Jump to content

shull

Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Big day today, season defining.

Wonder when the SPFL announce they have brought a round of midweek games forward to the 30 January seeing we all have a free weekend now and there is already a fixture pile up. They are going to do that aren't they ?

Get prepared for a meltdown of mammoth proportions. ūüôĄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Big day today, season defining.

Wonder when the SPFL announce they have brought a round of midweek games forward to the 30 January seeing we all have a free weekend now and there is already a fixture pile up. They are going to do that aren't they ?

Would make sense to do this and get the successful appeal decision out ASAP... As such the SFA will probably take six weeks, still uphold the decision, let Celtic away with their breach, force us to go through arbitration due to clear unfair treatment, win the case at that point and we'll still have matches to play into October.¬†ūü§£

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Get prepared for a meltdown of mammoth proportions. ūüôĄ

We could start a knew movement the SPM

Saints Points Matter 

But would everyone could take the kneel for the cause ?  with clenched fist and 3 fingers 

Borussia Monchengladbach Win GIF by Bundesliga

Edited by portmahomack saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No announcement until next week now according to the BBC. Appeal deliberation doesn't start until tonight. Farcical !!!

You seem surprised? ūüėā¬†

They are bumbling buffoons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shull said:

 

Worst affected in what terms? Financially because they are paying players £££ daft money, spunked £2-3m on a champions league pyro display a couple of seasons ago, spending reportedly 250k on a trip to Dubai, the list goes on. They thought they were going to walk the league this season now they are crying wolf.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Worst affected in what terms? Financially because they are paying players £££ daft money, spunked £2-3m on a champions league pyro display a couple of seasons ago, spending reportedly 250k on a trip to Dubai, the list goes on. They thought they were going to walk the league this season now they are crying wolf.

 

And they have furloughed their u18s. The gift that keeps on giving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yflab said:

And they have furloughed their u18s. The gift that keeps on giving. 

Gov should tell them to do 1.

If they can find around 250,000K for a jolly, they can find the money to pay their own players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not realise that the rules governing the testing only required tests to be performed 168 hours before a match.

168 hours is a long time in COVID land. Just your seven days! Jeez. Livingston have a machine that can produce results in 2 hours. With the physical interaction of football it’s little wonder that our players have contracted the virus and passed it on to each other either in training or competition never mind the risk that we all face. 

Surely the league requires tighter testing schedules than this? 

 

8D108368-4D5E-403A-AD04-2E8F6AC8EB1F.png.bea04bc123c3a00ac3813c940fb45530.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yflab said:

I did not realise that the rules governing the testing only required tests to be performed 168 hours before a match.

168 hours is a long time in COVID land. Just your seven days! Jeez. Livingston have a machine that can produce results in 2 hours. With the physical interaction of football it’s little wonder that our players have contracted the virus and passed it on to each other either in training or competition never mind the risk that we all face. 

Surely the league requires tighter testing schedules than this? 

 

8D108368-4D5E-403A-AD04-2E8F6AC8EB1F.png.bea04bc123c3a00ac3813c940fb45530.png

 

That's the lower league teams who aren't usually compelled to test at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

That's the lower league teams who aren't usually compelled to test at all.

Read the paragraphs before about Premiership testing for league games. Sorry someone else put that highlight on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Read the paragraphs before about Premiership testing for league games. Sorry someone else put that highlight on.

OK.  I thought clubs had to test twice a week now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell has written to all 10 Championship clubs asking if they want to continue playing or suspend their league.

Maxwell has asked for replies no later than close of business on Monday.

In an email sent on Friday evening, he mentions that one Championship club has already publicly called for a suspension of all football.

Maxwell did not name the club in question and there is confusion over who he is referring to.

I wonder if that's all football or just the Championship - if it's the latter I guess it's likely to be one of the p/t clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bud the Baker said:

I wonder if that's all football or just the Championship - if it's the latter I guess it's likely to be one of the p/t clubs.

Won’t affect the top league in my opinion. Too much money involved in broadcasting and advertising revenue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55684189

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I wonder if that's all football or just the Championship - if it's the latter I guess it's likely to be one of the p/t clubs.

Hearts surely. 

Cast iron case for being awarded the Championship title and promotion to the Premiership. 

How could the SPFL do anything else if the season ends tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:
Hearts surely. 
Cast iron case for being awarded the Championship title and promotion to the Premiership. 
How could the SPFL do anything else if the season ends tonight.

ICT allegedly

Having looked at table, it wouldn't surprise me. A bit off the pace, albeit 2 games in hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

They surely can’t promote after 10 or 11 games. Null and void. Keep the Jambo seethe going!

Null and void would bring about a bigger reaction than Trumps mutant supporters at Washington. Can just see the Sons of William rushing the City Chambers after their dreams crumble. 

Make it happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...