Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

Not worried at all.
If they all died tomorrow, not a problem.
They could all start again on a Part Time basis. 
Perfect.
Not what you wanted when you started the thread. Shame for you that it will still be 42 clubs and £20 plus to watch the Saints when life gets back to normal [emoji23]

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not what you wanted when you started the thread. Shame for you that it will still be 42 clubs and £20 plus to watch the Saints when life gets back to normal emoji23.png

Wouldn't go to a game if it was free.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not what you wanted when you started the thread. Shame for you that it will still be 42 clubs and £20 plus to watch the Saints when life gets back to normal emoji23.png

More of a bugger for those attending.

Paying near thirty quid for Knee Bending Marxist supporting players.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Celtic are coming under increasing flak for their Dubai trip. Ok for them to fly off in the middle of a pandemic, but we lose points for car sharing and sitting to close at lunch. 

And to think the SPFL sanctioned this. They really do make things up on a day to day basis. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55535738

Edited by munoz

2 hours ago, delpierro said:

End the season now:
Rangers Champions
Ross County and HAMILTON DOWN (well im calling it, so the cunts are down emoji39.png)

Eh, um..

The End.

The only thing remotely right about your post is the connection between Rangers and The End.

pretty gutting for the loyal fans.
No need to keep harping on about how they never bailed their club out when it went bust.  

6 hours ago, munoz said:

I see Celtic are coming under increasing flak for their Dubai trip. Ok for them to fly off in the middle of a pandemic, but we lose points for car sharing and sitting to close at lunch. 

And to think the SPFL sanctioned this. They really do make things up on a day to day basis. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55535738

Absolute joke it is.

They should start with a embarrasing apology to the club and all our supporters. corruption of the highest order.

Arseholes... Don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining 

12 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Making reference to the three nil defeats. Ross County lose out big style, through no fault of their own. Which is totally unfair. 

You could argue that every other club, bar Motherwell and Hamilton lose out. 

Edited by munoz

58 minutes ago, munoz said:

You could argue that every other club, bar Motherwell and Hamilton lose out. 

I don't think there is any argument. What worries me is if the powers that be decide to be vindictive and attempt to take points off us and Killie. That would be even more detrimental to us.

16 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Would Hamilton and Motherwell not complain if that happened as they would both argue they have not had a chance to play for those points?

If they deduct points from us and Killie and then allow the games to be played, then that would be fairer to Accies and Well.

Sorry. I didn't clarify. Obviously the games would need to be played under those circumstances. It was more to emphasise the detrimental effect the deduction of points would be to us as it would mean we were 6 points worse off in respect to ALL clubs in the league.

Edited by stlucifer

Sorry. I didn't clarify. Obviously the games would need to be played under those circumstances. It was more to emphasise the detrimental effect the deduction of points would be to us as it would mean we were 6 points worse off in respect to ALL clubs in the league.
It would be and I wouldn't want that but in reality it would be fairer, though still over the top.

There is the danger of course, that the SPFL may standby their original decision for fear of being accused of, 'double standards'  and penalise Celtic for their misdemeanour especially since Celtic are out of a potential league winning position.  But, if they did, it would put the SPFL in a permanent watchdog predicament looking out for other clubs' transgressions and if other clubs did appeal the bureaucratic burden would be too excessive leading to a successful Saints appeal. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

They might have no choice if the government get involved. If it happened relatively soon, there is no way they would be able to call champions and relegation like they did last season at such an early stage. 

I might well happen in the lower leagues,  but cant see the Premiership being halted. 

According to Radio Clyde the other night 26 matches played is the minimum magic number for the league to be called but as they also pointed out letting Celtic(f##k off to Dubai) when they are 3 games behind wasnt the best move.

They might have no choice if the government get involved. If it happened relatively soon, there is no way they would be able to call champions and relegation like they did last season at such an early stage. 

All the more important that we beat Motherwell tomorrow.
Sadly I still have a feeling we will lose our appeal. Unless anyone can suggest otherwise as we admitted to breaching a number of protocols that may have led to those two games being called off due to not being able to field a team. 

It's the "may have" that's the issue. As they can't prove it one way or other then the only thing the punishment can be for is breaking the "covid rules" and, if that's the case, they should have to award 3-0 defeats to (at least) United and Celtic - but against who?

If it is upheld, then it is just more evidence that Scottish fitba is run by a bunch of clowns.