IF remaining games are played behind doors (solution)

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

I see we are said to be one of the five clubs unable to Finish the season due to not having enough players under contract we better hope for our sake they end it now. 

It definitely will be ended, it's all just a bit of a bun fight right now but the season is over. 

I would take the five clubs with a pinch of salt, three clubs that will be happy to end a relegation battle, one that's happy to secure third and one that's had a very disappointing season compared to last year. 

58 minutes ago, elvis said:

I see we are said to be one of the five clubs unable to Finish the season due to not having enough players under contract we better hope for our sake they end it now. 

Well that will save us money. Also glad that Wank Broadfoot did buggered off to Killie saving us his wages.  

Teams will pay what they can and get on with it. 
Players will probably get what they deserve. 
Maybe the players can get jobs elsewhere and play football for the fun of it. 
The beautiful game. 

I know you’re at it Shull but I’ll bite anyway. In order for teams to play, even behind closed doors, the furlough scheme no longer applies. So St Mirren would have to play players and staff with no income stream. This is a non starter. Call the league over now. We can look at a new season when fans are able to return, even if that is a year from now. TV money could potentially allow the big 5 leagues to finish behind closed doors, but, other than Germany, even that seems unlikely

Football is now thankfully bankrupt thanks to idiotic Clubs paying players undeserved salaries. 

Time now for players to PAY TO PLAY. 

They should have employment outside soccer and use some of their funds to pay their Club to give them a Game. 

It's the only way to revive the beautiful game. 

My daughter and all her teammates pay Twenty Pounds each a month to keep their football club going. 

I am extremely serious Cambiebud. 

Let it all die and Clubs also. 

And begin again. 

I would hope there would be interest among some in Paisley to resurrect Abercorn Football Club.

Sevco and Celtic would not be permitted to return although an amalgamated version would be welcome.  

36 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

I know you’re at it Shull but I’ll bite anyway. In order for teams to play, even behind closed doors, the furlough scheme no longer applies. So St Mirren would have to play players and staff with no income stream. This is a non starter. Call the league over now. We can look at a new season when fans are able to return, even if that is a year from now. TV money could potentially allow the big 5 leagues to finish behind closed doors, but, other than Germany, even that seems unlikely

See what you've done? :lol:

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Thanks for feedback Cambiebud. I was having time off from the Forum today but I am thrilled to be back so quickly and contributing. 

First step to getting over another one of your unhealthy habits? You can do it Shull, if you can kick smoking you can kick the anger you have at other people enjoying football & the pain at not being able to do anything about it. 

Who spoke there 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

Incidentally, I love the Forum and it is most certainly not a problem or bad habit. 

Ideal to read and contribute to between hires during my working day. 

Couldn't be more contentit. 

3 hours ago, elvis said:

I'm glad of this as it means we aren't tied down to too many long term contracts on a pre-coronavirus budget. We will be able to adjust our finances accordingly for next season without as much trouble as other clubs.

There isn't a chance of this season continuing so we don't need to worry about that.

45 minutes ago, shull said:

Who spoke there 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

Incidentally, I love the Forum and it is most certainly not a problem or bad habit. 

Ideal to read and contribute to between hires during my working day. 

Couldn't be more contentit. 

Probably thought you "loved" fags and St Mirren in the past. Admittance is the first step to kicking a toxic habit. Just need to look at the bitterness and grudges you can't get over as evidence. 

Mind that Jack Ross Challenge cup game? Sammy in the HoF... Very healthy still to be raging about such important matters :whistle

17 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Probably thought you "loved" fags and St Mirren in the past. Admittance is the first step to kicking a toxic habit. Just need to look at the bitterness and grudges you can't get over as evidence. 

Mind that Jack Ross Challenge cup game? Sammy in the HoF... Very healthy still to be raging about such important matters :whistle

By feck ur as boring as..zzzzzz

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

By feck ur as boring as..zzzzzz

You don’t seem bored, you seem more upset. Me commenting on a thread doesn’t impact your life.

It’s also shown people ignoring him never stops Shull. I’m trying to help him through his demons ffs. 😂

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You don’t seem bored, you seem more upset. Me commenting on a thread doesn’t impact your life.

It’s also shown people ignoring him never stops Shull. I’m trying to help him through his demons ffs. 😂

Why not help the people who are ignoring Shit by not quoting his tedious posts?

YOU are feeding the ego. You are a big part of our problem with him.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Why not help the people who are ignoring Shit by not quoting his tedious posts?

YOU are feeding the ego. You are a big part of our problem with him.

I don't mind it, I actually think it's good fun. 

People ignoring him are free to continue doing so. Most threads are pretty dead anyway. 

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don't mind it, I actually think it's good fun. 

People ignoring him are free to continue doing so. Most threads are pretty dead anyway. 

Kinda hard to blank the Shit out when you quote it, though...

And I DO wonder why threads are pretty dead...

Why don't people flock in here, as they used to?  :unsure:

I guess it depends on what you view as being 'good fun'...

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Do you not realise how boring and repetitive you are?

25 minutes ago, antrin said:

Kinda hard to blank the Shit out when you quote it, though...

And I DO wonder why threads are pretty dead...

Why don't people flock in here, as they used to?  :unsure:

I guess it depends on what you view as being 'good fun'...

This type of thread has been on a downward spiral for a long-time. More effective ways to discuss all things SMFC nowadays (Facebook, Twitter for example). It isn't down to any one or small number of contributors as suggested. Can see similar in many fan sites. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This type of thread has been on a downward spiral for a long-time. More effective ways to discuss all things SMFC nowadays (Facebook, Twitter for example). It isn't down to any one or small number of contributors as suggested. Can see similar in many fan sites. 

Been mentioned many times but just for the fun of it, the half wits that use the St Mirren Facebook page are mostly certifiable. :1eye

It's like the wild west for stupid people, anything goes.