Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

Just saw that biggest can of worms in Scottish football for years about to open up going by reaction to that elsewhere.

Just watched Scottish news there and Celtic & Joint response team will have a meeting tomorrow to decide if anyone has to self isolate due to close contact with the positive case which from the outside seems like the whole planeful of Celtic staff should be.

Nope 

Decision within an hour on if Celtic will need to isolate, personally I would be very disappointed if they get away with this. 

I have generally supported Scotgov on their approach throughout pandemic but it would be a very poor message. If the decision is "crack on" then to me, they have bent over backwards to help Celtic after an R&R bevy holiday while millions the country over can't even see their families. 

What really gets me is the arrogance as they continue to defend the decision.

It was "non essential" travel.

They say it was necessary as it is elite training.

The player who has tested positive is out injured for four months!

What kind of elite training was he undertaking that made his journey essential? [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

What kind of elite training was he undertaking that made his journey essential? emoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.png

Cocktail making

What kind of elite training was he undertaking that made his journey essential? [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]
Quick question???

I got mostly positives but a few negatives when asked this on St Mirren Facebook pages.

Was Graham Alexander travelling 300 miles to watch Aberdeen v Rangers "essential travel too"???

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Quick question???

I got mostly positives but a few negatives when asked this on St Mirren Facebook pages.

Was Graham Alexander travelling 300 miles to watch Aberdeen v Rangers "essential travel too"???

I would think that observing and analysing opponents is an essential part of his role. I don't think that this can be done by TV either as you don't really see the game as effectively.

Were the negative replies, the ones that quoted the actual rules/regulations?
Only 1 person quoted a regulation that club scouts are allowed to travel to other clubs matches no mention of other managers being allowed.

Imo his travelling isn't essentiall and all the talk since last week from both UK & Scottish governments (reiterated by NS today) that unnecessary travelling is spreading the virus.

So Graham Alexander would have been 1 of the allowed 4 scouts from the teams next two opponents.
Technically he isn't a scout.

Again nonessential travel is apparently spreading the virus quicker than anything else is.

The thing that pis#ed me off the most about the St Mirren sanction was journalists,pundits, fans etc jumped on the bandwagon about our players car sharing.

4 players sharing a car for 2 journeys for maybe 20 minutes each way is less dangerous than forcing them to travel by public transport which would take in excess of 60 minutes each way but that seemed to be the main point they used to find us guilty therefore club managers travelling 300 miles round trip to watch future opponents is just as bad.

37 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Technically he isn't a scout.

Again nonessential travel is apparently spreading the virus quicker than anything else is.

The thing that pis#ed me off the most about the St Mirren sanction was journalists,pundits, fans etc jumped on the bandwagon about our players car sharing.

4 players sharing a car for 2 journeys for maybe 20 minutes each way is less dangerous than forcing them to travel by public transport which would take in excess of 60 minutes each way but that seemed to be the main point they used to find us guilty therefore club managers travelling 300 miles round trip to watch future opponents is just as bad.

The rights and wrongs of our case are separate to Graham Alexander being at Pittodrie, he was there scouting the opposition and therefore would qualify for one of the four scouting slots (technically he is a scout in this instance).

For what it's worth I thought the SPFL were at best clumsy in their handling of Kilmarnock and our situations and saw it as an opportunity to come down hard on a couple of the smaller teams, in light of this week's goings on they may well rue that approach.

Edited by WeeBud