Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

10 hours ago, Yflab said:

My wife had a holiday booked with Jet2 and she was called yesterday and everything was settled relatively easy. She was asked the Tipping Point question a number of times mind you.........

“Do you want to take the trade or the money?”

Thankfully she took the money.

When you get good customer service you remember that. Well done Jet2. I hope they get through this. We’d book with them again.

Anybody who doesn't take the money is utterly stupid. A lot of firms will go bust soon, and the voucher will be useless.

My favourite Chinese Takeaway,the Golden Dragon in Crookston Road  reopens today at 4-30 pm 

I am so looking forward to purchasing my Sunday dinner from there. 

The Yulan House has been a decent alternative in the past few weeks for me, so will give them 7/10 and say thanks. 

Hopefully the Golden Dragon will be their usual excellent 9/10 self. 

Cannae fecking wait.  

I must be addicted. 

Edited by shull

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I use an IPTV service mate, gives access to a wide range of movies so not sure what other provider would have it. 

Cheers, although I don’t know how I can relax at home and watch a movie while also being alert! 😂

The Hawkhead Road Car Wash has now reopened. 

As has the Car Wash in Ibrox on Broomloan Road. 

Work, Car Wash and a Chinese Takeaway all in the one day. 

Normal life is returning. 

2 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

Did you check the background of the author of that article?

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Did you check the background of the author of that article?

It’s an aggregated, collective news website.

unattributable, as far as I could see....

“scary mince” was my gut reaction so no need to read or delve further.

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

It’s an aggregated, collective news website.

unattributable, as far as I could see....

“scary mince” was my gut reaction so no need to read or delve further.

I was amused by the throwaway description of the abstract of a peer reviewed scientific paper as "theoretical waffle" just because the author didn't have the background to understand it.

A wonderfully soppy, maudlin performance of Bridge over Troubled Waters by Welsh folk at a hospital.

(Not to everyBuddie's taste. I hope.  :P

It really lives up to the stereotype of them being great singers...  Some sublime voices.

(actual performance disnae start till about 2m10s in...)

40 minutes ago, antrin said:

A wonderfully soppy, maudlin performance of Bridge over Troubled Waters by Welsh folk at a hospital.

(Not to everyBuddie's taste. I hope.  :P

It really lives up to the stereotype of them being great singers...  Some sublime voices.

(actual performance disnae start till about 2m10s in...)

I can't bring myself to even click that link lest my lunch spurt from my stomach.

I'm not sure I can take much more of this obsessive, nauseating "emoting".

I see BJ mentioning the prospect of Westminster fully re-opening, he must be praying for the return of his braying backbenchers after his waffling & inability to deal with detail (remember his incompetence) was again exposed by (Sir) Keir Starmer.

Another brave statement from Oaky above - surely there must be a limit to the number of feel-good news items a person can take.

My personal suggestion for a "good new story" would be to promote Cap'n Tom to Major instead of giving him some irrelevant rank in the non existant British Empire, this way when he dies we can play the David Bowie song at his funeral. The only question should be the original version or a 10,000 strong socially distanced NHS choir. :headbang:whistle

Edited by Bud the Baker

I see BJ mentioning the prospect of Westminster fully re-opening, he must be praying for the return of his braying backbenchers after his waffling & inability to deal with detail (remember his incompetence) was again exposed by (Sir) Keir Starmer.
Another brave statement from Oaky above - surely there must be a limit to the number of feel-good news items a person can take.
My personal suggestion for a "good new story" would be to promote Cap'n Tom to Major instead of giving him some irrelevant rank in the non existant British Empire, this way when he dies we can play the David Bowie song at his funeral. The only question should be the original version or a 10,000 strong socially distanced NHS choir. :headbang:whistle
Too late, he's now a colonel...

12 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Too late, he's now a colonel...

Colonel Bogie it is then the big question is do you eat it once you've howked out - well ma'am?

537625ca7ee39_bean2.jpg

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

"feel-good"?

Bleuch!

Why are people so weak that they need to indulge in this virtue signalling, overly emotional, pointless tripe? Why are people clinging on to this old 100 year old and turning him into a saint?

More importantly, why does it all enrage me to the point of wanting to machine gun people? Suggestions welcome. 🤣

Suggestion:

I guess people take succour and comfort in such public kindness, communal good, hope and positivity, (Manifest in images of camaraderie and love or sounds of music, service to others and happiness) when their own lives are hard, shit, without such things as hope, inspiration and purpose?  Getting through each and every day is often a burden for most people.

I acknowledge it could be OUR problem, oxter.  Yours and mine - and folk like us.

i also think that stuff is mostly shit sentiment, but then again, I live in the soft underbelly of this land, in a nice hoose with garden. I know where my next meal’s coming from,  have Little responsibility and don’t mind that my work seems to have ended.. I’ll manage. 

I have no need of free offerings of good news. I’m/we’re alright, Jack/oxter, but...
It’s hurting no one.  It is “nice”.

We shouldn’t knock it.