Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

Due to a long shutdown. 

Fecking hope so and serves them all right. 

FECKEM.

And when they all reform, hopefully they will mostly be Part Time and charging no more than £9 admission price.

And there should be just 40 new Clubs. 

Just what the beautiful game needs.   

League suspension could have 'devastating impact'

c2293060-8218-4892-b1ef-1c3f540ae683.png

BBC Radio 5 Live

Brian Caldwell, Shrewsbury Town chief executive, on the financial impact of postponements or cancellations: "We’ve got five home games left, you are probably looking at £200,000-£250,000 would be lost by not having the income from not just tickets but bars, hospitality, programming income and everything else that we at this level all rely on.

“It could have a devastating effect on some clubs potentially having that loss of income.”

Edited by Doakes

Cash will be king if the league is suspended.

Banks wont lend to the majority of clubs and most of the clubs costs will continue while the revenue takes a nose dive.

Historically Board members of the Club would contribute 6 figure sum to tide over the club when cash was tight.

So if the club need cash now, then who on the board is going to sort and we now now have two Kibble members so will Kibble be contributing.

This is potentially a disaster for a vast number of Scottish Football Clubs, let alone all the other Sports and Business that live hand to mouth

53 minutes ago, shull said:

Due to a long shutdown. 

FECKEM.

And when they all reform, hopefully they will mostly be Part Time and charging no more than £9 admission price.

It is a strategy....I guess

So Farewell Then Scottish Football 

Good riddance. 

Took up to £30 a match off loyal supporters. 

Gave all the money to absolutely shite players and divers. 

Therefore, no rainy day fund. 

FECKEM 

31 minutes ago, rea said:

Banks wont lend to the majority of clubs and most of the clubs costs will continue while the revenue takes a nose dive.

Historically Board members of the Club would contribute 6 figure sum to tide over the club when cash was tight.

So if the club need cash now, then who on the board is going to sort and we now now have two Kibble members so will Kibble be contributing.

This is potentially a disaster for a vast number of Scottish Football Clubs, let alone all the other Sports and Business that live hand to mouth

Richard, is the club likely to have business continuity insurance?

53 minutes ago, rea said:

I have been saying for years that Saints should be building a rainy day fund.

Well it certainly appears to be pissing down now.

2 hours ago, shull said:

Due to a long shutdown. 

FECKEM.

The rage from the powerless 😂🤫

7 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Going to be an interesting time, that's for sure. 

I wonder how many football clubs will look to create some sort of e-Sport competition. If people are going to be house bound soon then the social element as well as the entertainment element could become quite important as well as providing some sort of revenue. 

Decent shout. Northbank guys had a FIFA tournament not long ago and we have some young guys who must be close to e-sports level players. Far better than me anyway :lol::( 

Think websites like Twitch can be a good source of income

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

Richard, is the club likely to have business continuity insurance?

They will have business interruption insurance however I have noticed on the majority of the policies I deal with there is an exclusion in the event of a pandemic announced by the World Health Organisation therefore insurance companies are not going to pick this up for the vast majority of businesses.

2 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Would you really want that though? Seriously? 

After the crisis is over St Mirren would be remembered as the club that scrambled about looking for a desperate way to break legal contracts so as not to pay employees. 

A lot of what happens in football currently is hard to stomach if you have principles but that would turn me away completely. 

Eh? eh?

It's not what I want and its not possibly applicable to St Mirren.  The likelihood of 'small print' would be universally applicable throughout the football industry.  There will be circumstances whereby clubs would be incapable of paying wages in circumstances where, for example, there is a social upheaval and, as I said, wars etc.  

32 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Well, at least it helps time-wise to get our injured players back to fitness.  This is an unprecedented situation and I wonder if the players will still be paid as it could last for some considerable time.

you would still get paid if your work stopped selling its "product" the players will also. One issue would be if they extend the season, players will be out of contract, so not only will Club face the losses from the shutdown but it will cost them more to put the squads back on the pitch after the point in the season when they would assume less waged as less players on the books

12 minutes ago, Desnold said:

They will have business interruption insurance however I have noticed on the majority of the policies I deal with there is an exclusion in the event of a pandemic announced by the World Health Organisation therefore insurance companies are not going to pick this up for the vast majority of businesses.

They might have now, but i dont recall buying it when I was doing it previously and i dont think BI cover would cover for this sort of interuption