Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

Well, is there any point in having names for the days of the week anymore?
At this point, that's me just started the 2nd period of furlough, every day's pretty much the same.
I've managed to keep pretty busy but running out of things to do.
Overall the weathers been poor (chilly), that doesn't help.
One good thing, hardly had any rain so not had to cut the grass for about 4 weeks. :thumbs2
Yes, its friday and I finish in a few hours for the weekend. Pub crawl tonight, not been to a pub since last Friday, so deserve a few beers. [emoji482]

PS are friends allowed to participate in the quiz?

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Well, is there any point in having names for the days of the week anymore?

At this point, that's me just started the 2nd period of furlough, every day's pretty much the same.

I've managed to keep pretty busy but running out of things to do.

Overall the weathers been poor (chilly), that doesn't help.

One good thing, hardly had any rain so not had to cut the grass for about 4 weeks. :thumbs2

I was saying that to the wife the other day , I think that's what makes things feel as bad your highlight is the government allowed hour of exercise and I fecking hate exercise. 

Edited by linwood buddie

This Thursday I'll be clapping for the unsung heroes of this situation.............................Internet providers.

It's difficult enough at times but it'd be more difficult with no internet connection.

Keeping in touch with family and friends would not be as easy, streaming TV programmes, movies & music

We were sitting watching YouTube music last night, easy to forget what you have at your fingertips.

:clapping:clapping:clapping

42 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Just started my 4 days off and back from the supermarket, I do the cooking when I'm not working so tend to buy slightly different items from my partner - noticed today that more than a few of "my items" have gone up in price from pre-virus days...

Aye.

I've been suffering that in my Waitrose shop, too.  There were always deals to be had and steady pricing...

however...

this morning there were returns to stuff missing for weeks  -

16-pack loo rolls, eggs by the dozen, a whole range of chocolate biscuits (still NOTHING from Tunnock!), tins of soup...

And I got one fine deal.

today's big winner was Adams Ghost ship, 500ml bottles. Of 0.5 alcohol beer.  Usually £1.30, today 95p.  I stockpiled... at the very moment a voice in the sky was asking us to keep away from other customers and think of them when purchasing items.

i did think of them. I said , “Cheers!” Inwardly...

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Aye.

I've been suffering that in my Waitrose shop, too.  There were always deals to be had and steady pricing...

however...

this morning there were returns to stuff missing for weeks  -

16-pack loo rolls, eggs by the dozen, a whole range of chocolate biscuits (still NOTHING from Tunnock!), tins of soup...

And I got one fine deal.

today's big winner was Adams Ghost ship, 500ml bottles. Of 0.5 alcohol beer.  Usually £1.30, today 95p.  I stockpiled... at the very moment a voice in the sky was asking us to keep away from other customers and think of them when purchasing items.

i did think of them. I said , “Cheers!” Inwardly...

You shop in Waitrose...aye, right.