Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

Quite clearly the SPFL had previously voted against forfeiture of games and 3-0 awards so something has to be changed I look around the English Leagues and there has been no talk whatsoever of punishments of the nature handed out to us and Killie.Commonsense has to prevail we are in the middle of a World Pandemic and we are all learning.

If you believe that then you already know why we've been punished and you'll have answered your own questions.
This is about the severity of the punishment and you want our defence team to go in with some distracting, wittering pish about them having to prove we are guilty when we've already admitted it?

What do you think the SFA will do?
I will be surprised if they overrule the judgement. 

No idea what they'll do. As I've said, it's Scottish fitba authorities, I've long given up trying to work out their "logic".

If you believe that then you already know why we've been punished and you'll have answered your own questions.
This is about the severity of the punishment and you want our defence team to go in with some distracting, wittering pish about them having to prove we are guilty when we've already admitted it?

FFS, I thought you understood English.

Where did I say I want them to prove we are guilty? They can't prove anything (other than what we admitted to), so why would I want them to do so?

I've already explained what the problems with the punishment are.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I think the subtlety here is that we’ve already admitted to breaching the rules. We haven’t admitted to the rule breaches being the reason our players contracted Covid. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think the subtlety here is that we’ve already admitted to breaching the rules. We haven’t admitted to the rule breaches being the reason our players contracted Covid. 

Yeah, I've realised this is one of slarti's legendary hair-splitting arguments.

To make my point until I realised the game you were playing.
Sorry, was that a trick question?
Not playing a game at all. We seem to have been punished for something that we weren't "charged" with and something that can't be proven. Quite simple really.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Wouldn't get too excited, means little, and certainly nothing to do with our ongoing situation. 

Am assuming nothing. Would not want anyone to catch the virus but the situation may help support our appeal. Or it may not.

Graham Alexander is at Pittodrie the new rules state if you can work from home you should do so and pretty sure you are only allowed outside your council area for essential reasons???

Is this an essential reason travelling 150 miles to Aberdeen to watch a football match not involving his team that he could watch at home live on TV???

Am assuming nothing. Would not want anyone to catch the virus but the situation may help support our appeal. Or it may not.
Absolutely won't. 
PS See my edit. 

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Graham Alexander is at Pittodrie the new rules state if you can work from home you should do so and pretty sure you are only allowed outside your council area for essential reasons???

Is this an essential reason travelling 150 miles to Aberdeen to watch a football match not involving his team that he could watch at home live on TV???

What's that got to do with the two quotes? :blink:

You were discussing Celtic player testing positive after Dubai trip and whether it would help or not in our appeal imo seeing a Rival manager travelling 150 miles to watch a match not involving his team should also (along with Celtic trip/positive test) be used in the appeal as the rules seem to be full of loopholes that everyone is exploiting but apparently only St Mirren and Kilmarnock are guilty.

What's that got to do with the two quotes? default_blink.png

Just now, Ronnie said:

You were discussing Celtic player testing positive after Dubai trip and whether it would help or not in our appeal imo seeing a Rival manager travelling 150 miles to watch a match not involving his team should also be used in the appeal as the rules seem to be full of loopholes that everyone is exploiting g but apparently only St Mirren and Kilmarnock are guilty.

2 things, not anywhere near directly related. Smacking of desperation IMO. 

Secondly, why do you have the annoying habit of posting ABOVE a quote? 

2 things, not anywhere near directly related. Smacking of desperation IMO. 
Secondly, why do you have the annoying habit of posting ABOVE a quote? 
Aren't we in a desperate situation regarding the "crime we commited"

Imo we should use anything possible to get off.

On the pitch you agreed we took the "luck" last 2 weeks we should take the "luck" that Celtic and Graham Alexander have put our way as Tesco says every little helps.

I remember when our game against Celtic was called off in August when Bolingoli travelled to Spain (no positive test IIRC), I was watching NS on't telly when she more or less made the decision on air. The league confirmed this shortly afterwards although I am sure this was not their original intention. To put this in perspective it happened while Covid cases in the UK were running at about 1000 per day and their were virtually no deaths in Scotland. 

Now let's fast forward a few months and we have a player testing positive coming back with the squad from a foreign destination where the virus is running rife where UK cases are running at 50-60k per day and 183 deaths being recorded in Scotland in the last weekly figures available and yet even with the club admitting to "minor breaches" of the rules there is no need for their squad to self isolate.

It seems the government are afraid to make a decision which might put the rest of the season in jeopardy.

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I remember when our game against Celtic was called off in August when Bolingoli travelled to Spain (no positive test IIRC), I was watching NS on't telly when she more or less made the decision on air. The league confirmed this shortly afterwards although I am sure this was not their original intention. To put this in perspective it happened while Covid cases in the UK were running at about 1000 per day and their were virtually no deaths in Scotland. 

Now let's fast forward a few months and we have a player testing positive coming back with the squad from a foreign destination where the virus is running rife where UK cases are running at 50-60k per day and 183 deaths being recorded in Scotland in the last weekly figures available and yet even with the club admitting to "minor breaches" of the rules there is no need for their squad to self isolate.

It seems the government are afraid to make a decision which might put the rest of the season in jeopardy.

Let's be honest, they would be saying plenty if it was a 'smaller' team that had done the same. To be fair puts us in an even better position with the appeal🤞