbers a little bit less big and scary.

As for the self isolating thing, I’ve been doing it for the last week having returned from France with mild symptoms (fairly persistent cough). Last night it got much worse and I spent an hour with my head down the bog as my coughing had become so bad it was making me sick. This morning I phoned the Jersey helpline and they have said that I need to self isolate for another 7 days and they will be calling me on Monday with a view to getting tested. The rationale for the testing is apparently the France angle rather than my symptoms. 
Now, other than the obvious boredom, the self isolating thing is not a big deal for me. I have full remote access to all my work systems and can work from home pretty much as if I was in the office.

Without wanting to sound all holier than thou, my rationale for self isolating is not to protect myself. I’m fairly ambivalent to catching the virus.  Without wanting to tempt fate or take anything for granted, I’m a fairly healthy 53 year old man and hopefully I’d cope with it just fine. What I don’t want to do is infect so poor f**ker who might not be so lucky. 

To help the suffering on here, just fecking log off  :byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

5,814 have died in the world, including China and Italy, what makes ANYBODY think 1,000,000 will die in the UK? 

I'm aghast people can see this as a possibility. 

I’m not disagreeing with your what I’m saying is IF (and I accept it’s a big if) that number is accurate, where does it sit in context to a normal year. I’ve no idea. That said, I accept my first question is probably a very easy one to answer. The second one we won’t be able to answer until the virus has gone.