Jump to content

shull

Could Coronavirus Kill Our 42 Clubs

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Pretty sure.

Originally I would have thought it would be them as they might struggle with the covid stuff being part time although their players may look after themselves a bit better as have jobs as well. If its ICT, they are having a crap start, is Robertson trying to help old club out??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Originally I would have thought it would be them as they might struggle with the covid stuff being part time although their players may look after themselves a bit better as have jobs as well. If its ICT, they are having a crap start, is Robertson trying to help old club out??

 

Who knows the Championship was the division which was given the most money by the Scottish government as they obviously have higher running costs than L1 & L2 (apart from the P/T teams) and little TV income compared to the top flight they recently got £5M from Holyrood (£500k each)  - I've read on't BBC that Covid testing for the season will cost £40k so there should be plenty left over in theory, but as I say who knows?

 

Quote

League leaders Hearts estimate paying close to £40,000 to have around 50 staff and players tested every week.

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

 

Who knows they were the Championship was the division which was given the most by the Scottish government as they obviously have higher running costs than L1 & L2 (apart from the P/T teams) and little TV income compared to the top flight but they recently got £5M from Holyrood (£500k each)  - I've read on't BBC that Covid testing for the season will cost £40k so there should be plenty left over in theory, but as I say who knows?

 

 

Suppose for a nice change it's nothing for saints to worry about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
12 hours ago, Wilbur said:
Hearts surely. 
Cast iron case for being awarded the Championship title and promotion to the Premiership. 
How could the SPFL do anything else if the season ends tonight.

ICT allegedly

They say they want the season to continue, and reckon Maxwell picked up what Robertson had said wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They say they want the season to continue, and reckon Maxwell picked up what Robertson had said wrong. 

I you read the article below I don't think there's any doubt Robertson is arguing for the Championship to be suspended as well as Division's 1&2 it's just whether this is the clubs position too...

John Robertson slams SFA as Inverness manager accuses governing bodies of putting profit before players - Daily Record

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hearts surely. 

Cast iron case for being awarded the Championship title and promotion to the Premiership. 

How could the SPFL do anything else if the season ends tonight.

They've only played 10 games so, if it were to be shut down, I suspect it would be classed null and void. ATM it would be the same for the top league. Now. That would be funny. Can you imagine the Govan hordes? The air would be blue in a very different manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

I you read the article below I don't think there's any doubt Robertson is arguing for the Championship to be suspended as well as Division's 1&2 it's just whether this is the clubs position too...

John Robertson slams SFA as Inverness manager accuses governing bodies of putting profit before players - Daily Record

 

 

 

Robertson may want it, but the chairman of ICT doesn't and he's the boss.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

They've only played 10 games so, if it were to be shut down, I suspect it would be classed null and void. ATM it would be the same for the top league. Now. That would be funny. Can you imagine the Govan hordes? The air would be blue in a very different manner.

That would be perfect.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...