Who do you know?

TPAFKA Jersey 2

17 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Self isolating - Check

Working from home - Check

Bored oot my f**king mind - Check

It’s at times like this that one is in danger of starting threads that would make even the bold Rickster blush and I fear I am about to fall into such a trap.

It struck me that back in the old Saints Online Guestbook days I knew loads of the contributors. Back in those days I was just plain old Jersey 2 before a combination of two forgotten passwords and me being a total IT dunce led to the addition of the TPAFKA.

These days I think the only people I know (or know that I know) are:-

Eric Arthur Blair - Who I only realized I knew not that long ago when he posted one of his tweets that carries his own name.

Howard Hughes In Blue Suede Shoes - Who I haven’t seen post for donkeys

Jimmy H - Who has been self isolating from the forum for about the last year after a drunken bout of agression directed towards Oaksoft.

Wilbur - Who I met a couple of times back in the early 00s

That’s it. 

Are there any other old guestbook posters still here but guising under a different name?

How many folk do others know?

Does anyone actually know Shull? Other than Ice Tears/Krankie the Rapist/Shetland/etc etc etc. of course.

I think he's posted a couple of times since then but that incident was done and dusted within a few days. Life's way too short.

I periodically put people on ignore to protect my sanity but it kills the flow of the forum and right now nobody is on it. Not even the family shull.

Don't actually know anyone from here in real life. I expect most people are actually pretty decent but I genuinely wouldn't want to be anywhere near a couple of them.

As for self-isolating, we are trying not to as we don't have the luxury of having a nice salary coming in each month but like most businesses, our customers are forcing this on us :D and we've had to change direction pretty much overnight. If I am not posting in 4-6 months you'll know we ran out of money and starved to death. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
I think he's posted a couple of times since then but that incident was done and dusted within a few days. Life's way too short.
I periodically put people on ignore to protect my sanity but it kills the flow of the forum and right now nobody is on it. Not even the family shull.
Don't actually know anyone from here in real life. I expect most people are actually pretty decent but I genuinely wouldn't want to be anywhere near a couple of them.
As for self-isolating, we are trying not to as we don't have the luxury of having a nice salary coming in each month but like most businesses, our customers are forcing this on us emoji3.png and we've had to change direction pretty much overnight. If I am not posting in 4-6 months you'll know we ran out of money and starved to death. emoji38.png

You're fine. Toilet rolls should be edible.

Starting to run low on those already.

17 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Self isolating - Check

No.

As mentioned,. I've been going to things, in and oot o Toon several times recently - in empty trains , semi-vacant tube carriages and, like yesterday, walking along a semi-deserted city streets such as Piccadilly to get a wonderfully spacious and personal, plenty-of-time-to-look at the Royal Academy's 'Picasso on Paper' show....  (fantastic!) which shut (forever...?) when we left at 6.00pm

Previous night, the Barbican shut as we left...  Is it me?  :unsure:

Wandered towards a favourite Restaurant... just as a guy was posting a CLOSURE sign out front..  :(

Running in Epping Forest every day - which is a wonderful solo pastime - though the Forest is getting busier in easily accessible bits, by folk avoiding London/people...

Working from home - Check

As mentioned elsewhere... my company's early tours March and April had already been cancelled.  Just got word today that, as I expected, the first May one had been chucked also.  Can't see myself this year, fulfilling residential status to vote in Scotland for a while...  Scotland's loss...

Bored oot my f**king mind - Check

Naw…. no enough time to be bored...  Too much to read and do.

It’s at times like this that one is in danger of starting threads that would make even the bold Rickster blush and I fear I am about to fall into such a trap.

It struck me that back in the old Saints Online Guestbook days I knew loads of the contributors. Back in those days I was just plain old Jersey 2 before a combination of two forgotten passwords and me being a total IT dunce led to the addition of the TPAFKA.

Me and another Londoner share the same name so we were confusing others on the original  Guestbook, which is why I chose for a time to be called chingford(which I soon loathed due to my various MPs...).  He still posts on here sometime under RankBadjin.  And he has left loverly Lahndahn to work in the frozen North of Scotland. 

And I remain Me.  :)

Are there any other old guestbook posters still here but guising under a different name?

I suspect Good Aul' Bill Lees still posts here, too... but I dunno...

Notice nobody "knows" Ricky, bit of a shock as he's the ultimate super fan, maybe they're ashamed to admit it? 

Anyhow, NSS was a good mate who I knew long before this, or the internet was invented, from the Tappit Hen days.

Since them met up with a couple of forum members, one has left down to the forum fool and the other doesn't post much.

The forums changed but it's the same in so many ways.

There seemed less hassle/grief back when I first joined but that's maybe a memory thing. 

I hope whoever takes it over try to show some sensible moderation. 

I am not friendly with or know many forum members (as far as I know), however a couple of years ago I was standing next to Mr Zo (haven’t seen him post for a while) at the Dundee Utd away game on the Tuesday night when we were going for the title and he was a great guy to chat away with!!

1 minute ago, E=Mc2 said:

most folk I know on here are older than me.............................

So, quite soon, I'll be the oldest on here.

1 minute ago, E=Mc2 said:

most folk I know on here are older than me.............................

So, quite soon, I'll be the oldest on here.

Don't be in too much of a hurry!!!