Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

I see BJ mentioning the prospect of Westminster fully re-opening, he must be praying for the return of his braying backbenchers after his waffling & inability to deal with detail (remember his incompetence) was again exposed by (Sir) Keir Starmer. ******************* Another brave statement from Oaky above - surely there must be a limit to the number of feel-good news items a person can take. My personal suggestion for a "good new story" would be to promote Cap'n Tom to Major instead of giving him some irrelevant rank in the non existant British Empire, this way when he dies we can play the David Bowie song at his funeral. The only question should be the original version or a 10,000 strong socially distanced NHS choir. default_punk.gifdefault_whistling.gif

Here, fishy fishy!   

"feel-good"? Bleuch! Why are people so weak that they need to indulge in this virtue signalling, overly emotional, pointless tripe? Why are people clinging on to this old 100 year old and turning him into a saint? More importantly, why does it all enrage me to the point of wanting to machine gun people? Suggestions welcome. [emoji1787]

Gotcha!   

Ffs, oaky, for someone who claims to be of superior intellect your failure to spot a fishing trip aimed squarely at you - and only at you - is woeful.

4 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Here, fishy fishy!   

Gotcha!   

Ffs, oaky, for someone who claims to be of superior intellect your failure to spot a fishing trip aimed squarely at you - and only at you - is woeful.

What on earth are you wittering on about?

Was the smiley face in that post too subtle for you?

Calm down dear. It's a bit of fun.

Edited by oaksoft

The recent criticism of the Scottish government about the lack of PPE has been unfair and desperate from people trying to bash them in circumstances no one could have seen.

This item shows how people, and companies, have pulled together to solve the problem rather than whine about it.

The man responsible for procuring personal protective equipment (PPE) for the NHS in Scotland has admitted the global demand amid the coronavirus pandemic "caught everyone by surprise".

Jim Miller told me there had been flaws in Scotland's contingency plans for a pandemic when it came to the supply and demand of PPE but he insisted there was a success story to tell in how Scottish firms have adapted to produce protective equipment.

Full story here.......................https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52661397

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Thank you, needed cheering up and that suited my sense oh humour.

Reminds me of 35 years ago I was dressed in a gorilla costume stilt walking on the Paisley Town Hall stage. emoji23.png

It makes ma smile as I think how I'd feel for the first few seconds when "they" start doing "stuff".......................:lol:

Some people are bloody inconsiderate! My elderly neighbour's dog has been barking continuously for three days straight. I have chapped his door, but there's no answer. He's so lazy that he can't even be bothered to collect his post, which I can see is piled up behind his porch door. Nor has he even drawn his curtains for a few days, the idle c**t! In fact he couldn't even be bothered to come out and clap for the NHS last night, despite the fact he's been in and out of hospital for the last few years. 

I've a good mind  to vandalised his mobility car... 

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Who needs alcohol, Orange Lucozade is the way ahead.......................

FS, believe it or not but they are my Grandkids, haven't seen them for eight weeks. I've just had one of my pals who lives in Dallas tell me they've been on the TV over there...….it's absolutely mental!!

Just now, WeeBud said:

FS, believe it or not but they are my Grandkids, haven't seen them for eight weeks. I've just had one of my pals who lives in Dallas tell me they've been on the TV over there...….it's absolutely mental!!

Brilliant, that laugh, I watched it 3 times....................................happiness.:lol:

2 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Pinocchio-ru010.jpg.8681c68b9d1881c0d9b04285763839d1.jpg

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Brilliant, that laugh, I watched it 3 times....................................happiness.:lol:

It's just total, unadulterated innocence (first and last time they'll be having Lucozade incidentally), I actually thought it was going to turn into a ruck when they were wrestling over the bottle!! Twins would you believe!!

Edited by WeeBud

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Who needs alcohol, Orange Lucozade is the way ahead.......................

2l lucozade, they won't sleep for a week ! It made it on to the Vine show on R2 at lunchtime

Looks more like water to me. 

Somebody mentioned that on Facebook. 

Edited by faraway saint