Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

47 minutes ago, shull said:

Worst affected in what terms? Financially because they are paying players £££ daft money, spunked £2-3m on a champions league pyro display a couple of seasons ago, spending reportedly 250k on a trip to Dubai, the list goes on. They thought they were going to walk the league this season now they are crying wolf.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

I did not realise that the rules governing the testing only required tests to be performed 168 hours before a match.

168 hours is a long time in COVID land. Just your seven days! Jeez. Livingston have a machine that can produce results in 2 hours. With the physical interaction of football it’s little wonder that our players have contracted the virus and passed it on to each other either in training or competition never mind the risk that we all face. 

Surely the league requires tighter testing schedules than this? 

8D108368-4D5E-403A-AD04-2E8F6AC8EB1F.png.bea04bc123c3a00ac3813c940fb45530.png

That's the lower league teams who aren't usually compelled to test at all.

Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell has written to all 10 Championship clubs asking if they want to continue playing or suspend their league.

Maxwell has asked for replies no later than close of business on Monday.

In an email sent on Friday evening, he mentions that one Championship club has already publicly called for a suspension of all football.

Maxwell did not name the club in question and there is confusion over who he is referring to.

I wonder if that's all football or just the Championship - if it's the latter I guess it's likely to be one of the p/t clubs.

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I wonder if that's all football or just the Championship - if it's the latter I guess it's likely to be one of the p/t clubs.

Hearts surely. 

Cast iron case for being awarded the Championship title and promotion to the Premiership. 

How could the SPFL do anything else if the season ends tonight.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:
Hearts surely. 
Cast iron case for being awarded the Championship title and promotion to the Premiership. 

ICT allegedly

Having looked at table, it wouldn't surprise me. A bit off the pace, albeit 2 games in hand.

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

They surely can’t promote after 10 or 11 games. Null and void. Keep the Jambo seethe going!

Null and void would bring about a bigger reaction than Trumps mutant supporters at Washington. Can just see the Sons of William rushing the City Chambers after their dreams crumble. 

Make it happen. 

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Pretty sure.

Originally I would have thought it would be them as they might struggle with the covid stuff being part time although their players may look after themselves a bit better as have jobs as well. If its ICT, they are having a crap start, is Robertson trying to help old club out??

18 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Originally I would have thought it would be them as they might struggle with the covid stuff being part time although their players may look after themselves a bit better as have jobs as well. If its ICT, they are having a crap start, is Robertson trying to help old club out??

Who knows the Championship was the division which was given the most money by the Scottish government as they obviously have higher running costs than L1 & L2 (apart from the P/T teams) and little TV income compared to the top flight they recently got £5M from Holyrood (£500k each)  - I've read on't BBC that Covid testing for the season will cost £40k so there should be plenty left over in theory, but as I say who knows?

League leaders Hearts estimate paying close to £40,000 to have around 50 staff and players tested every week.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Who knows they were the Championship was the division which was given the most by the Scottish government as they obviously have higher running costs than L1 & L2 (apart from the P/T teams) and little TV income compared to the top flight but they recently got £5M from Holyrood (£500k each)  - I've read on't BBC that Covid testing for the season will cost £40k so there should be plenty left over in theory, but as I say who knows?

Suppose for a nice change it's nothing for saints to worry about

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
12 hours ago, Wilbur said:
Hearts surely. 

ICT allegedly

They say they want the season to continue, and reckon Maxwell picked up what Robertson had said wrong. 

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They say they want the season to continue, and reckon Maxwell picked up what Robertson had said wrong. 

I you read the article below I don't think there's any doubt Robertson is arguing for the Championship to be suspended as well as Division's 1&2 it's just whether this is the clubs position too...

John Robertson slams SFA as Inverness manager accuses governing bodies of putting profit before players - Daily Record

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hearts surely. 

They've only played 10 games so, if it were to be shut down, I suspect it would be classed null and void. ATM it would be the same for the top league. Now. That would be funny. Can you imagine the Govan hordes? The air would be blue in a very different manner.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

I you read the article below I don't think there's any doubt Robertson is arguing for the Championship to be suspended as well as Division's 1&2 it's just whether this is the clubs position too...

John Robertson slams SFA as Inverness manager accuses governing bodies of putting profit before players - Daily Record

Robertson may want it, but the chairman of ICT doesn't and he's the boss.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

They've only played 10 games so, if it were to be shut down, I suspect it would be classed null and void. ATM it would be the same for the top league. Now. That would be funny. Can you imagine the Govan hordes? The air would be blue in a very different manner.

That would be perfect.😂

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55850272

20 year loan of £1.6m with no interest = just over £6.5k per month in payments.

That's an absolute no brainer for every club in the top flight to take up this offer. Even if it's not needed, take the loan, fire it in a high interest account for 20 years whilst you pay it off and voila....free f**kin' money!

Edited by djchapsticks

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55850272

20 year loan of £1.6m with no interest = just over £6.5k per month in payments.

That's an absolute no brainer for every club in the top flight to take up this offer. Even if it's not needed, take the loan, fire it in a high interest account for 20 years whilst you pay it off and voila....free f**kin' money!

It would only take one club to spend it trying to avoid relegation and every other club around them would follow suit.

There is absolutely no way fans would accept that life-saving money sitting in a Natwest account whilst our relegation rivals started buying players.