Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Temporarily shut down company yesterday but with no employees and plenty of reserves the family is in good shape to get by. We'll re-open that company as soon as things die down.

Other than that, we're continuing to work each day to figure out how to open a new business which won't be affected by this and so we're busy enough.

Moral-wise there's no problems. In fact, there's something oddly energising about all of this but I've always been like this when facing trouble. Whether I'm still feeling that in 6 months time is another matter.

Yeah I've found I've been a lot more energised and focused, particularly in work. Lost out on my holiday to Santorini & Rome which I'm a bit gutted about, but gained a promotion in work and I've networked with people I wouldn't usually network with (especially those at higher work levels than my own) - in that respect there's been a few positives.

As much as it's horrible and very challenging, I feel its a good opportunity to self reflect and work on yourself, and also to find your own way of navigating things. I'm the type that enjoys a challenge, so in all honesty its probably not the worst situation to find myself in. All about choosing your state and whether you allow fear to take over - or just decide to get on with things. That's the way I'm looking at it. Like you say, that could change a few months down the line....

I think in a weird way I think this situation is showing what kind of people you interact with on a daily basis, especially the ones in your closest circle. It's easy to identify who is more interested in the "ME", (self-absorbed types) and who is more interested in the "WE" (the ones who have each others backs, try to work with others to get through it)

So if one of you has it asymptomaticaly that's potentially all of you going to spread it to everyone they then come into contact with. How very considerate of you all and EXACTLY the scenario we have all been told to prevent. However I now realise that in reality that simply hasn't happened and you are a total WUM who's going onto ignore.

Had the granddaughters over last night, a 13th birthday for one of them.
All the family were here, exchanged presents, lots of contact.
None of us are in the category in danger so we're comfortable we'll all be safe.
Took the girls to McDonalds a wee while ago, still operating as normal apart from you can't sit in. 
There's a small retail park next to McDonalds, business as usual going by the number of cars coming and going. 
I'm in the "keep the vulnerable isolated" camp, that would keep the pressure off the NHS IMO. 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
19 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Temporarily shut down company yesterday but with no employees and plenty of reserves the family is in good shape to get by. We'll re-open that company as soon as things die down.
Other than that, we're continuing to work each day to figure out how to open a new business which won't be affected by this and so we're busy enough.
Moral-wise there's no problems. In fact, there's something oddly energising about all of this but I've always been like this when facing trouble. Whether I'm still feeling that in 6 months time is another matter.

What sort of work do you currently do and what are you thinking of branching into?

Believe it or not I've started writing a book.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So if one of you has it asymptomaticaly that's potentially all of you going to spread it to everyone they then come into contact with. How very considerate of you all and EXACTLY the scenario we have all been told to prevent. However I now realise that in reality that simply hasn't happened and you are a total WUM who's going onto ignore.

I chucked the stats on daily deaths into a spreadsheet, fitted an exponential curve to it and used that to predict expected daily deaths into the next few months.

Obviously this assumes the exponential rate doesn't change over that time and that no changes will result from government interventions.

It's showing that we'll be at around 3000 deaths per day in the UK by about 6-7th April. I've bolded that bit for Dickson's benefit.

I haven't yet done the same for new cases, but it's safe to assume that at that point I think the NHS will be completely overwhelmed.

I remain unconvinced by the assurances of Faraway.

My work made me take a week in self isolation due to me being abroad and, on the last day of my stint, I took a fever and cough so it extended my isolation for a further 7 days. I work in the maintenance field on several sites so my work has introduced a no van sharing policy and limited face to face interaction as much as possible. When I return to work I will be covering critical system faults only for the near future and we have had a Whatsapp facility to keep us connected and informed. It's a case of safety first, gloves on, clean hands thoroughly and keep distance from fellow workers situation. If there is anyone on any site suspected to have the virus they are sent home and the site is shut off from us while being deep cleaned. We're classed as a grade 2 essential service and I am fortunate enough to have full pay facility if I am off for any reason. Like most it's the idiotic panic buying that was the problem for us but, this morning, I went to the supermarket and got a couple of things we NEEDED.

I hope you are all safe and well and get through this relatively unscathed.

Edited by stlucifer

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Ayrshire Shitebag 

Dishes it out regularly then hides behind the Ignore button. 

Cowardly wanker. 

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

But we don't do your knickerwetting is pointless, line most of your posts. 

What a life you have, unable to see reason and probability without looking up Google. 🤧🤧🤧

Guest TPAFKATS

Maybe if you looked up Google or any other source of current information you wouldn't be such an irresponsible twat.

But we don't do your knickerwetting is pointless, line most of your posts. 
What a life you have, unable to see reason and probability without looking up Google. [emoji1784][emoji1784][emoji1784]

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

Maybe if you looked up Google or any other source of current information you wouldn't be such an irresponsible twat.

Oh I do, the difference is I then think, looks that up, and make my own mind up. 

I know that'll not compute,  you brainless fanny. 😂😂😂

I noticed earlier you have x-ray vision, the ability to see inside a plane. 🤧🤧🤧

50 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Yeah I've found I've been a lot more energised and focused, particularly in work. Lost out on my holiday to Santorini & Rome which I'm a bit gutted about, but gained a promotion in work and I've networked with people I wouldn't usually network with (especially those at higher work levels than my own) - in that respect there's been a few positives.

As much as it's horrible and very challenging, I feel its a good opportunity to self reflect and work on yourself, and also to find your own way of navigating things. I'm the type that enjoys a challenge, so in all honesty its probably not the worst situation to find myself in. All about choosing your state and whether you allow fear to take over - or just decide to get on with things. That's the way I'm looking at it. Like you say, that could change a few months down the line....

I think in a weird way I think this situation is showing what kind of people you interact with on a daily basis, especially the ones in your closest circle. It's easy to identify who is more interested in the "ME", (self-absorbed types) and who is more interested in the "WE" (the ones who have each others backs, try to work with others to get through it)

That's a good point about self-reflection.

I reckon lots of people will find it hard to go back to work when this is all done. Many will come to realise what's important in their lives and will realise they can have a great life with much less money than they think. You might find a swathe of people trying their hand at self employment or retiring early.

The question people should be asking is whether it's worth panning your nut in doing something you don't really enjoy for other people when a virus can wipe you out overnight. This time it's "just the flu" according to Faraway and other assorted numpties but the this could have been ebola or worse. Maybe next time it will be something like that. Maybe, this will encourage people to try focussing on things they like, stop chasing money and start living. We only get one shot at life. There are no replays.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I reckon lots of people will find it hard to go back to work when this is all done. Many will come to realise what's important in their lives and will realise they can have a great life with much less money than they think. You might find a swathe of people trying their hand at self employment or retiring early.

The question people should be asking is whether it's worth panning your nut in doing something you don't really enjoy for other people when a virus can wipe you out overnight. This time it's "just the flu" according to Faraway and other assorted numpties but the this could have been ebola or worse. Maybe next time it will be something like that. Maybe, this will encourage people to try focussing on things they like, stop chasing money and start living. We only get one shot at life. There are no replays.

What a fantasy. 🤧🤧🤧

Just reflects you live in a parallel universe to the majority of other people. 😂😂😂

Oh, I see the Ayrshire numptys just posted, he must be down to his last Pamper. 😂😂😂

Guest TPAFKATS
Thinl that's a fair reflection, although there might also be a lot of folk who shy away from self employment too, especially since the self employed appear to be the one group of workers left behind in the chancellors announcement on Friday?

Guest TPAFKATS
Oh I do, the difference is I then think, looks that up, and make my own mind up. 
I know that'll not compute,  you brainless fanny. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I noticed earlier you have x-ray vision, the ability to see inside a plane. [emoji1784][emoji1784][emoji1784]
Of course, because you know better than the medical experts.
This is all just another day on the forum for you - dismiss those you don't agree with because you know better than the experts. Insert smiley and f**k anyone who might become seriously ill due to your behaviour.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

Of course, because you know better than the medical experts.
This is all just another day on the forum for you - dismiss those you don't agree with because you know better than the experts. Insert smiley and f**k anyone who might become seriously ill due to your behaviour.

Oh, another shooting out emotional shite with no idea. 

Your whole life seems to revolve around Googling experts and crying about the government.

Back to your book, let me know how Dennis the Menace gets on. 😂

Guest TPAFKATS
Oh, another shooting out emotional shite with no idea. 
Your whole life seems to revolve around Googling experts and crying about the government.
Back to your book, let me know how Dennis the Menace gets on. [emoji23]
I'm repeating what our government and other governments are saying. You think that means I've no idea.
Are you really stupid, trolling or just genuinely don't care about other people?

19 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
44 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Thinl that's a fair reflection, although there might also be a lot of folk who shy away from self employment too, especially since the self employed appear to be the one group of workers left behind in the chancellors announcement on Friday?

Yeah that's true. :lol:

Apparently he's working on something so we'll see what that brings.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm repeating what our government and other governments are saying. You think that means I've no idea.
Are you really stupid, trolling or just genuinely don't care about other people?

You repeat when you find something that suits your narrow viewpoint. 

Where am I not caring about other people? 

Stop being a fool, there's enough about right now.

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What a fantasy. 🤧🤧🤧

Just reflects you live in a parallel universe to the majority of other people. 😂😂😂

Oh, I see the Ayrshire numptys just posted, he must be down to his last Pamper. 😂😂😂

Are you aware that you've become another shull?

Go and take out your frustration elsewhere. There are people on here trying  to behave like human beings.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Are you aware that you've become another shull?

Go and take out your frustration elsewhere. There are people on here trying  to behave like human beings.

Another nothing post, when you're fcuked you do this all the time.

No point trying to ask you to explain, you don't have a reason. 

Frustration? 😂😂😂

Guest TPAFKATS

You repeat when you find something that suits your narrow viewpoint. 
Where am I not caring about other people? 
Stop being a fool, there's enough about right now.

As I said, it's the viewpoint if every government who is dealing with this, but you seem to want to give me credit for it.

You are putting other people at risk and knowingly ignoring this viewpoint and government advice because you know better.

And you call me a fool.

Another c**t onto ignore.