Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

Just now, ALBIONSAINT said:

What the hell is wrong with you man? Will you be dancing with delight if people can’t afford taxis anymore? 

it’s times like this we should be pulling together to help the club, real people, with real jobs work at the club and are at risk of losing there livelihood. Not to mention the countless pubs & catering outlets, grow up. 

Aye, the results of this will spread to many other people and business's. 

An piece on BBC news today highlighted this very issue, too many to mention but if this goes on could be the end for some business's. 

17 hours ago, delpierro said:
23 hours ago, shull said:
Due to a long shutdown. 
Fecking hope so and serves them all right. 
FECKEM.
And when they all reform, hopefully they will mostly be Part Time and charging no more than £9 admission price.
And there should be just 40 new Clubs. 
Just what the beautiful game needs.   

Maybe it will push summer fitba' in to contention.

Hope not.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the results of this will spread to many other people and business's. 

An piece on BBC news today highlighted this very issue, too many to mention but if this goes on could be the end for some business's. 

My only hope through this is that banks go easy on these smaller businesses who are struggling to make ends meet.

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

I am interested to see how this pans out down in England with the massive wages they pay can see a few clubs go In to melt down. 

Up here as well. We are in a relatively stable position in that we don't have the largest wage bill in the league and are already on a sound enough footing financially.

Clubs like Hearts and the Dundee clubs who are already in the financial shitter and burning through wages with no incomes will surely be at risk.

43 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

What the hell is wrong with you man? Will you be dancing with delight if people can’t afford taxis anymore? 

it’s times like this we should be pulling together to help the club, real people, with real jobs work at the club and are at risk of losing there livelihood. Not to mention the countless pubs & catering outlets, grow up. 

Dry your fecking eyes. 

It's football. 

Ripping the arse out of addicted fans for years. 

Feck the lot of them and you. 

I will get another job. 

Stupid thread title - the corona virus kills a small percentage of people infected not clubs - clubs don't have immune systems, cannot catch the virus and they will still go on - 

Aye there will be some worries about finances, but many if not every business is in the same boat . . . clubs are not a special case !

56 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Stupid thread title - the corona virus kills a small percentage of people infected not clubs - clubs don't have immune systems, cannot catch the virus and they will still go on - 

Aye there will be some worries about finances, but many if not every business is in the same boat . . . clubs are not a special case !

Jesus loves me this I fecking know. 

Cos the Bible fecking telt me so. 

BORING BORING UNCLE COLM WEIRDO. 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Its happening already. A few clubs have been setting up competitions. I was sent one last night from Leyton Orient trying to get a tournament sorted with 62 fans from different clubs. 

If there is to be some sort of lock down it could be a great way to create a social element through the club support. I'm shite at Fifa but Id be up for playing

Thought you were a customer, not a fan  ?

6 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Would you have to be a fan to pay money? Even if its free would it not be more interesting beating Morton fans? 

Just wondering how you got an invite since it was sent out to fans of clubs, not customers.

On 3/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, Mid Calder Saint said:

Abandon promotion and relegation perfect opportunity for league reconstruction top league of 16 teams 30 games and get rid of the ridiculous split

Posted this earlier Mid Calder and agree. Hearts might be in favour as might Hamilton and Ross County as well as Dundee United, Inverness Caley, Dundee and Ayr. 

5 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Basher would be all over that.

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

Its happening already. A few clubs have been setting up competitions. I was sent one last night from Leyton Orient trying to get a tournament sorted with 62 fans from different clubs. 

If there is to be some sort of lock down it could be a great way to create a social element through the club support. I'm shite at Fifa but Id be up for playing

I fear my Barry Lavety/e-sports mini joke-ette has been overlooked here.

Barcabhoy (a poster on Celtic forums and TSF The Scottish Football Forum) produced the above table a while ago.  It is a wee bit out of date now (December) and Motherwell, for instance, are more solid with some player sales made.

Sevco just needs that £30m for Morelos and it'll be ok, too.

Or a unicorn to lay them a golden egg...?

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Barcabhoy (a poster on Celtic forums and TSF The Scottish Football Forum) produced the above table a while ago.  It is a wee bit out of date now (December) and Motherwell, for instance, are more solid with some player sales made.

There is no way he could possibly know the current cash position of each club in the league or the monthly outgoings.

He may be guessing based on previous years accounts but that's a different matter altogether.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There is no way he could possibly know the current cash position of each club in the league or the monthly outgoings.

He may be guessing based on previous years accounts but that's a different matter altogether.

Good edit.  Barca knows his stuff.

ps

wrt sevco - King removed them from any place that demanded a reporting of accounts or freedom of info.  And it has not got a line of credit from any bank.  Plus King has been given the Cold Shoulder by the City of London.   There have been Erratic statements about financial situations, in the Big Hoose.  Lots of smoke and mirrors - though apparently there are now a couple of Asian investors with a spare £10m each to offer.

These are certainly interesting times.  :)

Edited by antrin

15 minutes ago, antrin said:

At the present moment, more chance with the golden egg.  Watch the English clubs when they starve of TV and sponsorship money. 

57 minutes ago, pod said:

At the present moment, more chance with the golden egg.  Watch the English clubs when they starve of TV and sponsorship money. 

Anyone who has tracked the English game for a while knows it's been on a knife-edge for ages.

I think we'll have seen the last of the ridiculously inflated TV deals, too. 

Corona is going to be a huge watershed moment, for football and for society.