Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

It would only take one club to spend it trying to avoid relegation and every other club around them would follow suit.
There is absolutely no way fans would accept that life-saving money sitting in a Natwest account whilst our relegation rivals started buying players.
We could protect it by ring fencing it. [emoji6]

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

We could protect it by ring fencing it. emoji6.png

I've no idea whether or not the original idea by @djchapsticks was serious or not but at a time when the country's economy is f**ked, hundreds of thousands have been chucked on the dole with perhaps millions more joining them once furlough ends, countless charities are being closed down, people are dying in their tens of thousands and f**k knows how many young people's careers and aspirations have been wiped out, for us to even think about abusing a scheme designed to bail clubs out who would otherwise go to the wall would be unforgiveable.

I'm here all week with a full bladder for anyone with a plate of chips needing pissed over. :D

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55850272

20 year loan of £1.6m with no interest = just over £6.5k per month in payments.

That's an absolute no brainer for every club in the top flight to take up this offer. Even if it's not needed, take the loan, fire it in a high interest account for 20 years whilst you pay it off and voila....free f**kin' money!

Its got to be taken up and i am sure it will ...despite multi millionaire oaky rant ... it could be spent to help secure the club and the local economy ... improve facilities .... and generally keep us going in the right direction... however dont pish it away on some mercanery has beens wages...

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That's an absolute no brainer for every club in the top flight to take up this offer. Even if it's not needed, take the loan, fire it in a high interest account for 20 years whilst you pay it off and voila....free f**kin' money!

50 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Where do I find high interest account?

That's what was going through my head, when I read djchopsticks post.  Has he let on yet.   Lucky if  I'm getting a fraction of 1%  with my bank. 

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

RBS. emoji2958.png

Should the balance exceed £1,000, then the interest rate on any portion above this threshold will be paid at 0.01 percent gross per annum (variable).

On its website, the bank states: "You'll get our highest interest rate when you save between £1 - £50 by standing order each month, on balances up to £1,000."

No minimum deposit is required to open the account, but customers will need to set up a standing order from their Royal Bank of Scotland current account.

The amount needs to be between £1 and £50 each calendar month into the account.

3%  for  Current Account  Holders only.  

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

We could protect it by ring fencing it. emoji6.png

As long as there are exceptions made for helping out a women's section of the club and buying new balls and towels and Xmas parties and pretty signage in the vomitoriums...

Times and perceptions change. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

£6.5K a month repayment would be 1 or 2 players wages so could end up with a smaller players budget. 

Unless we ready need it, we shouldn't touch it since debt is debt.

Other worry would be that we did a Falkirk or Partick and end up in the lower league for years. 

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

No vaccine, no entry. emoji6.png

By the looks of it it's going to be no entry even with a vaccine.

Honestly, and I've said this before, someone in government needs to shut this Leitch guy up and put him in his box. The last time I looked, he wasn't an elected politician so he has no business telling us what to do. This stuff should be coming from Sturgeon or her health minister and nobody else.