Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Saturday, now possibly the worst day of the week.

Seems like ages since there was a "normal" Saturday.

Quite simply, no football has killed Saturday, certainly until early evening.

What's on the agenda today, not a lot unfortunately.

I suspect we will hear LOTS more stories about people flaunting the instruction to stay home unless necessary.

Then there will be the "bad police" stories, forgetting if no eejits didn't be stupid there would be no need for the police to waste time on these actions aresholes.

I might start a "sweep" on the number of fines being dished out, today/tomorrow could see a new daily record. :thumbs2

Over 1,000? 

Not a surprise, thousands of people ignoring the instructions.

I wonder how many of these wallopers were out on Thursday night showing their appreciation for people trying to keep the country, and people, alive? 

Today will probably be worse. :thumbsdown

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Not a surprise, thousands of people ignoring the instructions.

I wonder how many of these wallopers were out on Thursday night showing their appreciation for people trying to keep the country, and people, alive? 

Today will probably be worse. :thumbsdown

Well Scotland CMO Catherine Calderwood was 1 of them   :wacko:

Guest TPAFKATS

Yesterday's Financial Times ran an editorial calling for radical reforms that would reverse the economic policies of the last four decades. "Policies like wealth tax and universal income need to be in the mix."

Strange times

Guest TPAFKATS

You are supposed to wait a week and then get in touch with a doctor if symptoms persist over 7 days.
Majority who have the virus or suspect they have it won't see any doctor. GP refers patients to 111 who are too busy to take calls.

22 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

You are supposed to wait a week and then get in touch with a doctor if symptoms persist over 7 days.
Majority who have the virus or suspect they have it won't see any doctor. GP refers patients to 111 who are too busy to take calls.

You're not seriously saying the PM of the UK shouldn't be seen ASAP? 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Only if he goes private. If he is being treated by the NHS he should have to wait and follow the same protocol as everyone else, irrespective of who he is or what position he holds.

Don't talk pish.

Whither you like it or not the leader of the nation SHOULD be treated as soon as possible.

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Why?

Unless "as soon as possible" means when his name reaches the top of the waiting list, of course.

Edit: *whether :)

So your honestly saying at this time there should be no prioritisation, no matter who "they"are?

Aye, I always get whether mixed up, and effect, it's my pronunciation. 😉

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So your honestly saying at this time there should be no prioritisation, no matter who "they"are?

Aye, I always get whether mixed up, and effect, it's my pronunciation. 😉

Well you can't have "We're all in it together" and then  give BJ better/quicker treatment - he'll have to take his chances with the rest of us.

Having said that he tested positive over a week ago so maybe it is standard treatment. 

Oh, for someone who knew what they were talking about!  😉

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 4/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Hedge funds that bet on the market falling (including Jacob Rees-Mogg's) are making gazillios apparently - I kinda get we're all involved via our pensions but doncha just wish we'd let the whole banking system crash back in 2008?

Debenham's have just filed for administration (again) - how many of the stores employees are looking forward to the "once in a generation chance of earning super-normal-returns" the "CovidCrash" will provide. 

Yup - we're definitely all in it together! ^_^

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Only if he goes private. If he is being treated by the NHS he should have to wait and follow the same protocol as everyone else, irrespective of who he is or what position he holds.

That is absolutely ridiculous. 🤣

56 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well you can't have "We're all in it together" and then  give BJ better/quicker treatment - he'll have to take his chances with the rest of us.

Having said that he tested positive over a week ago so maybe it is standard treatment. 

Oh, for someone who knew what they were talking about!  😉

Well at least you recognise he's been ill for 10 days before going to hospital.

I do love the idea that right in the heart of a global pandemic when our economy is being destroyed, that you and slarti both reckon the Prime Minister should wait in the NHS queue for treatment behind the likes of wee Agnes from Coatbridge. 🤣

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well at least you recognise he's been ill for 10 days before going to hospital.

I do love the idea that right in the heart of a global pandemic when our economy is being destroyed, that you and slarti both reckon the Prime Minister should wait in the NHS queue for treatment behind the likes of wee Agnes from Coatbridge. 🤣

Wee Senga might be doing a more important job than the man who would be King of  the world.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Unlikely. 😂😂😂

….and yet King Boris :king has a deputy who could cover his duties as PM, Dominic "Britannia Unchained" Raaaaaaaaaaab, - who said I was lazy and unproductive :whistle.

We know nothing about wee Senga - in the current crisis she may well be doing the more important job!

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

….and yet King Boris :king has a deputy who could cover his duties as PM, Dominic "Britannia Unchained" Raaaaaaaaaaab, - who said I was lazy and unproductive :whistle.

We know nothing about wee Senga - in the current crisis she may well be doing the more important job!

So, are you saying there should not be people prioritised in this crisis?