Regale your stories

I didn’t miss my wedding day but my 25th anniversary was spent with the wife watching us win the league cup[emoji4]

Falkirk away in the Fergie era was always tasty but removing the Arabs from our bit of the North Bank in the cup was brilliant (we skated it 4-1) Never forgiven Motherwell for what they did to McGarvey in the first minute of the next round.

Tudor bus, always first to leave and last back!

My wife had been bed bound at home for around 8 years until early 1987. I was offered the use of a villa in Portugal by a friend and booked tickets for May. I told my wife she was going. The next day I realised that if we got through the Semi Final then I would miss the final. I gave the flights to one of my managers who had been having a tough time as well as the use of the villa. I made the final. 

45 minutes ago, Hagleybuddies said:

I didn’t miss my wedding day but my 25th anniversary was spent with the wife watching us win the league cupemoji4.png

Falkirk away in the Fergie era was always tasty but removing the Arabs from our bit of the North Bank in the cup was brilliant (we skated it 4-1) Never forgiven Motherwell for what they did to McGarvey in the first minute of the next round.

Tudor bus, always first to leave and last back!

They did arrive inside the Stadium early ,

They were swiftly despatched  :lol:

13 hours ago, Danny said:

Talking about the trouble at games in the 70s has reminded me of a guy who stood near me on the North Bank.

He would never stand still and was always fidgeting and jumping around.

One day I asked him what was wrong and he explained he was worried about people chucking bottles and cans at us.

I assured him if it was for him it would have his name on it. 

I'm called McEwan he replied.

I'll get my coat

You should have seen the state of his mates Tennant and MacAllan

The day we stayed up in Stirling will live with me forever, as much as the football itself, the bus ride home. 

Rangers were at home that day and the M8 was a crawl all the way back on both sides for about 5 miles outside Glasgow. However, they'd just lost at home to someone and blown 10 in a row. Meanwhile we'd possibly just saved our club's very existence. 

For the next hour, every Rangers supporters bus was greeted with a 'whoooooooooa' as it slowly approached in the opposite direction and a bus full of celebrating buds giving it big licks to all the 'people' going back to Edinburgh, Falkirk, Motherwell, Dundee etc instead of supporting their local teams. 

Petty as f**k but one of my favourite moments ever on the bus. Folk were just deliriously happy, so to see one of the arse cheeks so despondant travelling the other way was a perfect storm. 

Another cracker (literally) from late 90s.

We were going away for a longer away fixture once so the bus left earlier. As soon as we pulled onto the M8 at Arkleston, a bus in the middle lane slowly began to overtake us... It had a Morton badge on the front window. Too early to be the supporters bus...... THAT'S THE f**kING TEAM BUS. 

Next thing you know, everoyne is over out side, banging the windows throwing viccys etc.... our very own Skoda Saint had his trousers down and his bare arse pressed against the window as we are all battering it to get the Morton squads attention. There was a card school going up the back of their bus with guys like Stevie Aitken, Warren Hawke etc and some of their reactions to seeing big skodas ring winking at them were brilliant. 😂

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

We were going away for a longer away fixture once so the bus left earlier. As soon as we pulled onto the M8 at Arkleston, a bus in the middle lane slowly began to overtake us... It had a Morton badge on the front window. Too early to be the supporters bus...... THAT'S THE f**kING TEAM BUS. 

Next thing you know, everoyne is over out side, banging the windows throwing viccys etc.... our very own Skoda Saint had his trousers down and his bare arse pressed against the window as we are all battering it to get the Morton squads attention. There was a card school going up the back of their bus with guys like Stevie Aitken, Warren Hawke etc and some of their reactions to seeing big skodas ring winking at them were brilliant. 😂

:lol: !!

First match after the North Bank was made all seating. Can't remember who we were playing but it was busy. Our group sat down in the seats allocated but the one I had was occupied. The guy's argument was that he usually stood at that spot. Unlikely, as we did. He moved. 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

ah the memories..... takes me back to when we used to stop at blackford for a pit stop pish at the wee public lavy there next to the bowling green ....well to youze that know me

,the rest is history 💩

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Hope there wasn't a shortage of lavvy paper at that time and he cleaned the window of the bus afterward :booty  

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

When I was young I was fortunate in that my mates Dad - who was a Morton fan - used to drive us to watch St Mirren play away from home all over the place. However on the few occasions he couldn't make it I'd be left with the rather stark choice of going to watch Clyde or Queens Park if they were at home as those were the teams my Dad and my Grandfather supported. 

Anyway one such Saturday when I was around 12 or 13 years old St Mirren were due to play at Dens Park and my mate and his Dad weren't going to be going. I had some money saved up in my wee piggy bank so to console myself I went to Glasgow in the morning - as I often did - to buy some singles at HMV. However when the bus pulled up at Buchanan Street I noticed a timetable for buses to Dundee and I realised that I could make it for the game - if I could afford the bus fare. I checked and I had enough so I got on the coach - which had a waitress on it selling tea - and made my way to the game. Admission was slightly more than I had expected but I paid to get in and watched a rather drab 90 minutes and got soaked. 

After the match I headed back down to Dundee City Centre to get the bus back home. However it turned out I couldn't afford it. I didn't have enough money. My Mum and Dad were deaf so we obviously didn't have a home phone, so I called my Gran and asked her if she would leave her house to walk the two miles to my parents house to ask my Dad to come and get me. I guess it was a sign of the times back then that no-one had noticed I was missing. Anyway my Dad did eventually arrive and I got a hell of a battering for it 

Great story - you naughty boy! 

Not St Mirren related but I went to London on a Senior Leaders Coaching Course which was run Thursday till Monday. By Saturday morning I had enough and scarpered for the afternoon to watch Chelsea play Arsenal. You could roll up and buy tickets in those days. 

Sneaked out the house early morning to catch the Supporters Bus in Paisley for the trip to Notts County for the Anglo Scottish Cup.

I did leave a note for my parents. 

Got home early next morning. My dad, being a Buddie wasn't bothered. My mum was furious and made me go to school with next to no sleep. 

Never seen Oaky at the match. 

13 hours ago, shull said:

Sneaked out the house early morning to catch the Supporters Bus in Paisley for the trip to Notts County for the Anglo Scottish Cup.

I did leave a note for my parents. 

Got home early next morning. My dad, being a Buddie wasn't bothered. My mum was furious and made me go to school with next to no sleep. 

Never seen Oaky at the match. 

I believed that till the last bit.

Guest TPAFKATS
That's been going on for years.  I specifically remember it happening numerous times during a game at Ayr, with lots of ex players names and few made up names, near the end of the 1999-2000 title winning season.
And the cup game at Ayr a few years later as well

Guest TPAFKATS
Negotiating the bridge at Easter Road post match on any occasion was a “story” in itself. A truly terrifying experience as a teenager.
I’ve been back to ER twice in recent times for the first and second times since about 1985/86. It was a weird feeling that it was no longer a scary place.
Coming out of the most recent game, there was a small group of young Buds walking up ER singing, “Jack Ross is shaggin Stevie Mallan’s burd”. Jimmy H and I commented to each other that it was changed days and you’d never have done that in the 70s or 80s. It was very much scarf tucked away, Heid doon and get out of Dodge.
I was 15 season after the cup win in 87 when I didy first trip to Easter Road. f**king terrifying. The gauntlet on the bridge was bad enough, then they tried to get onto our supporters bus.
Police sat in vans throughout.

45 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I was 15 season after the cup win in 87 when I didy first trip to Easter Road. f**king terrifying. The gauntlet on the bridge was bad enough, then they tried to get onto our supporters bus.
Police sat in vans throughout.

"Ah yer big laddies now"

In other words you're on your own yer bunch of weegie b*st*rds