Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

14 hours ago, Yflab said:

If Villa go down this year they may be forced to sell Meatball. 

Will even the big clubs be in a position to buy players whenever they get back to playing  ?

The value of all players could well drop due to a lack of cash by all clubs. 

2 hours ago, Dickson said:

f**k them! Seriously! And any other club in the same position! They've had their warnings and they've failed to change the way they operate. If Stewart Gilmour is right St Mirren are fecking lucky too. 

Your earlier post about Nairn County shows just how football clubs should be run. Cash in the bank and an ability to help their local community. Fantastic. I bet their support are proud of the way their club has been run. 

Nairn County wasn't always in that position and they got lucky the locals bailed them out a few years ago. 

Certainly well done to them now for not falling into the same trap as before. 

All clubs are responsible for themselves and it will be up to the fans of those club if they want to save them.

Just now, Yflab said:

That depends on whether the league completes or is declared null and void. I can see broadcasters and sponsors wanting money back if the latter is true.

I'd be surprised if this makes a significant difference.

Not saying there won't be a reduction but the futures still looking bright and neither parties will want to jeopardize future agreements.

There won't be, IMO, anywhere near the gloom hoped for by some. 

16 minutes ago, Yflab said:

That depends on whether the league completes or is declared null and void. I can see broadcasters and sponsors wanting money back if the latter is true.

Doubt that would happen, as using the same logic, subscribers could claim the money back from Sky Sports, BT Sport, etc. Would open a can of worms which they wouldn't want to do.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

How much cash will they actually be losing?

I wouldn't know but I would guess plenty on matchday due to English club being able to take a lot more money in on the day due to being able to sell beers. 

Tours around their grounds during the week. I was quoted £40 for Spurs 6 months ago while I was in London.

Sponsors may well start to withdraw from clubs.

At the moment all clubs are paying out but doubtful if any money is going in.

You know all this anyway 

Guest TPAFKATS

Germany champions league clubs pledge 20million to be shared out amongst bundesliga 1 and 2 teams who are struggling.
Really don't see that catching on in either Scotland or England.

Interesting quote on P&B from a guy call Skyline Drifter (early Marillion song :specs) who is an accountant & involved with QotS in an official capacity...

First to publish it maybe. Most clubs have been in furlough either mostly or entirely since the option was made available. We certainly have. Queen of the South closed all operations from 20th March and sent everyone home.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I;m not reading through all the shite in a hope of joining in a similar discussion, but Furlough should be the norm for ALL Professional football players.  Why should they be treated any different? 

If they have a massive Mortgage, then they can take a break in payments.

If they have betting debts, hell mend them. 

If they have to cut down on their Tattoos, so be it!  Think of the money they are saving on Coiffures  🧔  👨‍🦲

Plenty of people would love to get up to £2,500 a month.

I hope Saints are using this scheme, like all sensible businesses should..

Stay Safe all 😷

On 3/27/2020 at 3:10 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Germany champions league clubs pledge 20million to be shared out amongst bundesliga 1 and 2 teams who are struggling.
Really don't see that catching on in either Scotland or England.

Another example as if it were needed that Germany just oozes class in every aspect of football. From the very top to the very bottom.

The country that should be the pro forma for football the world over. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, shull said:

Hopefully , we can avoid taking a Loan

So championship clubs some of whom are as well off as us and in Hearts case much better off get a gift whereas we have to pay it back . In fact some of them will increase their income from last year especially if they have sold season tickets. Don't get the logic in that

1 hour ago, Oldfellow said:

So championship clubs some of whom are as well off as us and in Hearts case much better off get a gift whereas we have to pay it back . In fact some of them will increase their income from last year especially if they have sold season tickets. Don't get the logic in that

Clubs below the Premiership get much lower prize money and much lower TV money.

No way should Premier football teams be getting grants from the government. There is more than enough money to go round at the top level if teams are prepared to share the pain and ALL of these top teams should have been saving up money for a rainy day such as this.