Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

Just had Jet2 on the phone, we had booked a holiday in Portugal for June 6th.

They have been going through bookings in date order, a surprisingly logical approach.

Pleasant telephone call, we made it clear we'd prefer a refund rather than a holiday voucher, within 2 minutes a confirmation e-mail came through that a full refund was agreed.

They have been excellent throughout, although this hasn't been enough for some people, pouring out the usual nonsense on Facebook.

This level of customer service goes a long way with us, when the green light is given for foreign holidays we will definitely be using them again. 

Well done. :thumbs2

PS Money ALREADY transferred back through PayPal, can't ask for any more. 

Efficient, one person deals with the whole process, not passed onto another department where it could get lost in a sea of paperwork. 

Edited by faraway saint

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

They have been going through bookings in date order, a surprisingly logical approach.

Pleasant telephone call, we made it clear we'd prefer a refund rather than a holiday voucher, within 2 minutes a confirmation e-mail came through that a full refund was agreed.

They have been excellent throughout, although this hasn't been enough for some people, pouring out the usual nonsense on Facebook.

This level of customer service goes a long way with us, when the green light is given for foreign holidays we will definitely be using them again. 

Efficient, one person deals with the whole process, not passed onto another department where it could get lost in a sea of paperwork. 

I have flown with them around 15 times in the last 7 years, and apart from a few late departures have had no problem with them at all.

Their staff at Faro and Arrecife airports have always excellent in assisting my wife with the wheelchair help that she need at arrival.

Glad you got your cash back and you can now invest in a season ticket   :rolleyes:

Just now, Tommy said:

I have flown with them around 15 times in the last 7 years, and apart from a few late departures have had no problem with them at all.

Their staff at Faro and Arrecife airports have always excellent in assisting my wife with the wheelchair help that she need at arrival.

Glad you got your cash back to spend on anything I flippin like.   :rolleyes:

A good post Tam, especially with the small adjustment I made. :rolleyes:

In the current situation they, Jet2, have been very transparent, and most people will understand that the normal "14 day" return was impossible. 

Working through the backlog in date order made sense.

One person dealing with the phone call, confirmation e-mail and refund, all within a few minutes, is another common sense approach.

Aye, they have my vote as soon as this mess has gone. :thumbs2

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:

Aye, good that you got sorted efficiently, my holiday with TUI has also been cancelled, I expect to be jumping through hoops for some time to get my cash back, different ball game with them.

Aye, heard they're not quite as eager to give refunds.

Finger's crossed. 👍

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

A good post Tam, especially with the small adjustment I made. :rolleyes:

In the current situation they, Jet2, have been very transparent, and most people will understand that the normal "14 day" return was impossible. 

Working through the backlog in date order made sense.

One person dealing with the phone call, confirmation e-mail and refund, all within a few minutes, is another common sense approach.

Aye, they have my vote as soon as this mess has gone. :thumbs2

We always book with them over the phone since we don't used the transfer when we go to Lanzarote, just easy for us to jump into a taxi since it isn't far the resort we tend to go to. 

Because of that, we tend to get a small discount of £20 off the price. 

Their weight allowance of 22Kg is handy for the plastic bottles of vodka that come back with me  :lol: 

Being on the large side  :whistle  i also find the seats fit me better than other airlines.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Glad you got your cash back and you can now invest in a season ticket   :rolleyes:

We used them for a holiday in March, (as an aside, we returned on 13th March as they were closing things down), but, just a week before we were due to travel, my wife was invalided and had to use crutches. I called them three days before our departure date and they put everything in place to assist. Excellent service which we acknowledged when we returned. we've used them for our last seven holidays and would happily use them again, pandemic allowing.

The season ticket seems far fetched mind you.🤣

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Interesting.

I've got a Jet2 return flight going out on the 7th of July to Rome.

Hopefully, they'll take a similar approach with flights only.

Still waiting on reimbursement for my Ryanair (Thieving cunts!) Krakow flights, after knocking back their "kind" offer of a voucher. No idea when I'll get my money back. Amazing that it takes about 2 seconds, when buying the flights, for the money to leave your bank account and go into theirs , but several months for them to return the money (because they're busy), after you've spoken to them on the phone and been assured that you're now on the list for a refund. Did I mention that they are thieving cunts?

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS
Interesting.
Still waiting on reimbursement for my Ryanair (Thieving cunts!) Krakow flights, after knocking back their "kind" offer of a voucher. No idea when I'll get my money back. Amazing that it takes about 2 seconds, when buying the flights, for the money to leave your bank account and go into theirs , but several months for them to return the money (because they're busy), after you've spoken to them on the phone and been assured that you're now on the list for a refund. Did I mention that they are thieving cunts?
There's a lot of folks deposits sitting for weeks /months in travel companies accounts. All adds up and the interest may help cushion the blow for them.

On of my in laws actually lost their jet2 deposit as they booked it on a debit not credit card and didn't want the full cost of holiday coming out of their account.
Knew that although they would get it refunded, it would take weeks as full holiday is paid a couple of monthsor so in advance of going. There was also the potential for company going bust in interim so they decided not to take the risk.

Interesting.
You'll not need a refund for the Rome trip. [emoji6]

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:
6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
You'll not need a refund for the Rome trip. emoji6.png

Unless they come up with a way to social distance on a plane, of course I will.

He's still hanging onto the idea people will be traveling in July.

He's going to Largs, it's not quite the same. 🙄

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's a lot of folks deposits sitting for weeks /months in travel companies accounts. All adds up and the interest may help cushion the blow for them.

On of my in laws actually lost their jet2 deposit as they booked it on a debit not credit card and didn't want the full cost of holiday coming out of their account.
Knew that although they would get it refunded, it would take weeks as full holiday is paid a couple of monthsor so in advance of going. There was also the potential for company going bust in interim so they decided not to take the risk.

Surely that would've been in the "good ole days", I doubt they'll be getting much at the moment.

Hopefully not too long...

Judy Anne Mikovits is an American anti-vaccination activist, conspiracy theorist, and former medical researcher. She has made discredited claims about vaccines, coronavirus, and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Actually if you at her career trajectory it reads a little bit like Dr. Hans Zarkoff's, perhaps Covid was sent to earth by Ming the Merciless - Flash we only have 14 hours to save the earth.

flash_gordon_movie_special_1980_009-010.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Not only will they not be getting interest on a business account, they'll be paying a bank charge for every transaction.

It's more likely that they will be using that cash to pay their creditors and other things like wages. That'll be why some of these companies will be unable to issue refunds. They'll have some money set aside for that but there's no way every penny will be available to them to refund every single passenger. It's been spent keeping them afloat.

In that regard, they are in the same boat as banks. The money is spent almost immediately it arrives in their accounts.

Maybe Jet2 have a better cash position than others.

Guest TPAFKATS
Surely that would've been in the "good ole days", I doubt they'll be getting much at the moment.
It's all relative to the amount you have though (as someone said with regards to care home profits) isn't it?
Hundreds of thousands of deposits gains a reasonable return over a few months for literally no effort.

I'm not criticising Jet2.

My experience was exactly like this, dealt with excellently. Hope they survive. Loganair on the other hand !!! Doing everything to avoid refunding (flight only obviously J2 was a package), now saying up to 90 days.

Well done. default_thumbup2.gif

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

My experience was exactly like this, dealt with excellently. Hope they survive. Loganair on the other hand !!! Doing everything to avoid refunding (flight only obviously J2 was a package), now saying up to 90 days.

We got lucky in the sense this was the first package we'd booked for maybe 20 odd years.

All our holidays in the last while have been flights, apartment or hotel booked separately.

Doubt we'd have been as lucky if we'd gone down that route. 

Edited by faraway saint

Yes the package is good that way, we have reverted back to them having been doing DIY following a few health issues a few years ago. Ironically the good one like J2 could benefit out this in years to come assuming they survive the next 12-18 months

We got lucky in the sense this was the first package we'd booked for maybe 20 odd years.
All our holiday in the last while have been flights, apartment or hotel booked separately.
Doubt we'd have been as lucky if we'd gone down that route. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Yes the package is good that way, we have reverted back to them having been doing DIY following a few health issues a few years ago. Ironically the good one like J2 could benefit out this in years to come assuming they survive the next 12-18 months

I'd like to think people who have used them going into this situation will recognise how they've acted.

Again, I know the "rules" said 14 days but it would be foolish for anyone to expect anything to happen in that time span with the current numbers involved. (Although tha hasn't stopped the usual level of fcukwiterry from some on Facebook) 

Like you say, hopefully they get through this and we'll certainly be using them as soon as travel is back on the cards. :thumbs2